www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 22-09-22, 21:53   #37641
trfansince96
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lulu View Post
Why not a Jill and Claire game? I don't recall them ever working together. Jill could be the main with Claire as support. Could be a good opportunity for some good back story about them and Chris. At least would offer a new dynamic with the 2 leading ladies working together.
Omg this would be incredible. I'm all for it. Maybe sneak Ada in there too. 👀
trfansince96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-22, 22:24   #37642
Lord Lulu
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfansince96 View Post
Omg this would be incredible. I'm all for it. Maybe sneak Ada in there too. 👀
I'm not opposed to the idea. So long as they use the original Ada and not the one from the remake. But Ada would have to be used sparingly.
Old 23-09-22, 09:02   #37643
jackali
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lulu View Post
Why not a Jill and Claire game? I don't recall them ever working together. Jill could be the main with Claire as support. Could be a good opportunity for some good back story about them and Chris. At least would offer a new dynamic with the 2 leading ladies working together.
I think it's unlikely because, in games featuring multiple playable characters, Capcom have historically tried to keep a fairly even male/female ratio. RE6 is an exception, probably because of the sheer number of characters, although some people would argue that Piers counts...

Chris/Jill
Claire/Leon
Jill/Carlos
Claire/Chris
Leon/Ashley
Chris/Sheva
Jake/Sherry - Leon/Helena - Chris/Piers? - Ada

Been a while since I played either Revelations game to remember which ones were playable.
Old 23-09-22, 12:11   #37644
Lord Lulu
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackali View Post
I think it's unlikely because, in games featuring multiple playable characters, Capcom have historically tried to keep a fairly even male/female ratio. RE6 is an exception, probably because of the sheer number of characters, although some people would argue that Piers counts...

Chris/Jill
Claire/Leon
Jill/Carlos
Claire/Chris
Leon/Ashley
Chris/Sheva
Jake/Sherry - Leon/Helena - Chris/Piers? - Ada

Been a while since I played either Revelations game to remember which ones were playable.
Haven't played Revelations in a long time as well. That said I was talking about having Jill as the main character. Claire being a support character. I didn't actually say playable character. Though that doesn't really mater to me if she is playable or not. Just wanted a game with them together. Don't see why not. I do count the Chris/Piers as I think it should have been Jill/Chris again. Just in a better game.
Old 23-09-22, 13:05   #37645
jackali
Super Moderator

Pretty sure there'd be a riot if they had the two most popular female characters in the franchise in the same game and only one was playable.
Old 24-09-22, 09:48   #37646
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackali View Post
Pretty sure there'd be a riot if they had the two most popular female characters in the franchise in the same game and only one was playable.
I'd make it like Re1 and 2 where you choose a campaign and they're slightly different to compensate.
Old 24-09-22, 13:21   #37647
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

After the failings of the RE3MAKE which Capcom has to learn from, what the RE4MAKE needs to learn from the RE3MAKE
https://gamerant.com/resident-evil-4...ses-bug-fixes/

If Capcom wants the RE4MAKE to be successful it has to take into account what made the RE2MAKE good but also what made the RE3MAKE bad.

What made the RE2MAKE such a success was a development team that had respect for the original RE2 and because it didn't suffer from a rushed development cycle and was a highly polished game, none of which can be said for the RE3MAKE.

If anyone hasn't seen this, 6 things you never knew were cut out of the RE3MAKE
https://gamerant.com/resident-evil-3-2020-cut-content/
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-22, 15:24   #37648
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Apparently Resident Evil 4 remake was always intended to release cross gen. Apparently Capcom will continue releasing cross gen games in the future due to the low install base on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S.
Old 24-09-22, 17:06   #37649
robm_2007
Legend

They'd make Claire either be DLC or have a tiny section at the end which is the absolute worst part of the game a la Chris in RE8.

I am not opposed to Jill and Claire meeting in a game, but i don't care enough about such a scenario to need to see it happen in game, if that's just the reason to have them be in a game together: just because it's yet to happen.

But if they make them join forces just to be some plot device mutual acquaintance of Chris..oh Bechtel Test, that's an immediate 0/100.
Old 24-09-22, 22:13   #37650
Lord Lulu
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
They'd make Claire either be DLC or have a tiny section at the end which is the absolute worst part of the game a la Chris in RE8.

I am not opposed to Jill and Claire meeting in a game, but i don't care enough about such a scenario to need to see it happen in game, if that's just the reason to have them be in a game together: just because it's yet to happen.

But if they make them join forces just to be some plot device mutual acquaintance of Chris..oh Bechtel Test, that's an immediate 0/100.
I'm more along the lines of them in the same game because it hasn't happened yet. The best case scenario is to make it like Resident Evil 2 and have intersecting campaigns. Not sure what else would work for fans.