www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

View Poll Results: Which reboot game has the best outfit selection?
Tomb Raider 10 6.99%
Rise of the Tomb Raider 74 51.75%
Shadow of the Tomb Raider 22 15.38%
Please use unique game titles next time CD, 'Tomb Raider' was already taken 37 25.87%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30-12-19, 06:35   #61
laracroftswest
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
*Fun (or not) Fact* The TR1 Sport and TR5 Catsuit skins are not their representive models. Itís TR2 Classic model retextured. Look at TR1ís face and circular breasts. Realizing the TR5 model was hard. The TR4-5 model has a long hair and she doesnít have her upper hairband like TR2-3 Lara, right? Well, in Rise, the Catsuit skin Lara has a upper hairband colored black to be not seen, and her face under the headset is TR2 Lara all over again. *AoD Lara voice* Iíve got two little words for you... Lazy Developers.
Wouldn't making all of the models look consistent be the opposite of lazy since they seemingly wanted the models to match? They could've easily just imported each model from their respective game but chose to make them synchronous for each model. I find that more of a design/stylistic choice rather than laziness.
Old 30-12-19, 16:19   #62
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroftswest View Post
Wouldn't making all of the models look consistent be the opposite of lazy since they seemingly wanted the models to match? They could've easily just imported each model from their respective game but chose to make them synchronous for each model. I find that more of a design/stylistic choice rather than laziness.
I'm pretty sure that's the case.
Old 30-12-19, 17:20   #63
ESCachuli
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
But we Rise voters didnít just vote because of the AoD skin. Thereís the Desert Tank, Expedition Jacket, Leather Jacket, Blue Henley..... all original. AoD and TRIII Antarctica skins are just bonus imo.

*Fun (or not) Fact* The TR1 Sport and TR5 Catsuit skins are not their representive models. Itís TR2 Classic model retextured. Look at TR1ís face and circular breasts. Realizing the TR5 model was hard. The TR4-5 model has a long hair and she doesnít have her upper hairband like TR2-3 Lara, right? Well, in Rise, the Catsuit skin Lara has a upper hairband colored black to be not seen, and her face under the headset is TR2 Lara all over again. *AoD Lara voice* Iíve got two little words for you... Lazy Developers.
Well, the TR3 antartica reimagined skin is part of Rise selection of skins, because it is a completely new model. If the Shadow "classic colour" skin was actually the TR1 clothes in Shadow Lara, it would be part of Shadow's outfit selection.

And here a lot of people said they chose Rise because of the AoD model.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 22:28   #64
krycekuva
Relic Hunter

can we see the selection, i hardly remember all the outfits
krycekuva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 22:33   #65
Athukraz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by krycekuva View Post
can we see the selection, i hardly remember all the outfits
This says a lot
Old 10-02-20, 23:06   #66
krycekuva
Relic Hunter

well,.. to be honest, ive never been a fan of outfits. i like to use the given design in each given occasion. i remember rises being boring and shadow having too many tribe ones. most of them arent iconic enough. and the classic ones aren't attractive to me if they don't add also the current model.
Old 10-02-20, 23:11   #67
Tomb Raidering
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by krycekuva View Post
well,.. to be honest, ive never been a fan of outfits. i like to use the given design in each given occasion. i remember rises being boring and shadow having too many tribe ones. most of them arent iconic enough. and the classic ones aren't attractive to me if they don't add also the current model.
Iconic enough? o.O Something can either be iconic or not iconic.

Tribal Outfits > Tactical Adventurer Outfits both figuratively and....
Old 10-02-20, 23:48   #68
krycekuva
Relic Hunter

basically the entire line up gets polluted when you get 30 outfits, and most of them are variations of some sort of 3 or 4 distinctive ones. don't sell me colors and textures as unique outfits, give me the chance instead of getting a specific outfit and let me alter the colors at will, but i digress. i chose shadow, although i really digged laras leather jacket with hoodie from rise.