Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 07-10-21, 02:22   #1
Greenapple968

Arrow Grenade Launcher And Harpoon Gun VS Statues (Floating Islands And The Dragon's Lair)

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8LysIJP64g

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFInkukd_C4

In both Floating Islands And The Dragon's Lair, there are those powerful enemies with the spears and the powerful enemies with the swords who have the ability to hover and float. Most of them start off as statues and come to life and try to attack you. It's possible to destroy them while they're in their statue forms with the Grenade Launcher and Harpoon Gun. If you make it up to them while they're in their statue forms then you can destroy them by blasting them with the Grenade Launcher or shooting them with the Harpoon Gun. If you use the Grenade Launcher then the statues disappear once you kill them. If you use the Harpoon Gun then the statues still remain even after you kill them; to get them to blow up you have to go over to their trigger spots and you can then see them explode.

In these videos I show you myself killing most of the enemies from Floating Islands and The Dragon's Lair with the Grenade Launcher and Harpoon Gun while they're in their statue forms. It's common knowledge to a lot of people that you are able to destroy the statues with the Grenade Launcher and Harpoon Gun, and so the purpose of this video isn't so much to try and inform people that it's possible to destroy the statues with the Grenade Launcher and Harpoon Gun. The purpose of the video is to try and destroy as many of the enemies as possible while they're in their statue forms and show you the best methods to use in order to go about it. I had to be very precise with my shooting, positioning and movements in order to destroy as many statues as possible with these guns. Whatever you do, just don't use the Grenade Launcher to destroy the snowmobile enemies in Tibetan Foothills as this destroys their snowmobiles, meaning that you can't use the snowmobiles yourself after killing the enemies.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 17:22   #2
bollweevil

Pretty cool I remember finding this out from badassgamez when he still made content.
bollweevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 18:37   #3
Mek

I heard that when you shoot the statues long enough on PC, the game crashes.

I wonder if the amount of times you must hit the statues with the grenades before they explode is greater than after the warriors are awoken.

It looked like they must take damage from a great amount of grenades as statues.
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-21, 02:59   #4
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollweevil View Post
Pretty cool I remember finding this out from badassgamez when he still made content.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
I heard that when you shoot the statues long enough on PC, the game crashes.

I wonder if the amount of times you must hit the statues with the grenades before they explode is greater than after the warriors are awoken.

It looked like they must take damage from a great amount of grenades as statues.
I've also heard that doing this on the PC can result in the game crashing. The amount of times that you have to shoot them is the same; they took more in the video where I used the Grenade Launcher because I was playing on New Game+
Old 08-10-21, 17:07   #5
perryloo

I always feel the speargun is ineffective both on land and in water, as it is just like throwing sticks at an enemy, it takes a while till they die

I prefer a weapon with noise, so give me uzi's anyday
perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-21, 04:06   #6
bollweevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryloo View Post
I always feel the speargun is ineffective both on land and in water, as it is just like throwing sticks at an enemy, it takes a while till they die

I prefer a weapon with noise, so give me uzi's anyday
Yeah the harpoons always felt useless to me
bollweevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-21, 09:26   #7
Benny Klimp

I tried this with the Shivas in TR3 and it works in the same way. Pretty fun to shoot a statue with harpoons and then see it die immediately when it activates.
Benny Klimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-21, 15:14   #8
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny Klimp View Post
I tried this with the Shivas in TR3 and it works in the same way. Pretty fun to shoot a statue with harpoons and then see it die immediately when it activates.
Thanks for sharing. It's too bad that I didn't think to try this with the Shivas.
Old 13-10-21, 13:43   #9
SuperFrancyBro
Inactive

but works only with PSX version?
SuperFrancyBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-21, 21:00   #10
Kirishima

To the people wondering, yes, the game will crash if you kill these enemies in their statue state in the PC version. Doesn't mean you can't damage them, wake them up then kill them. Arsunt's patch also fixed this crash.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote