www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old Yesterday, 15:30   #12171
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
I think that would be a great decision for CD. Let them just do something else and get away from TR permanently or for at least awhile. There’s not too many video game companies that are successful that just do ONE game. Let them do something else and give TR to someone new and see a new and fresh take on the franchise and hope for a return of more Classic elements at the root of TR.
Exactly, plus there are several franchises they could resurrect and work on that fans have been dying to see. Like Legacy of Kain or Gex.
Old Yesterday, 15:48   #12172
jajay119
Tomb Raider

They've just spent like 5 years on Avengers and they're working on Perfect Dark. The last TR game they made released in 2015 - 7 years ago. Realistically they probably feel like they've had their break.
Old Yesterday, 16:02   #12173
Xilurm
Historian

I don't think Embracer is unable to do whatever they want with TR or that they actually need CD's consent. I think it's more like Embracer doesn't wanna force the people at CD to work on something they don't want to.

I mean, taking away TR from CD and giving it to another studio while forcing CD to work on something else entirely is probably going to make them depressed. They've been making TR games for more than a decade now.
Xilurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 16:22   #12174
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
They've just spent like 5 years on Avengers and they're working on Perfect Dark. The last TR game they made released in 2015 - 7 years ago. Realistically they probably feel like they've had their break.
To me I don't think a simple break will do, they have been exhausted of this franchise for a while. I'm sure they can make some new games that aren't TR and give TR to another team at Embracer so that they can work on whatever they want.

To me I think CD are just working out of obligation which doesn't always yield a good product.
Old Yesterday, 22:12   #12175
robm_2007
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post

I mean, taking away TR from CD and giving it to another studio while forcing CD to work on something else entirely is probably going to make them depressed. They've been making TR games for more than a decade now.
I assume if anything would make them depressed, it's making TR. They've earned a nice, long vacation from TR (Disregard Avengers and them only "helping" with Shadow).
Old Today, 07:26   #12176
killchan
Professor

I wouldn't call it franchise fatigue, not after 2 games.
They changed everything about TR to the point that you could see it as a new franchise altogether.