Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 24-03-21, 01:06   #1
justin

Default Welcome to Dark Skies reimagined

For my veteran TRLE buddies, you may remember my poorly-aged Dark Skies levels

Way back in 2003, I was still working on finishing the series when my PC crashed and I lost the 10th-16th levels (don't worry, they weren't great). At the same time, however, I was already imagining my next large adventure. I called it my TR Legend Project. Of course, CD then took over TR and created Tomb Raider Legend, so I had to rename my project lol

It was mostly just an idea back in 2003, some fantasy adventure that takes Lara into an enchanted forest, a mushroom-filled mountain, and a cloud work. The idea evolved to be what is basically a reboot of Dark Skies. I started actually building the first city level in 2005 while working on my Marshlands project. I eventually started the Valley level and finished the Forest level, but it really sat around collecting dust for nearly a decade.

So let's just fast forward to now! It's finishing up Beta and will be released soon

Keep in mind, this game was started in Winroomedit and then finished using NGLE and the glorious NG_Center. I only just recently learned about Tomb Editor and I never dabbled in Meta to modify the architecture of levels.

My Legend Project is now Tomb Raider Horizons, and it begins with the Hellgate Sage. I'm excited to start the next saga using Tomb Editor
Hopefully my next project won't take 15 years to finish haha

I have some images and info on my FB page: https://www.facebook.com/trlehorizons

And here's a simple trailer I put together: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw4yU_YXfl0

UPDATED Section for the sequel: Demon Saga
Game poster for Demon Saga drawn by Anastasia:

https://www.instagram.com/_needlesslycryptic_/

Lots of art by the legendary Anastasia:

Featuring Achievements to unlock:

Maps for every level:

Campsites:

Merchants:

And lots more features:

Last edited by justin; 20-06-22 at 21:05.
justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-21, 08:40   #2
Wolf 7

Genuinely hyped about your new custom, Justin ^w^ It is always nice to see back older builders!
I like the look of the trailer a lot (despite I did see it previously), may I ask what OST is playing in the background, I have the feeling I have heard it before but cannot really remember where Hmm
Wolf 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-21, 11:50   #3
Bojrker

Looks great. Dark skies was one of my favourites back then... It's been a long time since I played a custom. Lack of time. Maybe I'll try this one
Bojrker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-21, 12:31   #4
justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 7 View Post
Genuinely hyped about your new custom, Justin ^w^ It is always nice to see back older builders!
I like the look of the trailer a lot (despite I did see it previously), may I ask what OST is playing in the background, I have the feeling I have heard it before but cannot really remember where Hmm
It's actually from a level in Sonic 3D for the Saturn if I recall correctly
Old 24-03-21, 13:33   #5
Kubsy

Wow Justin, I've been following this project for a couple of years now and I am so happy that it will be released soon alongside with War Of The Worlds by Maati. I am looking forward

It's quite ironic how you had the project name as "TR legend" and then 3 years later a game is released called "TR Legend" ahah.
Maybe you should predict the next TR game?

But anyways I am looking forward
Kubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-21, 13:41   #6
justin

I kept expecting my other names to be stolen by haha
The second name I gave this game before settling on Horizons was Ruination, and I think another custom game ended up using a similar name

I hope my game lives up to my hype. It's not even in the same world as WoW, that game looks beyond epic. That said, I'm excited about the puzzles in my game
Old 24-03-21, 14:41   #7
saintjunia

justin, this looks so good! There are many great realistic projects out there (and I love realism), but your fantasy setting is so inviting! It looks like a full-fledged game, and I see on fb the beta took 6 hrs. Will be following your progress! Will be fascinating to find clues and read lore, and, of course, raid.
saintjunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-21, 14:46   #8
justin

Thanks! I'm with you on that, I love the high-detailed realistic levels coming out. I'm personally eagerly awaiting Titak's next Avalon game
Old 14-04-21, 16:02   #9
justin

Level is now live on trle.net
Old 14-04-21, 21:07   #10
PedroTheGamer

awesome,imma play this rn ^^
PedroTheGamer is offline   Reply With Quote