Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 03-06-21, 02:41   #1
Greenapple968

Arrow European Championship 2020

Seeing as we've entered the month of the European Championship, what better time to create a thread dedicated to it. Even though it's taking place in the year 2021, I believe it's still being referred to as the Euros 2020, so that's why I've called it that in the title.

Talk about anything related to the 2020 European Championship. After the way they dominated the 2018 World Cup, I'd have to say that I consider France to be the favourites to win the Euros. The most recent Euros was won by Portugal, although they've got it very tough this time around since they're in the same group as France and Germany. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't exceed the group stage because of that, but we'll see.

I'm English myself, and so England are my nation. We're in the same group as Croatia, Scotland and Czech Republic. Not the easiest group but not the hardest group either. I personally think that Croatia will top the group and England will go through as the runner up, with Scotland finishing 3rd and Czech Republic finishing bottom.

Group A
Italy
Switzerland
Turkey
Wales

Group B
Belgium
Denmark
Finland
Russia

Group C
Austria
Holland
North Macadonia
Ukraine

Group D
Croatia
Czech Republic
England
Scotland

Group E
Poland
Slovakia
Spain
Sweden

Group F
France
Germany
Hungary
Portugal

Talk away.

Last edited by Greenapple968; 03-06-21 at 16:34.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 13:59   #2
Trenton

I'm rooting for Italy. I always root for Italy.
Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 16:35   #3
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
I'm rooting for Italy. I always root for Italy.
Are you from Italy? Judging by the group that they're in, they should exceed the group stage.
Old 03-06-21, 17:59   #4
Trenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenapple968 View Post
Are you from Italy? Judging by the group that they're in, they should exceed the group stage.
No, but I've always rooted for them ever since I was a little kid. Hopefully they'll exeed group stage, but Switzerland and Turkey are not to be underestimated I think.

Things are looking pretty bright for England too. Interesting to see they'll be facing off against Scotland. I love all things British so I hope both teams succeed from that group.

That group F is brutal though! Poor Hungary.
Old 03-06-21, 18:56   #5
Greenapple968

Quote:
No, but I've always rooted for them ever since I was a little kid. Hopefully they'll exeed group stage, but Switzerland and Turkey are not to be underestimated I think.

Things are looking pretty bright for England too. Interesting to see they'll be facing off against Scotland. I love all things British so I hope both teams succeed from that group.

That group F is brutal though! Poor Hungary.
Any reason why you root for Italy?

It would be nice to see all British teams exceed the group stage but I can't imagine England and Scotland both exceeding the group stage; I think that Croatia will be one of the teams to make it out of that group. I think that Wales have a fair chance of exceeding the group stage.

And yes, Hungary do have it immensely tough; they're in the same group as two elite teams and one near-elite team.
Old 03-06-21, 20:46   #6
Trenton

Quote:
Any reason why you root for Italy?
I guess it's a similar story to how many people initially discovers their favourite teams within the national leagues and stick with them for life; coincidence. It was no conscious decision on my part really, but rather that I just happened to watched them play back when I was an easily impressionable kid and it got me hooked. So Italy and Arsenal ​it is for me. For life.

In later years I've also come to love Holland though.

So my dream final would be Italy vs Holland (or second best Italy vs England).

What's your dream final?
Old 03-06-21, 22:05   #7
Greenapple968

Quote:
I guess it's a similar story to how many people initially discovers their favourite teams within the national leagues and stick with them for life; coincidence. It was no conscious decision on my part really, but rather that I just happened to watched them play back when I was an easily impressionable kid and it got me hooked. So Italy and Arsenal ​it is for me. For life.

In later years I've also come to love Holland though.

So my dream final would be Italy vs Holland (or second best Italy vs England).

What's your dream final?
Being English, my international team are England. I also root for Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, seeing as they are British teams. My dream final would be England V San Marino as we're bound to win.
Old 10-06-21, 18:36   #8
Trenton

Quote:
Being English, my international team are England. I also root for Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, seeing as they are British teams. My dream final would be England V San Marino as we're bound to win.
Nice! I predict a 12-0 win for England.

I bet hell freezes over before San Marino even qualifies for the European Cup though.
Old 10-06-21, 19:56   #9
Greenapple968

Quote:
Nice! I predict a 12-0 win for England.

I bet hell freezes over before San Marino even qualifies for the European Cup though.
Maybe we need San Marino to host a tournament; that way they'll qualify.