Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 01-06-22, 09:06   #1
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

Default Happy 15th Anniversary, Tomb Raider Anniversary

Quote:
Happy 15th Anniversary, Tomb Raider Anniversary. Inspired by the first Tomb Raider video-game by Core Design, Tomb Raider Anniversary was developed by Crystal Dynamics and released in Europe on 1 June 2007.

"Using an enhanced Tomb Raider Legend game engine, the graphics, technology, physics and engine bring Lara Croft's adventure and pursuit of a mystical artefact known only as the Scion right up to today's technology standards and offered gamers a completely new gameplay experience."

Follow the hyperlink to view original Tomb Raider Anniversary assets, including material released as part of Tomb Raider 25, a celebration of 25 years of Lara Croft and Tomb Raider.

https://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines4463.html
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-22, 09:40   #2
ATombRaiderFan

I've first played Anniversary before TR1, I wonder how many other people have done this instead of the other way around. I remember having to rely on walkthroughs to get all the artifacts and relics... those were the days.

I also love how dramatic all the villains were in this game. Happy 15th Anniversary to Anniversary
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-22, 11:00   #3
UroshUchiha

Happy birthday TRA! My favorite in the LAU trilogy. So many good memories with this one.
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-22, 18:29   #4
LNSNHGTDS

Happy anniversary to probably the most underrated game in the series. As a kid I thought it wasn't as cool as Legend, but over time I've grown to truly appreciate Anniversary for its own benefits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan View Post
I've first played Anniversary before TR1, I wonder how many other people have done this instead of the other way around. I remember having to rely on walkthroughs to get all the artifacts and relics... those were the days.

I also love how dramatic all the villains were in this game. Happy 15th Anniversary to Anniversary
Same here. It was the third TR game I got to play.
LNSNHGTDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-22, 20:02   #5
LaraCablara

By far my favorite of Crystals games!

I find it funny to hear how everyone here calls this game underrated or that they liked it despite the “hate” when it was actually a well regarded reimagining in the gaming community when it came out, and still is outside the forum.
LaraCablara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-22, 20:07   #6
LNSNHGTDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraCablara View Post

I find it funny to hear how everyone here calls this game underrated or that they liked it despite the “hate” when it was actually a well regarded reimagining in the gaming community when it came out, and still is outside the forum.
Definitely, which is one of the many examples of how Classic / Core purists are in no way shape or form representative of the entire fandom despite some of them thinking they are.

When I called it underrated I meant in the context of the forums alone.
LNSNHGTDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-22, 21:11   #7
adamtombraider

I adore Tomb Raider Anniversary it improved so much on the original and surpasses it I cannot believe its been 15 years since this game was released I was 17 1 month after its release.
adamtombraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-22, 00:35   #8
Rai

Happy 15th Anniversary, TRA! Definitely my favourite of the L.A.U trilogy.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-22, 13:50   #9
Valentino

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraCablara View Post

Yeah I’ve never regarded Anniversary as a “hated” game even when it’s criticised as a bad remake. It’s not even a remake. It’s a reimagining as the devs have said since 2007. It brilliantly fit itself in to the modern era of TR, and the way Lara felt like a ‘pre Legend Lara’ personality, was really done well.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-22, 18:05   #10
ATombRaiderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS View Post
Same here. It was the third TR game I got to play.
Second for me after Legend. I was already familiar with some of the classic games but that was because I watched a friend play them
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote