Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 15-01-22, 22:15   #11
disapearing-boy

This texture reuses some components from the one on the right, and it has clearly been edit a lot. It's highly unlikely the source will be found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
I can't pinpoint the exact mural used for this textures, but the little guy at the very top, depicted 3 times, dancing with his flute, is an image of Krishna dancing with his flute:
Hmm.. I didn't know that. To me it looked like he had a drum in front of him - despite already playing the flute. Or he has a pot belly.

It's a needle in a haystack - and since very few of the textures actually come from India, the haystack gets even bigger. Knowing it's Krishna certainly helps a lot though!
disapearing-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-22, 18:03   #12
nickp364

Wow great job in tracking these down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
Infact, I think Gio Lucca, whom Mizuno mentions, could learn a thing or two from you because personally he took too many liberties with his textures and changed the entire color palette for the India levels. His stuff is still pretty, but yours is a whole new level of accuracy and perfection.
Giovanni has been doing a great job working for free for years to improve a very old game. This seems like an unnecessary comment to add.
nickp364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-22, 14:15   #13
.snake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickp364 View Post
Giovanni has been doing a great job working for free for years to improve a very old game. This seems like an unnecessary comment to add.
Why?

I’ve acknowledged that Giovanni’s textures are beautiful. But Mizuno suggested that Craig reach out to him for help, when I personally think it could be the other way round, since Craig's textures are a real 'remaster', not 're-imagining'. Giovanni’s work is amazing, but he has taken a lot of creative liberties changing many textures and colors. This isn’t a bad thing, it’s just entirely different from what this thread is about. Craig is clearly trying to do a 1-to-1 re-creation of the textures and is also keeping the color scheme intact. While I personally prefer one over the other, I’m not saying one is better than the other – they’re just two different approaches.
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote