Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 16-04-19, 11:41   #311
foodfather

Regardless of the story they chose / creative direction, I'll be there opening night. I don't care about who the villain is or what game they chose to follow. In fact, its best they don't follow Rise/Shadow at all. Adding some more supernatural elements wouldn't hurt either.

All I want is for them to hire a good trailer house. This movie deserves to make more money then the first.
foodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-19, 17:51   #312
Trenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodfather View Post
Adding some more supernatural elements wouldn't hurt either.
Supernatural elements in TR is mandatory. The next film must introduce it on some level. That's the only way I can forgive the first one for not having any.
Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-19, 18:06   #313
ActuallyArlow

As much as I don't really like Alicia as Lara, I wouldn't mind the film stear away from the reboot games and create there own universe. It would give them an excuse to continue off from that amazing 'i'll take 2' ending.
ActuallyArlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-19, 19:46   #314
FanosCroft

I hope they stick with the reboot universe and adapt Rise location-wise, I really want to see Alicia cilmbing on ice with dual axes it will be so basass and the avalanche set piece in its full glory
FanosCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-19, 20:23   #315
James_Rutland

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanosCroft View Post
I hope they stick with the reboot universe and adapt Rise location-wise, I really want to see Alicia cilmbing on ice with dual axes it will be so basass and the avalanche set piece in its full glory
Not sure they'll do the avalanche scene as it's a bit OTT, but I sure would love to see some inspiration from Rise for the film. I want Alicia's Lara in a snowy setting, climbing mountains and fighting a wild bear. Gimme pls
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-19, 20:24   #316
TrustyBow

I just hope the snowy environment isn't the only location. Rise played it smart by adding in Syria. Hopefully the film will do the same.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-19, 17:03   #317
AimlessThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
Not sure they'll do the avalanche scene as it's a bit OTT, but I sure would love to see some inspiration from Rise for the film. I want Alicia's Lara in a snowy setting, climbing mountains and fighting a wild bear. Gimme pls
Over the top is what they need to attract an audience!
AimlessThunder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-19, 13:47   #318
ccroft2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
I do agree that a scene like this would be amazing but PLEASE don't set the entire movie in the same snowy location... give us jungles and even desert too! To make the film successful it's got to be a little over-the-top and visually appealing in it's locations. Snow will get boring for a young audience FAST!
ccroft2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-19, 14:22   #319
Portugalraider

Honestly, jungle would be just a rehash from the first movie, and desert is so done in my opinion that is becoming boring.

Not many adventure movies set on snowy locales, and you can have big, gorgeous and different vistas in them as well.

But regardless of preferences or whatever, every sort of environment can be dull or exciting depending on the movie presents said locations.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-19, 14:56   #320
NoahCrofRaider

I don’t mind them going all snowy, especially considering how the first one was filmed in Africa (where it’s hot), but I want them to take advantage of tombs, ruined temples, and such to show some more eye catching color.

It may be a movie where less colorful worlds are acceptable, but this is also TR and I don’t want them to repeat that same mistake from TR2013 and Rise.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote