www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 20-08-21, 17:20   #101
ATombRaiderFan
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameliorator View Post
Ooh yes Iíve been keeping up with the mesh modding news and itís really exciting. And yeah Iím slowly getting used to editing stuff but itís a lot of trial and error for me so far haha Iíve been testing out upscaling textures. Iím hoping I can provide something useful too one day!
Trial and error pretty much sums up my experience with modding too, so you're in good company.

Changelog 2.10:

Removed an artifact from the lower back of the Evening, Red dress.

New DRM/RAW files:
  • costume_lara_evening_red.drm
  • lara_evening_red.drm

Red Dress Edition

Imgur album

I've created another tpf file to be used concurrently with Old Gen+ mod. This replaces the Evening and Ripped models with red versions for both storymode and replays.

If anyone would like to see DRMs for Red Dress Edition then say so and I'll make these available
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-21, 01:17   #102
Ameliorator
Hobbyist

Hey I'm sure you will have noticed this already so I'm assuming it can't be fixed but I haven't seen it mentioned yet so I just wanted to ask: what the hell is going on with the environment textures during the Kazakhstan bike section? A lot of them are either flickering or are completely invisible. Is it possible for this to be fixed?
Ameliorator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-21, 06:01   #103
ATombRaiderFan
Historian

Quote:
Hey I'm sure you will have noticed this already so I'm assuming it can't be fixed but I haven't seen it mentioned yet so I just wanted to ask: what the hell is going on with the environment textures during the Kazakhstan bike section? A lot of them are either flickering or are completely invisible. Is it possible for this to be fixed?
Imgur album

Note the ice effect which is applied to some rocky surfaces.

In affected areas it seems to be a case of untextured surfaces, even with the ice effect on top. These could be down to bad uv mapping or the level is just bugged out in general.

There's nothing I can do to fix these, sorry.

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 21-08-21 at 06:17.
Old 21-08-21, 17:04   #104
Ameliorator
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan View Post
Imgur album

Note the ice effect which is applied to some rocky surfaces.

In affected areas it seems to be a case of untextured surfaces, even with the ice effect on top. These could be down to bad uv mapping or the level is just bugged out in general.

There's nothing I can do to fix these, sorry.
Ah yeah I see the issue now. UV mapping seems to be a problem in a few areas throughout the game so it's a shame there's mothing that can be done to fix it but thanks again anyway. And don't be sorry! You've done more than enough
Old 25-08-21, 17:05   #105
ATombRaiderFan
Historian

Quote:
Ah yeah I see the issue now. UV mapping seems to be a problem in a few areas throughout the game so it's a shame there's mothing that can be done to fix it but thanks again anyway. And don't be sorry! You've done more than enough
Thank you

I've been reviewing the next gen textures because there are some that are 1:1 identical to old gen textures, but larger and better quality.

Imgur album

The next gen glass roof texture (blue) is customized to match the old gen version.

I'm working on Croft Manor first to see how viable it is to give Old Gen+ a dose of new gen. There are a lot of textures to go through so let's see how it goes

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 25-08-21 at 18:22.
Old 25-08-21, 18:40   #106
UroshUchiha
Explorer

Oh that's cool. I actually never played New Gen mode cause it always looked "ew" when I enabled it so I always reverted my decision.
Never knew that there are 1:1 textures but with better quality.

Importing those to old gen could be very cool and based on those screenshots provided they don't look out of place at all. Honestly, I can only see the improvement cause I have a comparison image.
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-21, 04:28   #107
Ameliorator
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan View Post
Thank you

I've been reviewing the next gen textures because there are some that are 1:1 identical to old gen textures, but larger and better quality.

Imgur album

The next gen glass roof texture (blue) is customized to match the old gen version.

I'm working on Croft Manor first to see how viable it is to give Old Gen+ a dose of new gen. There are a lot of textures to go through so let's see how it goes
This is something I just noticed a few days ago. Iíve been playing around with upscaling/fixing the skyboxes in the game and I noticed some of the next gen skyboxes are double the resolution with less compression artefacts. I havenít gone through most of the textures though because, like you said, there are just so many lol but this could definitely be another worthwhile update. Great find!
Old 27-08-21, 16:15   #108
ATombRaiderFan
Historian

While the hunt for hq textures in Croft Manor is still ongoing, I'd like to share a couple of changes which doesn't involve the use of next gen textures.

Imgur album

In Alister's Study - the small book textures are used for the shelves and the big book textures are used for the pushable cart. The books on the shelves now use the bigger textures.

The boots lying on the floor of Lara's bedroom uses a tiny texture. I've customized one of Lara's outfit textures to use as a replacement.

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 27-08-21 at 16:39.
Old 28-08-21, 14:41   #109
Ameliorator
Hobbyist

Hello again,

Just wanted to say that Iíve completed 2 mods Iíve been working on. One mod is an upscale of loading / transition screens in the game. The other mod is an upscale and fixed skybox mod. Almost all the skyboxes had marks and weird lines at the edges where they meet so I cleaned that up.

If anyoneís interested, I want people to be able to use these 2 mods and ATombRaiderFanís mods at the same time but when I try to load them together, they seem to cancel each other out.

I was wondering if you could help me because I canít figure out whatís wrong but if youíre too busy or not interested I completely understand. Just wanted to contribute to improving this game wherever I could
Old 28-08-21, 15:05   #110
ATombRaiderFan
Historian

Quote:
Hello again,

Just wanted to say that I’ve completed 2 mods I’ve been working on. One mod is an upscale of loading / transition screens in the game. The other mod is an upscale and fixed skybox mod. Almost all the skyboxes had marks and weird lines at the edges where they meet so I cleaned that up.

If anyone’s interested, I want people to be able to use these 2 mods and ATombRaiderFan’s mods at the same time but when I try to load them together, they seem to cancel each other out.

I was wondering if you could help me because I can’t figure out what’s wrong but if you’re too busy or not interested I completely understand. Just wanted to contribute to improving this game wherever I could
Hey again!

I think what you need to do is put your 2 tpf files on top of the list in TexMod, and Old Gen+ tpf file should be in 3rd place. This is because the highest tpf file have priority.

Also of course I'm interested to see what you've been working on

Update: On a unrelated matter, if anyone thought Legend had problems, take a look at Anniversary.

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 28-08-21 at 16:15.