Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 10-02-20, 22:36   #15771
GeekOfComedy

Ok, that's legit. That is genuinely legit development. I pay for a version of this in my own country as I work in film.

Well done, TR2 continues to come together.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 22:42   #15772
Portugalraider

I said proper news would perhaps start coming on February.

Hopefully we will get confirmation of location and possible castings soon.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 22:46   #15773
GeekOfComedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
I said proper news would perhaps start coming on February.

Hopefully we will get confirmation of location and possible castings soon.
Umm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
Hollywood shuts down for X-Mas and doesn't really start back up until Feb so it makes sense that Vikander said they'll probably shoot in the Spring/Summer in the interview posted weeks ago
Also: to get on this list you need heaps of information which means that listing has an expected start date for filming as well as finish date. Who's gonna pony up the $700 for an issue (NO ONE DO THAT, the film will come)

It certainly means the film is out of development and now in Pre-Prod

Quote:
Please make copies of the attached forms and keep one as a “master copy” for updates, changes, and future film projects. Please fill out the form as completely and accurately as possible (typed is preferred). In order to be listed in the Film Production Charts, the following information must be included:

Start date of Principal Photography • Wrap date of principal photography

We cannot guarantee that every film listing submitted will be listed, and we do not list films in development or documentaries.

Films that have inaccurate information listed, or show no movement or updates within 90 days will be removed from the charts.

Last edited by GeekOfComedy; 10-02-20 at 22:50.
Old 10-02-20, 23:23   #15774
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
Umm....
It was after your post, true but also Umm...

Quote:
Are things moving that slow though, at least not having in mind the release date? In the space of 9 months we got confirmation Alicia would return, a screenwriter, a director, a release date and a starting window for principal fotography. If we count the info that remained unaltered at IMDB, we also got confirmation Kristin Scott Thomas is returning as Ana, and confimation of a cinematographer and a composer.

I think the big "problem" here is the release date being so soon, yet filming having not started yet. Compared to the 2018 movie, by now we already knew that shooting would start January 2017 in South Africa and the UK, and we were starting to know more about casting besides Alicia as Lara and Walter Goggins as the main villain. But again, we only learned about this stuff only a few weeks before production actually started.

Considering the sequel is set to shoot the earliest at late March, I do not think it is that odd we still don't any other big confirmations. I think we will start to have those starting February. Maybe late January if we're lucky. It goes in line with how we were getting news from the 2018 movie considering its production starting date.
Old 11-02-20, 04:50   #15775
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
I hope they don't film in SA.

One of the worst things about TR2018 was the location. No one thought that island was in Japan. The distant shots were CGI and they put some fake plants to try to camouflage it but ... it was horrible.

One of the best things Angelina's TR movies had were the locations. You could feel everything more real. I hope they don't make the same mistake.

On the other hand ... Production Weekly (VERY reliable source) mentions TR in movies that have started production this week!

https://www.productionweekly.com

Imminent news
The Island wasn't supposed to be in Japan it's in the coast of Japan that's very different.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-20, 12:21   #15776
ccroft2003

Did you see what also started "production" this week? UNCHARTED...
ccroft2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-20, 12:36   #15777
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccroft2003 View Post
Which doesn't even have a director yet. Ruben Fleischer still wasn't confirmed.

At this point I am more willing to believe by the time the Uncharted movie gets made, Tom Holland would actually be old enough to play regular Nathan Drake...
Old 11-02-20, 12:59   #15778
Rai

Quote:
Makes sense if the release date is still March '21.

Anyway, I'm pleased that TR is now in pre production. Hopefully more news will trickle in.

Last edited by Rai; 11-02-20 at 13:00.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-20, 13:56   #15779
ccroft2003

Quote:
Which doesn't even have a director yet. Ruben Fleischer still wasn't confirmed.

At this point I am more willing to believe by the time the Uncharted movie gets made, Tom Holland would actually be old enough to play regular Nathan Drake...
Going into pre-production without a director is never really a good sign. It means the studio are now pushing things through to get it done. Most directors that come on board will want to add their own ideas to a project... i already feel sorry for whoever takes on this movie... they'll most certainly be a "yes" man.

As for TR2, i'm super excited and am looking forward to filming locations being revealed and shooting schedules. I'll definitely be making the 30-minute drive to Wilton House when I know they're shooting there!!!!!
ccroft2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-20, 23:50   #15780
GeekOfComedy

Quote:
Going into pre-production without a director is never really a good sign. It means the studio are now pushing things through to get it done. Most directors that come on board will want to add their own ideas to a project... i already feel sorry for whoever takes on this movie... they'll most certainly be a "yes" man.

As for TR2, i'm super excited and am looking forward to filming locations being revealed and shooting schedules. I'll definitely be making the 30-minute drive to Wilton House when I know they're shooting there!!!!!
Every movie under the sun goes into pre-production before getting a director. A director is never step 1 of any film...