www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 06-07-21, 09:10   #3741
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
I love your analysis of the game, and I completely agree with you.
One detail that you didn't notice (as it seems), is that the final menu screen is actually the firefly building and Abby's boat on the coast, implying that she did find the fireflies!
Yes I've seen it!
I'm happy Abby and Lev reached their goal because after her redemption arc Abby deserved it!

Now that she's over her revenge, I hope Ellie can catch up with Dina and JJ again!
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-21, 23:17   #3742
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
I swear, there were women named Milla, men named Milla, and even dogs named Milla...

He's Milla, she's Milla, you're Milla, I'm Milla! Are there any other Millas I should know about?!"

*Catinbackgroundmeows*

I never noticed.

Coming from the UK, Milla is an unusual name, I wonder if they're trying to pay homage to Milla Jovovich because of the resident evil homage at the hospital?

Or maybe it's just a common name in the States?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
My wish for part 3: a great story about redemption, Ellie's redemption, we've seen her getting over revenge here in part 2, now she could seek redemption
Or her story could end here, and in part 3 we'll meet new characters, I would still be happy.
I'm glad you enjoyed it! Even though I have niggles with it, I still enjoyed my playthrough of it. I loved that it wasn't a safe story that they opted for. They didn't do the unrisky sequel and it was a lot more interesting for that.

I'm not sure what I want from part 3, only that I don't want something that is ends perfectly, a resolution tied up with a bow.

Personally I don't feel that Ellie needs redemption. I know she's done bad things but I'm not personally invested in seeing that playout. By letting Lev and Abby go, that was enough redemption for me.

I did read somewhere that they have already mapped out part 3. But I have a feeling that we won't see it for at least another 6 years or so. I think they're doing another IP first.
Old 17-07-21, 12:08   #3743
ANoDE
Golden

I have finally completed the story of TLOUII on my own (I had watched a playthrough before).

Anyway SPOILERS below!!

I don't think I can add much to what has been already said by all the other who completed the game.

My 'faction' (if you will) is the one who LOVED the game, but thought the pacing was a bit off. I totally understand why ND added all that Abby content, but I personally felt it dragged out for too long.

The writing is top notch, though. I absolutely loved how intensely the character's progression was portrayed, and how unfiltered ND showed what hate can do to people.

To be honest, when Ellie decides to attack Abby on the beach was a bit too much for me, though. I don't want to believe, anyone can be filled with so much rage and hate. At this point I let Abby win the fight a few times, just because I thought it would be the right thing to do. Ellie's insight and change of heart comes way too late for me, and I think it deserves her well to have lost her connection to Joel (her fingers) as punishment for her blind rage.

I wonder, if Dina can forgive her, in the end. She probably might.

What I especially love about the ending is, that Abby finally finds the Fireflies in the end. She and Lev deserved it, and I hope they'll finally find the peace they were looking for. It was so sad to read her letter to Owen on the boat as Ellie, knowing to have taken him away from her in an act of totally unnecessary brutality.

All in all, I really liked it. I'm probably doing a NG+ sometime soon, but for now I'll settle for finding my missed artifacts and Trophies.

EDIT: Just realized I need to do a NG+ to be able to unlock all trophies. Well, maybe later then

Last edited by ANoDE; 17-07-21 at 12:52.
ANoDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-21, 13:01   #3744
lance6439
Legend

At this point Im expecting a DLC attached to this multiplayer because it has been TOO LONG
Old 27-07-21, 13:41   #3745
killchan
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
To be honest, when Ellie decides to attack Abby on the beach was a bit too much for me, though. I don't want to believe, anyone can be filled with so much rage and hate.
The answer you're looking for is in the following question: why did Ellie almost let her got at first?
Old 27-07-21, 15:14   #3746
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post

The writing is top notch, though. I absolutely loved how intensely the character's progression was portrayed, and how unfiltered ND showed what hate can do to people.

To be honest, when Ellie decides to attack Abby on the beach was a bit too much for me, though. I don't want to believe, anyone can be filled with so much rage and hate.

I can't agree about the writing being top notch I'm afraid. All to often things seemed to happen for the sheer purpose of extending the gameplay, I know it's a game so we want gameplay but when the story feels like it has that incentive I don't think it's good story telling, as far too often characters had chances to interact and say things but didn't. The entire game is an exercise of people talking but not really saying anything or not talking when they could and should. I know the idea of the game was to set a bleak tone but when it's bleak for the sake of being bleak I cannot buy into it.

I agree with you about the beach though - The story by that point had become way too much of a bore and I actually didn't want to fight Abby again. I was over it by that poing and I felt Ellie had made her peace with everything on leaving Seattle. The entire thing just felt like a way to get yet more gameplay into a game that didn't need it. By that point, I'd actually grown to like Abby a lot more than Ellie and I wanted the chance for them to hash it out verbally to progress the overall world narrative but it never really happened and I found that infuriating.

The game should have ended with Ellie on the tractor and Lev/Abby hearing back from the fireflies. That would have set up a sequel nicely without further over tiring the story.

The irony of the entire situation is; had Ellie not gone after Abby in the first place she would have died.

Last edited by jajay119; 27-07-21 at 15:21.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-21, 15:19   #3747
xdesperado_
Explorer

I don't think I ever played the original TLOU's multiplayer before. I spent more time on Uncharted 2-4's multiplayer, they were all so much fun.
xdesperado_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-21, 16:39   #3748
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdesperado_ View Post
I don't think I ever played the original TLOU's multiplayer before. I spent more time on Uncharted 2-4's multiplayer, they were all so much fun.
It was a lot of fun! Kinda clunky here and there but if you had friends to play with that knew what to do you could really rock the game!
I loved the brutality of it all. It was tense. It was relentless if played right.

Im hoping we have more customization options than the first and more weapons to choose from this time around.
Old 27-07-21, 18:36   #3749
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdesperado_ View Post
TLOU multiplayer is the only multiplayer that I've liked when I first heard that TLOU would have multiplayer I was like yet another single player game with unnecessary multiplayer then I played it and surprisingly liked it.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-21, 23:01   #3750
xdesperado_
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
It was a lot of fun! Kinda clunky here and there but if you had friends to play with that knew what to do you could really rock the game!
I loved the brutality of it all. It was tense. It was relentless if played right.

Im hoping we have more customization options than the first and more weapons to choose from this time around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
TLOU multiplayer is the only multiplayer that I've liked when I first heard that TLOU would have multiplayer I was like yet another single player game with unnecessary multiplayer then I played it and surprisingly liked it.
I didn't consider the combat to be that great, hence why I didn't give the multiplayer a chance then. But now I think it's something I'd like to try out at some point.
xdesperado_ is offline   Reply With Quote