www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 17-12-19, 22:53   #161
Kubsy
Hobbyist

Talking

I love how the thread was supposed to be about discussing the downsides of paitootoo but Instead it turned to drama galore and going out of context.

I just love it *gets more popcorn*
Old 17-12-19, 22:59   #162
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubsy View Post
I love how the thread was supposed to be about discussing the downsides of paitootoo but Instead it turned to drama galore and going out of context.

I just love it *gets more popcorn*
I suggest you keep to the topic rather than encouraging drama after I gave a warning.
Old 17-12-19, 23:11   #163
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I suggest you keep to the topic rather than encouraging drama after I gave a warning.
People love drama though, it's natural.
Old 23-12-19, 19:45   #164
Kidd Bowyer
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraCablara View Post
I liked Paititi No complaints.

I didn't like that valley in Rise though. Felt like an Oblivion game.
Huh, I thought I was the only one who felt this way. Don't get me wrong, Paititi's got issues, but it felt like a way better execution of the "ancient village frozen in time" idea than the one in Rise.

That said, I think that if there are any more TR games, I'd rather not see this whole shtick again. Give me military bases, or monasteries, or somewhere else where Lara might briefly interact with people if you feel it's necessary, but no more "Ooooh, she's interacting with a dead civilization, isn't that neat?"
Kidd Bowyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-19, 22:43   #165
Ellioft
Professor

I didn't like that much the geothermal valley it feels like something out of Skyrim but Paititi is a nice place I love exploring and seeing all the cultural aspects they bring to it. Plus there's a lot of tombs. And that came from someone who isn't found of South American levels in TR (same with Greece and Rome).
Old 27-12-19, 03:09   #166
killchan
Explorer

Many reasons why I hate Paititi , but one that really left me like "uhh?" during my innocent blind playthrough...

Old 27-12-19, 12:08   #167
PluitNoir
Hobbyist

Paititi is something you were meant to like, but ended up hating. It's so strange. My guess is it's cause it's supposed to be this huge hidden city hub, but ends up feeling extremely claustrophobic and monotone. The side missions are so mundane. The outfit restriction also doesn't help. It's an interesting idea for the first 30 minutes and after that it gets old real quick.
My biggest gripe with it is there's no sense of an upcoming apocalypse. Everything is so chill, no sense of urgency. Remember TRIV with the red sky and all? You could feel ****'s about to hit the fan. Here it's like meh whatever go fetch some stupid stuff for this kid.
PluitNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-19, 12:55   #168
MBog
Archaeologist

I don't like Paititi because unlike the hubs in Rise there is little to none platforming in the city. I feel like Rise was much more 'vertical' than Shadow (get it ... they promoted the game like that) you could grapple to almost everything, had your weapons to hunt ... etc
Paititi lacks in general, ordinary gameplay that doesn't involve sidequest.
Old 27-12-19, 13:04   #169
PluitNoir
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBog View Post
Paititi lacks in general, ordinary gameplay that doesn't involve sidequest.
Very true!
I also don't get the hype they created about lamas. You pet it once okay, second time you take a photo also okay, third time okay it's starting to get boring now. They dragged on the lama joke forever and it wasn't that funny in the first place... Idk why, but it annoyed me so much.
PluitNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-19, 13:13   #170
Athukraz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PluitNoir View Post
Very true!
I also don't get the hype they created about lamas. You pet it once okay, second time you take a photo also okay, third time okay it's starting to get boring now. They dragged on the lama joke forever and it wasn't that funny in the first place... Idk why, but it annoyed me so much.
SAME! they literally added llamas to photo mode instead of listening to fans about the outfits and the restriction and what's worse they more than likely planned to add the gold llama statue to a Croft Manor fountain. Just ugh. They're still so proud of Paiteetee they want to bring it into Lara's house while none of us want to hear about Paiteetee ever again I just can't

Last edited by Athukraz; 27-12-19 at 13:15.
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote