Quote:
Breaking: The Tories lose over 1,000 seats in local council elections
Still don't know how things there work. But this sounds super bad
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-23, 21:05   #12
xtimz

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox45 View Post
They aren't, they're closer to dems only richer. But yes they did deserve it.
I can think of that. Mad Tony (a member of TRF) was a member of consevative party of UK. He likes the Democratic party of US more.
xtimz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-23, 13:28   #13
perryloo

Only to be expected that the Conservatives lost so many seats.

The country is in a mess, they have not achieved Brexit ideals, too much illegal immigration from boats across the channel. we are in a 'cost of living' crisis, with car fuel, home electric and gas, and food prices through the roof

Excuse is russian-ukraine war but it really down to greed with everything going up in price and nothing much done about it. Inflation runs at 15% but food is much higher than that. basics like milk, butter and bread is extortionate. No wonder people are angry at the way things are going.

Mind you at the end of the day Labour will just be as bad or worse than the Conservatives. So not worth voting for any of them.
perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-23, 09:10   #14
Woops

so if you don't vote, what do you expect to happen? what's the long term solution?
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-23, 15:36   #15
redfox45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woops View Post
so if you don't vote, what do you expect to happen? what's the long term solution?
There is none, country is doomed to cycle between the worthless self serving tories and useless hypocritical labour forever and the only thing to look forward to is the directionless, moronic wrath of the mob when they eventually get sick of it.
redfox45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-23, 20:05   #16
HarleyCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox45 View Post
There is none, country is doomed to cycle between the worthless self-serving and useless hypocrites forever and the only thing to look forward to is the directionless, moronic wrath of the mob when they eventually get sick of it.
I changed your post ever so slightly (hope you don't mind) now it's a general description of politics.
A two-party system is the definition of divisive and as long as we're fighting amongst ourselves we won't look upwards
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-23, 19:19   #17
xtimz

Well, UK is a rich country, and people there live in a very good life. From my point of view, you worry too much, worry this, worry that, even worry about a war on the other side of the planet. The reason of such worries is a total myth to me, just like HarleyCroft's signature.
xtimz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-23, 02:20   #18
HarleyCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtimz View Post
Well, UK is a rich country, and people there live in a very good life. From my point of view, you worry too much, worry this, worry that, even worry about a war on the other side of the planet.
That is fair to say and admittedly I do live in a country more luxurious than many others. Just in general if the 2 options presented are terrible it's an illusion of choice? I always vote for one of the fringier parties I agree most with and don't know if they will ever be elected, based on how many people consider it a waste of a vote if it isn't for the lesser of the two big evils.

It's not even orchestrated by some grand master plan, its just the way things have fallen and taken root over generations of people clamoring over eachother it looks like there needs to be a complete system overhaul instead of amendments (imo)

Quote:
total myth to me, just like HarleyCroft's signature.
Bart was willing to fight for Cletus' daughter's love, "even if you torture me like you do the English language" he said

To which Cletus -the slack-jawed yokel- replied https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/3dc6417...f-ee82e7caac3f
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-23, 15:16   #19
redfox45

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
I changed your post ever so slightly (hope you don't mind) now it's a general description of politics.
A two-party system is the definition of divisive and as long as we're fighting amongst ourselves we won't look upwards
You're definitely not wrong there
redfox45 is online now   Reply With Quote