www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 25-06-21, 01:43   #1
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Arrow Longest And Shortest Level In Each TR Game That You've Played?

In every TR game that you've played, try to decide which level you think takes you the longest time to complete, and which level you think takes you the shortest time to complete. For example, if you've played all of the Tomb Raider games, then try to pick a longest and shortest level from TR1, then TR2, and the same with TR3, and so on.

Something very noteworthy:
I'll be keeping a tally of which levels get the most votes and I'll work out which levels win at being the longest and which levels win at being the shortest. If this thread gets enough interest, then I will then request two separate "Championship Polls".
One of the "Championship Polls" will contain all of the winning longest levels; one from TR1, one from TR2, one from TR3, etc.
The other "Championship Poll" will contain all of the winning shortest levels and the same rules will apply.
We'll then vote in the Polls for which levels we think take us the longest/shortest amount of time to complete, and it should then reveal which level is the longest in the whole of TR and which is the shortest.

Rules:
You can vote for any TR game that you've played, although the golds are not to be included in this thread.
If you haven't played every TR then don't worry; just vote for the ones you have played.
Only pick one level. If (figure of speech) you couldn't decide which level takes you the longest in TR3 and you were to put more than one level, then neither would be counted/tallied. If you truly couldn't decide, then leave it blank and vote for the ones you can decide on. But I'd prefer it if you could decide on all of them.
Please make sure you have the correct level name and please post level names and not descriptions of levels or anything like that. The more accurate your posts are then the easier it will be for me, especially seeing as the only TRs I know well are TR1-AOD. If you see something that isn't correct then I'd be really grateful if you could mention it.
You don't have to give reasons for your choices.

Here go mine:

TR1
Longest: Atlantis
Shortest: Caves

TR2
Longest: Wreck Of The Maria Doria
Shortest: Home Sweet Home

TR3
Longest: Lost City Of Tinnos
Shortest: City

Last Revelation
Longest: Tomb Of Semerkhet
Shortest: Alexandria

Chronicles
Longest: Red Alert
Shortest: Deepsea Dive

AOD
Longest: Hall Of Seasons
Shortest: Margot Carvier's Apartment

Over to you lot.
Old 25-06-21, 04:31   #2
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

I don't see a reason why golds shouldn't be included. You may have not played them, but others have and they're still TR games.

TR1:
Shortest: caves
Longest: sanctuary of the scion

Tr2:
Shortest: ice palace
Longest: temple of xian or barkhang monastery

Tr3:
Shortest: city
Longest: luds gate?

Tr4:
Shortest: race to the iris
Longest: honestly the hub system makes it difficult to rank the longest level

Tr5:
Shortest: deep-sea dive
Longesy: probably old mill
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-21, 04:54   #3
trfan16
Archaeologist

TRI
Longest: Atlantis (Every room of this level contains some sort of puzzle or trap you have to overcome).
Shortest: Tomb of Qualopec (Essentially it's one main chamber with three side rooms containing easy puzzles. Didn't want to vote Caves since it was the first level ever and presents a fair challenge for new players._

TRII
Longest: Temple of Xian (Similar to Atlantis where every room is filled with some type of puzzle or trap Lara has to overcome. On top of that, you are running all over the level to collect keys to unlock places on the other side of the level.)
Shortest: Dragon's Lair (I know Home Sweet Home is probably faster to complete, but I felt this level deserves the vote more since the first couple of the level with the Xian Warriors and Cultists are just there to pad the level length.)

TRIII
Longest: Lud's Gate (This level is definitely an endurance test. Once you complete the minisub part with the underwater maze, you think you're close to being done with the level. But nope, you still have a ways to go)
Shortest: City (I honestly want to vote Cave of Kaliya since the maze was a lazy attempt to pad the length of the level. But with City, all you're doing is climbing to the top of the level while occasionally avoiding Sophia's "charged shots).

TRIV:
Longest: The Lost Library (This level length is quite comparable to TRI-TRIII levels and there is no backtracking involved either to fluff the level out.)
Shortest: Hall of Demetrius (What is the point of this level? It's basically a fight with a few henchmen and a cutscene. It really could've been combined with Lost Library.)

TRC:
Longest: Labyrinth (This level confused the heck out of me the first time I played it.)
Shortest: Deep Sea Dive

AOD:
Longest: Maximum Containment Area (I honestly don't remember the AOD levels since I wiped most of them from by brain. The Sanitarium levels though felt like they dragged on too much)
Shortest: Margot Carvier's Apartment (Waste of space level.)

Legends:
Longest: Peru (I remember spending a considerable amount of time in this level compared to others. It might have to do with how the level is split up into four sections. Kind of reminded me of the Classics where Lara would spend 3-4 levels in one location.)
Shortest: Bolivia Redux (Basically just a boss fight.)

Anniversary:
Longest: Obelish of Khamoon (Damn that wall running jump to hell.)
Shortest: City of Vilcabamba (Haven't touched this game since 2007/2008, but I remember this level being on the short side.)

Underworld:
Longest: Coastal Thailand (I don't really remember the level names in Underworld... I will go with this level since it was probably the only section of this game I enjoyed.)
Shortest: Andaman Sea (Basically a short level to show off Thor's Hammer)

Reboot

I honestly don't remember most of the level names in the Reboot series. The only one I can actually vote with confidence is the Soviet Installation being the longest level in Rise.

Last edited by trfan16; 25-06-21 at 04:57.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-21, 06:10   #4
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
Tr2:
Shortest: ice palace
Longest: temple of xian or barkhang monastery
Are you able to pick just one level out of Temple Of Xian and Barkhang Monastery?
Old 25-06-21, 14:29   #5
xdesperado_
Explorer

TR I

Longest: Cistern (this level seems to drag on forever each time I revisit)
Shortest: Caves

TR II

Longest: Opera House
Shortest: Home Sweet Home

TR III

Longest: High Security Compound (I would've said Lud's Gate as it's detested by many, but I haven't played that level in many years)
Shortest: City

The Last Revelation

Longest: The Lost Library
Shortest: KV5

Chronicles

Longest: Red Alert
Shortest: Deep Sea Dive

Angel of Darkness

Longest: Parisian Ghetto
Shortest: Margot Carvier's Apartment

Legend

Longest: Kazakhstan
Shortest: Bolivia Redux

Anniversary

Longest: Obelisk of Khamoon
Shortest: Mountain Caves

Underworld

Longest: Southern Mexico (the level is fun up until Lara is inside the tomb)
Shortest: Prologue - Croft Manor (I just remember all the other levels, including the full Croft Manor one being quite long)

(For the reboot games it's hard to pick them out as levels, as they're presented seamlessly as chapters/base camps)

TR2013

Longest: Shanty Town
Shortest: Geothermal Caverns

Rise

Longest: The Lost City
Shortest: Syria

Shadow

Longest: Paititi
Shortest: Croft Manor flashback
xdesperado_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-21, 17:18   #6
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenapple968 View Post
Are you able to pick just one level out of Temple Of Xian and Barkhang Monastery?
i'm torn between the two because barkhang monastery is a huge level with many areas to explore. it's easy to get lost.

temple of xian is like a messy labyrinth where you have to guess where to go + the absurd difficulty

idk maybe the first
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-21, 14:14   #7
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Thanks to those of you who have voted in this thread. At the moment, I don't think a poll will be worthwhile due to the low number of responses that this thread has received. I would be really grateful if more people could take the time to vote. Is there anybody who hasn't yet voted and would like to?