www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 29-06-20, 18:53   #2751
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnatchingEdges View Post
Can you please stop bringing Anira when you have no nore arguments?

She's not treated like a rag doll at all. Some women like rough sex and you're no one to judge them or their feminism for that. Wild sex=/ treating your sex partner like ****, which is not the case.

Mani has perfectly explained to you, sex can be raw and with no cinematography behind even with love partners. Sometimes you don't even last more than 2 minutes.

Abby is not a troll, you're just mad cuz she's masculine. Butch queens exist, live with it. No one said feminine women cannot be strong. Look at Mel and Dina.
But that's all the gaming industry panders to, butch troll looking women that don't look half as good as actual real life women.

Also I never said people don't act like that sometimes during sex, I said not Everytime. Also no I don't have neighbors thank God.

This isn't about wild sex, this is about how shocking they try to make a scene for the sake of it and it's just hypocritical when people complain about Lara Croft advertisements. Especially Anita who wrote part of the game, the same woman who make an entire video about Lara's butt.

Yes I will bring her up, because she is someone who worked on the game.

And the hypocracy of her actions in the past compared to now is unbelievable.

The scene was not necessary, her original design was better suited for Abby then turning her into the hulk.
Old 29-06-20, 18:53   #2752
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

I was made-up to see Owen without his top on. For a video game character he’s hot.
Old 29-06-20, 18:55   #2753
Mani_Man
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
But it's hypocritical, especially from Anita who bitched about women being treated like objects and here you have Abby getting used like a rag doll, going wild for the pleasures of a man.
Which has nothing to do with anita sarkeesian because its still just a rumor that she had any influence on the game...unless your twitter buddies have more factual evidence on her involvement.
And maybe it would be a good idea for you to watch the scene before commenting because it is very clear that its not some one sided fleshlight enjoyment scene just for the male character.

Quote:
It's like unbelievable how some don't see it.
Considering you seemingly cant even see directly spelled out sentences...i wouldnt lean out of the window too much.

Quote:
Also Abby looks like a troll, sorry, but I'm so over making women look like ugly toll trolls in order to push an angle. Feminine women can be strong too, women don't have to turn themselves into wannabe men in order to be "strong".

Although she couldn't even be portrayed as that. Reboot Lara looks 1000x more like an actual woman then Abby does. Abby looks like a freak of nature.
Dont know what the "sorry" is supposed to do here since you arent sorry at all.
Are you so insecure about your very own opinion that you think its less wrong going "sorry have to say this" or so?
It sounds more like you know how bad your opinion are, yet you still stand behind it.
That for you a woman has to look a certain way to be valid...is not really a shocker.
You being super short sighted, toxic and awful...isnt breaking news.

Again the game tells you why Abby is built like she is...why you open your mouth about a game you havent played, watched or even 10% of it understand...i dont know.
But you arent the first or the last who does that...youre just simply one of those who arent really clever about hiding it.

Abby is a woman, woman dont have to look a specific kind to be valid or desireable or so.
Your reaction to this, shows exactly why we need more TLOU2...to normalize those things.
Normalize that Woman come in all sizes and forms, that intimacy comes in many different ways.
Mani_Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-20, 18:56   #2754
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermahn View Post
And here is the problem. Men in video games come in all shapes and sizes. Nobody is ever upset when a male character is deemed "ugly". Yet when a women isn't portrayed as slender and sexy there's major outrage about it. "She's ugly!", "She looks like a man!", "it's ma'am!", etc.
Women in video games don't exist to excite you.
I think it's great that a game studio finally decided to give us all different kinds of women. It's not a problem if you think that Abby is ugly, but that doesn't mean she's not a great character.
Who said that? Also that's a blatent lie. There are many women in games who aren't curvy hour glass figures. They look and dress like average women. My point is that they don't look like men to do it and it's so offensive to me for example who have a feminine personality type and now suddenly not having any representation at all given practically every female now is basically in a man suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post
Which has nothing to do with anita sarkeesian because its still just a rumor that she had any influence on the game...unless your twitter buddies have more factual evidence on her involvement.
And maybe it would be a good idea for you to watch the scene before commenting because it is very clear that its not some one sided fleshlight enjoyment scene just for the male character.

Considering you seemingly cant even see directly spelled out sentences...i wouldnt lean out of the window too much.

Dont know what the "sorry" is supposed to do here since you arent sorry at all.
Are you so insecure about your very own opinion that you think its less wrong going "sorry have to say this" or so?
It sounds more like you know how bad your opinion are, yet you still stand behind it.
That for you a woman has to look a certain way to be valid...is not really a shocker.
You being super short sighted, toxic and awful...isnt breaking news.

Again the game tells you why Abby is built like she is...why you open your mouth about a game you havent played, watched or even 10% of it understand...i dont know.
But you arent the first or the last who does that...youre just simply one of those who arent really clever about hiding it.

Abby is a woman, woman dont have to look a specific kind to be valid or desireable or so.
Your reaction to this, shows exactly why we need more TLOU2...to normalize those things.
Normalize that Woman come in all sizes and forms, that intimacy comes in many different ways.
We already know she worked on the game get over it.

Awful opinion? No it's a factual opinion. Women don't look like Abby, not that over the top. They basically made her as a man, but also trying to combine androgenous features and thus you have a Thing like that born. Honestly I don't see how real feminists could stand behind that design, it's offensive to make women look that way.

Tell me the last time you went to the super market and saw a thing like that walking around.

Last edited by tlr online; 29-06-20 at 22:49. Reason: Membership Violation
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-20, 19:04   #2755
Kapu
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
Here’s my thoughts on the ending and the symbolism involved.

Ellie has PTSD due to Joel being killed and she feels that if she sets out to finally kill Abby that she’ll be cured from her crippling loss and pain over Joel.
She’s haunted by the fact he was murdered in front her. She can’t draw his face in her journal. She regularly has nightmares. Can’t sleep. Can’t eat. Can’t finish their song on guitar.

She sets out for California to kill Abby. When she gets there she finds Abby not as the evil behemoth she once was, but as a starved, beaten, and weak woman. Abby is over the drama. Her mind wants to survive. When she’s cut down she doesn’t say anything to Ellie. She goes for Lev. Ellie sees that her relationship with Joel is mirrored in the one with Lev and Abby.

Abby leads Ellie to the boats. Ellie doesn’t have the desire to fight no longer, putting her bag in the boat until the image of Joel dying and that triggers that desire to kill Abby. To avenge Joel and cure her PTSD. To finally do what she set out to do. Abby doesn’t want to fight, not until Ellie threatens Lev’s life that Abby agrees.

After the brutal final battle Ellie as she’s drowning Abby sees not a flash of Joel bloody and dead, but of a happy memory of him playing guitar, on his porch, smiling. She can’t kill Abby. She lets her live. Abby leaves. Killing Abby won’t bring Joel back.

Ellie goes back to the farm to find Dina and JJ gone. Everything was gone except Ellie’s things. She tries to play guitar and while she can’t play 100% due to her missing fingers, we’re shown a memory of Ellie and Joel. She opens up about her feelings towards him, but ultimately she wants to forgive him in time. Seeing that Forgiveness scene is exactly what triggered in her mind while trying to drown Abby. Forgiveness. It’s why she let Abby live and leave.

The entire story from both Abby and Ellie is about an initial great loss and the quest for revenges. Along the way they both lose everything. Ellie loses Joel, Jessie, Tommy lost an eye and his ability to walk and fight, she lost Dina and JJ, she lost her fingers.

Abby lost her father, and on her quest for revenge lost her friends, her WLF comrades, her home, her life.. everything but Lev. I believe this entire story is about seeing every character from every side to humanize them and make you see what you’re doing it harming a life and harming everyone and everything that person has known. It’s a cycle of hate and violence that will never let anyone be a winner in the end. The world of TLOU is cruel and heartless.

No one in this game is a good guy. I’m reminded of Tess from TLOU where she says “We’re sh*tty people, Joel.” It’s true. Everyone is in this world. There’s no good or bad, right or wrong. When you see it from the other side you’re shown the pain and heartache it causes.

Ellie finishes playing guitar and she leaves it at the house. The camera zooms up to the moth in the guitar and Ellie walking into the distance. The ending crushed me. Thinking about it though, I think it’s more of a happy ending than anything else. I’m confident Ellie is going back to Jackson to find Dina. The ending is all about forgiveness and growth. Ellie learned to forgive before it was too late. She learned what she was meant to do with Joel before he was murdered. Forgive.
The loading screen has moths around a small light in the darkness. The moth on the guitar is meant to symbolize Ellie and she’s now looking for the light.. Dina and JJ.

There’s a post somewhere in the game that says something like “It takes one candle to expel the darkness.” Ellie is going to Jackson to get her candle light back. I think the ending did give Ellie that character arc we thought we’d see, but not in the way we expected. She’s able to start drawing Joel’s face again. She’s overcoming her loss and her sorrow. She’s learning to cope. I think she’s heading back to Dina with the hopes that she’ll forgive Ellie for what has happened, and knowing Dina.. I think she will.
I share your same viewpoint on everything but the conclusion! To me...

...the ending was more sad than anything. There may be hope for the future. Hope that Ellie can finally move on. But the cost of moving on was losing *everything else* in the process. Namely Dina and JJ, but all of her friends who died, as well. And for what? Joel is dead. Her chance at a somewhat normal life with Dina? Dead. The icing on the cake? She can't even play the freaking guitar anymore. Something so simple in comparison, gone. I am a sucker for tragedy, so I love a good sad ending!

Ultimately, Ellie did forgive Abby (at least enough to let her live) and broke the cycle of violence that Joel started when he killed Abby's father for selfish reasons. So I guess what I really took away from the story was, "did the end justify the means?" To me, the countless trail of dead bodies answers that question itself.

Between the two, I think Abby has a more tangible chance at a happy future than Ellie does. There's still a chance she can regroup with the Fireflies, after all. Ellie could certainly return to Jackson, but the fact that Dina said "I'm not gonna do this again" and was true to her word doesn't make me hopeful that the two will reconcile anytime soon. I would like to say things will only get better for her, but it's hard to say if she will truly move on with her life. PTSD isn't a switch that can be turned off, after all. Will she forget about Abby and Joel? Or will the events still haunt her? Again, sucker for tragedy over here so I see the darkness more clearly than the light.

Lastly, I just wanted to say THANK YOU for pointing out that no one in this game (or the first part) is a "good guy." Everyone is gray. The folks who won't play game or who are trashing it because "Naughty Dog killed a beloved character" are really not getting it. Joel is a ****ty person. They all are. That doesn't mean you can't empathize with them, obviously, since that's the whole point of showing both Abby and Ellie's journeys in this game. But putting them on a pedestal is kinda ignorant.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermahn View Post
And here is the problem. Men in video games come in all shapes and sizes. Nobody is ever upset when a male character is deemed "ugly". Yet when a women isn't portrayed as slender and sexy there's major outrage about it. "She's ugly!", "She looks like a man!", "it's ma'am!", etc.
Just stopping by to throw some fuel on the flames - while there is a lot of diversity in male video game characters, main characters are almost always conventionally handsome and strong. They're either beefy or have a V-shaped physique. Side characters? Skinny, fat, average looking. I don't want to steer the conversation in a "but MEN!" direction, just wanted to make an observation. Personally I'm grateful to see more female characters who aren't solely hour-glass figured and busty. I'd like to one day play as a main character who looks like me - thin frame, not bulky.

Last edited by Kapu; 29-06-20 at 19:28.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-20, 19:06   #2756
SnatchingEdges
Professor

Waitwaitwaitwaitwait, hold on for a second. What's that "I'm offended cuz she's masculine" line supposed to mean???? I'm taking a screenshot

Please, can you stop bringing rumors and stupid points to attack a game you haven't played???
Old 29-06-20, 19:10   #2757
trfansince96
Student

Quote:
Who said that? Also that's a blatent lie. There are many women in games who aren't curvy hour glass figures. They look and dress like average women. My point is that they don't look like men to do it and it's so offensive to me for example who have a feminine personality type and now suddenly not having any representation at all given practically every female now is basically in a man suit.

I'm speaking just fine Nazi.

Awful opinion? No it's a factual opinion. Women don't look like Abby, not that over the top. They basically made her as a man, but also trying to combine androgenous features and thus you have a Thing like that born. Honestly I don't see how real feminists could stand behind that design, it's offensive to make women look that way.

Tell me the last time you went to the super market and saw a thing like that walking around.
You're absolutely disgusting and the reason people have issues living in this world. Women like Abby have existed forever. You should be banned from this thread. I've seen many muscular women and for you to call her a thing for being muscle is pathetic. You've made no points in this thread. You're just showing how closeted your mind is. You're a horrible person.
trfansince96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-20, 19:12   #2758
Mani_Man
Professor

Quote:
Oh are they?

Clementine, Elena, Chloe, Evie, Anya, Emily, jill, Claire, Jesse, Aloy, Amara, Carmine, Farah, Fragile and so on...all characters in man suits?

Quote:
And you have factual proof of that?
I mean more than Twitter incel123 whining about it right?
Then it shouldnt be easy to show the class the proof of this fact.

Quote:

I'm speaking just fine Nazi.
So desperate in grasping straws?
Way to make a mature statement there.

Quote:

You mean a physical fit woman?
Considering my sister in laws cousin is a female bodybuilder, its not that long ago since i saw a beautiful and strong woman.
And since im also a wrestling fan, seeing fit woman isnt like seeing a unicorn to me.
But i can see how someone with a fragile ego can feel less than a man when faced with woman who actually are stronger minded and have a stronger body than them.
Mani_Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-20, 19:14   #2759
rewak
Professor

Quote:
Awful opinion? No it's a factual opinion. Women don't look like Abby, not that over the top.
Tell that to Colleen Fotsch, Abby's body model - https://www.instagram.com/colleenfotsch/?hl=en
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-20, 19:15   #2760
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfansince96 View Post
You're absolutely disgusting and the reason people have issues living in this world. Women like Abby have existed forever. You should be banned from this thread. I've seen many muscular women and for you to call her a thing for being muscle is pathetic. You've made no points in this thread. You're just showing how closeted your mind is. You're a horrible person.
No actually I'm not, body builders don't take on that kind of forum like her. The muscles are disproportionatly all around her body. She doesn't retain a human figure, especially in that outfit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
Tell that to Colleen Fotsch, Abby's body model - https://www.instagram.com/colleenfotsch/?hl=en
Nothing wrong with her, she looks fine, Abby in game doesn't look right at all.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 29-06-20 at 19:16.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote