Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 19-11-21, 12:00   #19091
PinkyPromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
You know a draft isn't neither a script or a screenplay ?

Well it could be maybe she has been giving some studio's notes, then Alicia's remarks etc
I know the difference between script and draft.

The longest process is creating the draft. Creating a script from that draft is a faster process. She delivered a draft in May and it is November. As I have commented, she has implied that the script is OK and that she is right now writing Black Canary. Misha is a woman who writes very fast.

As Tonyrobinson says, I also think that this is an internal financing thing. Which worries me.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 19-11-21 at 12:02.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-21, 22:39   #19092
Tonyrobinson

I don't think there is anything to be worried about things are just taking their time because of covid. Even big Marvel projects have been hit by delays so its no surprise that things are going slower for botha smaller franchise and studio.

Right now MGM are making films that are affordable to them and are moderate successes in their respective release formats.

There are so many factors in mounting films right now all over the world.

I consider the first film to have been stuck in development Hell because it took seven years from that initially announcement to get made and that came with a whole lot of set backs.

The above will probably apply to this film too, we went through it with the first and still got a good film after the long wait. I honestly don't see any movement happening until mid-late 2022 and hopefully with a 2023 release.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-21, 23:29   #19093
Rai

Well the first film was a different situation. Didn't they want to go ahead back in 2011? And have more than two directors? And a time limit or else they'd loose the film rights altogether? There isn't any of that now. Once they decided on making the film a reimagining of TR2013 (of sorts) and had a director in place things went pretty quickly. We didn't even think there would be a sequel and then boom, Ben was involved and we had a release date. The situations just aren't the same. The pandemic has slowed things down, but I doubt there will be a seven year wait. The reason we're worried is that it has been almost a year since Misha was announced as the new director and six months since the first draft. The only glint of hope was Misha saying she was hopeful there would be news soon. Hopeful. Not certain. Everything seems so mysterious, even with tiny bits of communication. I don't mind waiting until 2022 before filming starts or a 2023 release window (it seems likely) - I just wish there was some solid confirmation the film is going ahead at this point.

Last edited by Rai; 19-11-21 at 23:33.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-21, 23:38   #19094
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Well the first film was a different situation. Didn't they want to go ahead back in 2011? And have more than two directors? And a time limit or else they'd loose the film rights altogether? There isn't any of that now. Once they decided on making the film a reimagining of TR2013 (of sorts) and had a director in place things went pretty quickly. We didn't even think there would be a sequel and then boom, Ben was involved and we had a release date. The situations just aren't the same. The pandemic has slowed things down, but I doubt there will be a seven year wait. The reason we're worried is that it has been almost a year since Misha was announced as the new director and six months since the first draft. The only glint of hope was Misha saying she was hopeful there would be news soon. Hopeful. Not certain. Everything seems so mysterious, even with tiny bits of communication. I don't mind waiting until 2022 before filming starts or a 2023 release window (it seems likely) - I just wish there was some solid confirmation the film is going ahead at this point.
Well at least we have something from MGM but I wish we have some news about when the actual production begins.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-21, 17:51   #19095
jeffrey van oort

Maybe wait out the huge comet that'll pass by the Earth first during December 2021. I've had hoped the Earthlings would bomb the comet with magnetic particles that would attach to the comet, after which the Earthlings could send out a concentrated magnetic beam to alter the course of the comet. Seems simple? Lets wait for Hollywood to make a film about that.
jeffrey van oort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-21, 00:30   #19096
Tonyrobinson

We shouldn't believe everything we read but there is some speculation here that Misha may be difficult to work with.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...ew-1235048630/
Old 21-11-21, 00:47   #19097
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
We shouldn't believe everything we read but there is some speculation here that Misha may be difficult to work with.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...ew-1235048630/
Well I assume the channels are also difficult to work with too.

When you're writting your text with

" I had several sources within HBO and elsewhere — people who worked on the show and people who represented people on the show —
who said the environment on the show was not a healthy one."

It's like I'm saying something like "I had several sources telling me that vegetables aren't healthy"

Last edited by Ellioft; 21-11-21 at 00:51.
Old 21-11-21, 16:40   #19098
Portugalraider

While not disregarding those reports if indeed true, but I find it a bit hard to believe it, considering how Hollywood loves to stop giving work to women that are labelled as "difficult to work with", and Misha is still getting quite busy...

Although where there's smoke, there's fire. Could be more of "HBO making her own job difficult, with ramifications of her having to make others jobs more difficult as well". Who knows...
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-21, 12:56   #19099
Ellioft

Here's a taste of what's coming in december

The video running time is 1h42 (without credits)

I still have to make some improvements, complete the final part, and I'm still waiting for the animation part to be done.

This "teaser" is not in good quality and it was resized but that's all I can do.

https://twitter.com/FilesTomb/status...27880720912387

Last edited by Ellioft; 23-11-21 at 12:57.
Old 24-11-21, 00:32   #19100
Tonyrobinson

Apparently Irma Vep has 100% wrapped now so let's wait and see what's up next on Alicia's schedule.