www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 18-01-20, 21:13   #6111
dg1995
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
Silent Hill 4 in general is pretty terrible though so, not surprised really I'm never surprised there were rumours the game was initially Team Silent's attempts to move away from Silent Hill but Konami made them include it in the canon. It's so disjointed from the other three.
Actually that is wrong according to a thread in a SH forum.

http://silenthillcommunity.com/viewt...?f=31&t=438563

"This rumor started about 15 years ago by a group of fans mad about how "different" 4 was compared to the previous three. (This was prior to SHSM, DP, HC, and Origins, mind you, when we only had KCET working on SH and no news of any upcoming games.) It has spread so much that people took it as fact when the claim was debunked in interviews."

Also SH 4 was always supposed to be a different SH game but it had lots of connections to other SH games:
-Walter Sullivan was mentioned in some newspapers of SH 2.
-Father of James Sunderland is in SH 4.
-The order has a role in the story.
-Silent Hill itself has been mentioned in 4.(And even the lighthouse and UFOs)
-Focus on Melee combat with ability to insta kill majority of enemies by stomping them.
-Disturbing scenes.
-Multiple endings.

Edit: My list from the only SH games I have played:
1.SH SM
2.SH 1
3.SH 2

Last edited by dg1995; 18-01-20 at 21:15.
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 01:03   #6112
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Oh, I know it's not true. It just doesn't surprise me the game feels like a spin off with a few nods to the main series rather than a SH game to me. The majority of it doesn't even take place in Silent Hill which in itself is just something I never gelled with.
Old 22-01-20, 15:18   #6113
dg1995
Explorer

Rely On Horror says that multiple Silent Hill games are in development based on a rumor.
https://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-...n-development/

Quote:
So it’s been a little over 7 years since the last Silent Hill game (2012’s Book of Memories), or 5 if we count P.T.. Many fans have completely written off the chances of there ever being another title in the series. Operating under the assumption that you already know all about what went down, odds were in favor of Silent Hill becoming little more than an aesthetic to bolt onto video gambling machines. Well, fans may (thankfully) be proven wrong in the near future as a new leak has sprung up regarding the future of the series. DuskGolem aka AestheticGamer (who has been consistently on the nose with leaks regarding the Resident Evil franchise time and time again) tweeted some information this afternoon that fans of the series (hell, horror in general) will be delighted to hear about.
Quote:
In other news while I’m dropping this stuff, and I think I can talk about this, I’ll mention there is a couple new Silent Hill games in the works. Konami about two years ago reached out to various developers to pitch ideas for two Silent Hill games, one a soft-reboot of the franchise, the other an episodic TellTale/Until Dawn-style game to go alongside the reboot. I don’t know anything more than that though, but I sure do hope Konami’s given it the appropriate budget and found the right developer to make those games succeed.

This is just a guess, but I’d say there’s a high chance one or both of those titles may be revealed this year, but we’ll see. I don’t actually know their plans or anything about these games other than their existence though, I don’t know much about the inner workings of Konami.
We can also verify that, while we can’t discuss any details, we’ve also heard from our own independent source that a Silent Hill project is in development. These two sources are (in our opinion) the strongest evidence yet that Silent Hill may really be back from the dead.

Considering Konami’s radio silence (no pun intended) on the series outside of more slot machines, this news comes as a massive surprise to fans. We’ll be waiting with bated breath for whatever announcement may be coming. If it is indeed to be revealed this year (as AestheticGamer suggests), it would most likely be at E3 or during a Sony State of Play. Given the timing future titles would most likely release for PS5 and Xbox SX, and either console nabbing the chance to be the first to announce a new Silent Hill is easily “game of show” material that would steal the spotlight from either console presentation.

Silent Hill may be on the horizon, friends. For now, all we can do is wait.
But if it's true, I don't think they'll ever like those game since they hate Konami. And I don't think they will give them fair reviews.

Last edited by dg1995; 22-01-20 at 15:19.
Old 23-01-20, 13:28   #6114
paulojr_mam
Archaeologist

If it's true, and with Konami being Konami I doubt it is, hopefully it's a japanese team doing the game. Otherwise I'm pretty certain it'll be ****. Again.
Old 23-01-20, 16:55   #6115
dg1995
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulojr_mam View Post
If it's true, and with Konami being Konami I doubt it is, hopefully it's a japanese team doing the game. Otherwise I'm pretty certain it'll be ****. Again.
Why SH fans have so much agenda against non Japanese developers ?

A good developer will be a good developer no matter of it's nationality.

The main reason that non Japanese SH games failed were because all of those games(Minus SM and Origins) were rushed games. That is why Downpour was a buggy game alongside HD collection.

Probably they lacked budget because Kojima was spending majority of Konami's budget on his games.(MGS 4, MGS Peace Walker, Metal Gear Solid Rising, MG Rising Re-vengeance and MGS V).
It has nothing to do with the poor developers that SH fans just want to crucify.

Origins was the way it became because it had a bad development. It was originally going to be some kind of RE 4 clone which Konami wasn't happy and gave it to climax UK.

Shattered Memories is just hated because of it's special kind of gameplay.(Which removed the bad combat from the formula)

If something at very least American SH games had much better monster design than SH 4.(Which minus few ghosts and twin victim had pretty bad monster designs.)
Old 23-01-20, 17:07   #6116
paulojr_mam
Archaeologist

They should ask Sony Japan Studio, where Keiichiro Toyama is, to make the next SH game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
Why SH fans have so much agenda against non Japanese developers ?
I wish it was true that "SH fans have so much agenda against non-japanese developers". Unfortunately, I don't think it is.
Quote:
A good developer will be a good developer no matter of it's nationality.
A western developer has yet to prove it understands Silent Hill. Or even japanese-style horror. I don't think it can be authentic if it isn't japanese. I can be proven wrong, though. I just wasn't yet.
Quote:
The main reason that non Japanese SH games failed were because all of those games(Minus SM and Origins) were rushed games. That is why Downpour was a buggy game alongside HD collection.
They're terrible Silent Hill games (including SM). Not saying japanese can't fail. Silent Hills seems like it would be terrible as a Silent Hill game. But they have a higher chance of success IMO. And I want the next SH game, if it comes, to have the highest chances of being good possible, both as a game and specifically as a Silent Hill game.
Quote:
It has nothing to do with the poor developers that SH fans just want to crucify.
I don't know if they're poor developers, I know of no other game from them. But the Silent Hills they made were very subpar in all respects. Just low-budget can't explain enough how un-Silent Hill-like they were.
Quote:
If something at very least American SH games had much better monster design than SH 4.(Which minus few ghosts and twin victim had pretty bad monster designs.)
Is that a joke?

Last edited by paulojr_mam; 23-01-20 at 17:22.
paulojr_mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 17:23   #6117
dg1995
Explorer

No. Not a joke.

Burping Nurses are the worst monsters in the history of Silent Hill.
Old 23-01-20, 17:36   #6118
paulojr_mam
Archaeologist

Quote:
No. Not a joke.

Burping Nurses are the worst monsters in the history of Silent Hill.
They at least still are SH monsters, unlike Downpour whose monsters all look and act like average horror game monster and should never have been in a SH game ever.
Old 23-01-20, 17:59   #6119
noonbob
Professor

SH4 gets too much hate. I actually like 4's Patient enemy.
noonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 18:09   #6120
Samz
Relic Hunter

I like its apperance somewhat. (I don't mind the odd humanoid enemy)

The sound effect for them was bad. (though not the first one, remember the dogs that make Chimpanze noises.)