Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 20-01-22, 07:31   #61
CroftManiac05

Why do I feel that Square Enix is going to follow up next? What are your bets? Microsoft or Sony?
CroftManiac05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-22, 08:00   #62
jackali
Golden

^ They're far more likely to accept from Sony than MS.
jackali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-22, 08:35   #63
RAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroftManiac05 View Post
Why do I feel that Square Enix is going to follow up next? What are your bets? Microsoft or Sony?
I hope neither.

Gamers suffer from these deals, be they done with Sony, MS, Nintendo, or whoever. It limits the audience which technically affects the IPs as well.

I think it is about time that the console purchased should not make a difference and the machines can play any game. Just like how any smart TV can support Netflix, or like how Mobiles games can be played on any Android device, be it Samsung, Google, etc... Any game should be played on any machine, giving it has the right specs. Console competition should just based on features of said machine, not on exclusives and monopoly.

Last edited by RAID; 20-01-22 at 08:38.
RAID is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-22, 10:34   #64
Mani_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAID View Post
I hope neither.

Gamers suffer from these deals, be they done with Sony, MS, Nintendo, or whoever. It limits the audience which technically affects the IPs as well.

I think it is about time that the console purchased should not make a difference and the machines can play any game. Just like how any smart TV can support Netflix, or like how Mobiles games can be played on any Android device, be it Samsung, Google, etc... Any game should be played on any machine, giving it has the right specs. Console competition should just based on features of said machine, not on exclusives and monopoly.
I know we are in times where Subscriptions are the beef of the sales, thats why we have netflix, disney +, xbox gamepass etc.
But honestly, i dont understand it.

Lets say in this most recent case, lets go with Diablo 4.
Make it MS Exclusive, you lose millions of players because i doubt 4-5 million or what players will suddenly buy a xbox or a PC for it.

I dont understand the exclusivity thing to be honest, because you risk a sure number of buyers you could easily have.

But then i think its a risk to take when you lose...lets go with a small number, 500 Playstation players who were fans of COD etc and is a playerbase lost.
Gaining 100 players who do join, buy a expensive Xbox etc...is not the worst trade...especially if those players stick with MS, buy the gamepass etc.

Still, i always feel like its just better to open as much doors as possible for your product and make it accessable for as many people as possible without restricting it too much.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-22, 16:56   #65
charmedangelin

Sony has lost $20 Billion dollars due to Microsoft deal in a single day.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ctivision-deal

It's already hammering Sony big time. There is no way any government in the world should approve of this deal given how badly it's harming the competition.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-22, 17:35   #66
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Sony has lost $20 Billion dollars due to Microsoft deal in a single day.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ctivision-deal

It's already hammering Sony big time. There is no way any government in the world should approve of this deal given how badly it's harming the competition.
It was a bad day in the market for lots of companies. The loss isn’t entirely because MS.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-22, 20:14   #67
biscuits

Future Crash and Spyro games on playstation is a pipe dream lol. You dont spend 70 billion just to retain the status quo.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-22, 21:42   #68
Vaskito

According to Phil Spencer:

Quote:
Had good calls this week with leaders at Sony. I confirmed our intent to honor all existing agreements upon acquisition of Activision Blizzard and our desire to keep Call of Duty on PlayStation. Sony is an important part of our industry, and we value our relationship.
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-22, 22:11   #69
Quebsenuef

I do like the idea of Xbox buying Activision/Blizzard to save it from some other party entering the gaming sphere. We have the Trio now of Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo. I’ll lump PC into Microsoft as well.

Could you imagine if Amazon wanted to buy Activision/Blizzard and making COD exclusive to some sort of Amazon device? Or subscription? They’re already too big to handle.

As a gamer the whole thing still rubs me the wrong way but with the way Activision was running things into the ground I’m glad it went down the way it did. I’d hate to see Google, Amazon, or whoever taking over Activision and changing that up. Best of luck to everyone from here on out. Let’s hope it doesn’t turn evil haha
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-22, 23:28   #70
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
Key word is existing agreements. I doubt this will be the case for future titles. COD maybe the exception, but every other title including crash will not be published on Sony's platform. And if I were Sony I would not agree to any contract they put on the table. I would challenge the acquisition first. Sony's investors are very worried given how much Sony's stock went down. Yes the markets aren't great in general, but multiple sources are faulting Microsoft for Sonys particular fumble. The markets reaction to Microsoft s announcement can be a big indicator on of how much the video game industry will be impacted and how dramatic the landscape will change due to the acquisition.

I really do not want this to happen at all. Yeah Phil may try to make agreements, but that doesn't mean it will be that way forever. They aren't putting out $70 billion for nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
It was a bad day in the market for lots of companies. The loss isn’t entirely because MS.
But now we know that Phil had to make a call to Sonys investors because they were completely freaking out over this. This is the biggest evidence that this deal should not be approved by the department of Justice. Phil wouldn't need to make such a call if it won't dramatically change the landscape of gaming. Sony has a lot of merits to go after Microsoft if it chooses to do so and put pressure on the DOJ to reject the acquisition.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 20-01-22 at 23:44.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote