Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 10-01-18, 10:47   #321
dcw123

Awesome guys, thanks..

Now, I'm on the first step - copying the level files from the PC CD
Can I copy Unfinished Business into the same folder or should I make a separate one?

EDIT: Got it working and yeah it looks just like the PSX version which is what I wanted.
I've been so used to the PSX version lately that its so cool just to hear high quality SFX (such as Lara talking in the Home level)

I have played the TR games on PC before - but I always liked the brighter, more pixelated graphics, strangely enough.. plus the added extras the PSX versions had like the save crystals and TR3 reverb etc
(I'm going to be sad, and remember only save where the crystals would have been - so I still have that added challenge)

Also nice to have Lara play at her intended speed too (like TR2 onwards) I'm a PAL player, so playing the original on the PS3 was a nightmare - she was like half the speed she should be. It made for some very boring moments.. literally made me sleepy waiting for Lara to do anything haha

I also managed to edit the contrast, gamma etc on my laptop settings and save them as a 'Profile' so I can switch between settings..
This makes the washed out PC colours look more like the PSX old style display.. cool!
Obviously I cannot show these settings as it is only applied to my monitor - but here I Photoshopped what it looked like so you can all see..
Does it look any better? Sometimes it can be a little bright in areas, but apart from that its perfect for me.
Egypt and the Cistern levels are gonna look so awesome now

I can also use JoyToKey in order to use my PS4 controller with this game too... gonna test hooking my laptop up to my HDTV next - having the PC sound through surround speakers is gonna be EPIC!

Last edited by dcw123; 10-01-18 at 13:32.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-18, 18:29   #322
Mek

Is it possible to play in the windowed mode using GLRage or, if not, are there plans to support it in the future?
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-18, 20:15   #323
msulak

Did you try alt+enter ?
msulak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-18, 20:18   #324
Salem150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
Is it possible to play in the windowed mode using GLRage or, if not, are there plans to support it in the future?
Yes, its always has been supported. just hit Enter + Alt on the keyboard to change to windowedor full screen (just like most games and TR2-5 exept 3)
Salem150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-18, 12:01   #325
dcw123

^ This little tip is so useful.. I forgot to start the JoyToKey program once and instead of having to exit the game, I could just put it into Window Mode.

This feels like the definitive version of TR1 ever.. especially now that I've managed to achieve the PSX colours on the PC version.

I'm still saving only at the 'tiles' where the Save Crystals were originally on the PSX, so if I die, I can't just instantly reload a save from a second before.
Old 11-01-18, 14:13   #326
ANoDE
Golden

I'm not sure but I think someone even modded the save crystals into the level files. They don't do anything but show you where it's 'allowed' to save. Maybe I'm mistaken though.
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-18, 21:20   #327
Mek

msulak, Salem150, thanks, it worked and I can play in the windowed mode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123
This feels like the definitive version of TR1 ever..
Yes, I have a similar impression
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-18, 17:23   #328
dcw123

Right, now to play Unfinished Business in the style of the amazing PS1 port by Gh0stblade..
Again I screen-grabbed a walkthrough on YT and made a summary of where the are located to make the game harder..

Kind of a shame TR2 lets you save anywhere - I prefer the TR1 style save system.. though I know a lot hate it and are glad it went away
Plus they look pretty - especially with the TR3 glowing lights
Old 12-04-18, 18:05   #329
elvisish

Is it possible to set the games rendering resolution to, say, 512x384, and upscale it to 1920x1080? I want the game to be low-res, but still have the pixels crisp. AT preset, running the game fullscreen with a lower than HD resolution just changes how wobbly the textures are, it's still rendering the game at 1920x1080. If it's not possible to do this at present, could borderless windowed mode be an option?
elvisish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-18, 20:00   #330
Salem150

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisish View Post
Is it possible to set the games rendering resolution to, say, 512x384, and upscale it to 1920x1080? I want the game to be low-res, but still have the pixels crisp. AT preset, running the game fullscreen with a lower than HD resolution just changes how wobbly the textures are, it's still rendering the game at 1920x1080. If it's not possible to do this at present, could borderless windowed mode be an option?
I have been trying with 4K its the same issue with 4k, it never render the game in any other resolution of 1920x1080 which is awful :/
Salem150 is offline   Reply With Quote