Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 24-04-21, 17:02   #1
Greenapple968

Default European Club Football 2020-2021

This section doesn't get a great deal of interest but I have decided to create this thread none the less. If a single person posts in this thread then I guess that creating it was worthwhile.

The previous season (2019/2020) was a strange one, what with Covid causing the season to be suspended, and uncertainty as to whether the season would resume. That must have been very frightening for some fans, especially Liverpool fans as they'd have been denied their first Premier League title. Liverpool completely dominated the league, whereas City, United and Chelsea made the top 4. Leicester, Wolves and Sheffield United did remarkably well by their standards, finishing 5th, 7th and 9th. Arsenal only managed 8th. Norwich, Watford and Bournemouth were all relegated, whereas Aston Villa narrowly avoided the drop.

As for this season, Liverpool are doing a lot worse in comparison to last season. Man City are looking pretty dominate. Leicester and West Ham are doing remarkably well by their standards. United are doing well. Chelsea and Tottenham seem to be a bit inconsistent. Arsenal are doing badly. Sheffield United fell victims to second season syndrome and are already relegated. Fulham and West Brom are looking like the most likely candidates to also go down. Everton and Aston Villa got off to great start to the season, and I wondered if they might do a Leicester, but instead they've had to settle with being top 10 sides.

I didn't bet money on any of the outsiders this year as I was in a secure environment and therefore unable to make any bets.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-21, 13:29   #2
Trenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenapple968 View Post
Arsenal are doing badly.

There is always next season.
Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-21, 17:26   #3
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post

There is always next season.
So you can do badly again?
Old 03-05-21, 11:12   #4
Trenton

Quote:
So you can do badly again?
Most likely yes.

At least it doesn't take much to do better
Old 03-05-21, 21:10   #5
Greenapple968

Quote:
Most likely yes.

At least it doesn't take much to do better
You've gone from a top 4 side to a top 10 side. Where did it all go wrong?
Old 03-05-21, 21:26   #6
Mad Tony

Amazing that Villa are in with a real chance of finishing above Arsenal for the first time in something like 26 years.
Mad Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 21:58   #7
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Tony View Post
Amazing that Villa are in with a real chance of finishing above Arsenal for the first time in something like 26 years.
I bet you wouldn't mind a repeat of the 1992-93 season where you finished above everybody except for Manchester United? During the Martin O'Niell days you managed to finish within a few places of Arsenal, which was good going.
Old 05-05-21, 20:08   #8
Trenton

Quote:
You've gone from a top 4 side to a top 10 side. Where did it all go wrong?
Hard to say. If I knew the answer to that I'd apply for job as manager for sure.

I guess the only consolation is things can only get better from here. Unless we turn into the next Leeds or something.
Old 06-05-21, 15:50   #9
Greenapple968

Quote:
Hard to say. If I knew the answer to that I'd apply for job as manager for sure.

I guess the only consolation is things can only get better from here. Unless we turn into the next Leeds or something.
Things started to go downhill, and so you sacked Arsene Wenger. However, things have gotten even worse since sacking him. Should Arsenal have kept Arsene Wenger? Should they try and get him back? Or is the problem not the manager? I do wonder what will come of Arsenal; I think that the chances of them winning the title next season are slimmer than the chances of them being relegated. Although I don't think they're at risk of going down.
Old 06-05-21, 17:34   #10
Trenton

Quote:
Things started to go downhill, and so you sacked Arsene Wenger. However, things have gotten even worse since sacking him. Should Arsenal have kept Arsene Wenger? Should they try and get him back? Or is the problem not the manager? I do wonder what will come of Arsenal; I think that the chances of them winning the title next season are slimmer than the chances of them being relegated. Although I don't think they're at risk of going down.
Yeah I don't think there is any risk of Arsenal being relegated after next season, but they won't win for sure. I was always against the sacking of Wenger, because it felt like an undecent way to treat him after all those years. And I don't think they would have done any worse if he was still at the helm today, probably they'd do better in anything. Still, I can't really picture Arsenal getting back at the top again with Wenger tbh.