www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III > The Lost Artifact

Old 24-09-22, 07:55   #101
b122251
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokono View Post
TR3, as beautiful as it is on the PS1, stutters and lags a lot even in Lara's Home. Have you noticed any significant slowdowns while porting TLA?

I wonder if your optimisations, once you're done, could be back-ported to TR3.
Well, yes, they could, but there'd be no reason to do so. You see, the modifications I'm making are all currently aimed at reducing RAM usage. They don't improve rendering speed or anything like that. They just make the game take up less space in RAM. For TR3, there's no need to do this, as all levels already fit in the PS1's RAM.
b122251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-22, 12:47   #102
francis zurch
Hobbyist

Oh man... how cool it would be if b122251 managed to patch the ported levels from UB and GM into the level list in the original PS1 Tomb Raider BIN! I'm NOT suggesting distributing copies of the PS1 BIN (depending on what the rules of the forum are *wink*). I just think it would be neat if b122251s amazing ports were accessible from the main game.
francis zurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-22, 21:25   #103
DieSkaarj
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokono View Post
TR3, as beautiful as it is on the PS1, stutters and lags a lot even in Lara's Home. Have you noticed any significant slowdowns while porting TLA?

I wonder if your optimisations, once you're done, could be back-ported to TR3.
Now I haven't tried this on real hardware, or even through Emulation, but those issues can most likely be remedied by overclocking.

I was wondering, b122251. Did you come across anything that could lead to a proper widescreen patch when you decompiled TRII?
DieSkaarj is offline   Reply With Quote