www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 28-02-14, 04:15   #11
ajrich17901
Tomb Raider
 
ajrich17901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 23,625
Default

This whole texmod nonsense is on my last nerve, I took screenshots of everything...so if I'm doing something wrong please tell me. When I click run after setting everything up..the game just startes without using the new textures for some reason. Anti virus is also turned off so it's not that.





ajrich17901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-14, 06:33   #12
mrox2
Student
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 206
Default

Hmmm .... have you tried running TexMod as Administrator ?
mrox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-14, 12:59   #13
ajrich17901
Tomb Raider
 
ajrich17901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 23,625
Default

Edit:

Managed to get them working, no one told me I was supposed to remove the P4 exe from the bin folder lol. All I had to do was put the P4 folder in the root aod folder and remove the other one from the bin folder and now it works.

Last edited by ajrich17901; 28-02-14 at 16:22.
ajrich17901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-14, 10:31   #14
mrox2
Student
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 206
Default

Just a heads up, added some useful tools links and separated sections, this will be more of a master list too, please suggest any links I can add to it

@AjRich, added your post as a quote on the OP as a quote

Last edited by mrox2; 01-03-14 at 12:04.
mrox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-14, 11:48   #15
TRJTA
Professor
 
TRJTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,883
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajrich17901 View Post
Edit:

Managed to get them working, no one told me I was supposed to remove the P4 exe from the bin folder lol. All I had to do was put the P4 folder in the root aod folder and remove the other one from the bin folder and now it works.
Nice,

we should definitely make a real clear tutorial for all game versions
__________________
Tomb Raider III HD Remaster Technical Artist
TRJTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-14, 12:42   #16
ajrich17901
Tomb Raider
 
ajrich17901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 23,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJTA View Post
Nice,

we should definitely make a real clear tutorial for all game versions
Pretty simple for the Steam version, just remove the P4 exe completely from the bin folder, put the patched P4 exe in the main AOD folder along with texmod, turn all anti virus stuff of and wala.
ajrich17901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-14, 12:46   #17
Drone
Legend
 
Drone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 37,471
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajrich17901 View Post
Pretty simple for the Steam version, just remove the P4 exe completely from the bin folder, put the patched P4 exe in the main AOD folder along with texmod, turn all anti virus stuff of and wala.
I did this to my retail version. Works all the same I've already wanted to add it to Microsoft Security Essentials exclusion list but it didn't even alarm me about false positive One problem less to worry about.
__________________
I didn't die and I didn't live - Dante Alighieri
Drone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-14, 12:50   #18
ajrich17901
Tomb Raider
 
ajrich17901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 23,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drone View Post
I did this to my retail version. Works all the same I've already wanted to add it to Microsoft Security Essentials exclusion list but it didn't even alarm me about false positive One problem less to worry about.
Anti Virus software is odd with TexMod xD it is only detected when you do a scan, sadly for me if I don't disable the software I cannot use it lol.
ajrich17901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-14, 11:47   #19
Suikaze Raider
Historian
 
Suikaze Raider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Almeria (Spain) Type: Crazy TR Fan.
Posts: 473
Smile

I made time ago a TRAOD Updater and a Text Editor with Graphic Interface supporting all the versions They can be used too

TRAOD Updater.
TRAOD Text Editor.

Cheers
__________________
Working in TR1 & TR2 Translations.
Suikaze Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-14, 15:33   #20
mrox2
Student
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suikaze Raider View Post
I made time ago a TRAOD Updater and a Text Editor with Graphic Interface supporting all the versions They can be used too

TRAOD Updater.
TRAOD Text Editor.

Cheers
Thanks for the heads up, added to the main post.
mrox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.