www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 23-01-20, 20:06   #19041
LateRaider
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnatchingEdges View Post
So, while I'm sipping this Rooibos with a touch of orange tea someone served, I'll tell you I'm dying!!

I was in the Catacombs (TLRV) and I could do the rope jumps pretty quickly, but after that my L2 button died. I'm playing on Steam with a PS4 controller and DSIWindows, now I can't sprint or bounce on the ropes!

I fortunately have another controller, but couldn't this one break in another level? jfc.
aw rip, i'm sorry to hear that. i'm terrified of any of my controllers dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulojr_mam View Post
I don't participate of TR's reddit but a quick look tells me it's surprisingly shallow. TRF's much better. What I don't like about TRF is sometimes, like now, a lot of people start discussing about how TRF is bad, how the discussion being had is bad, how some members are bad, it's very tedious.
so is the constant bitching about how you've been personally victimized by reboot lara croft and ever since her conception snakes have been physically manifesting in your house but go off i guess paulo junior's mom

w/e ship pierrson

Last edited by LateRaider; 23-01-20 at 20:15.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 20:30   #19042
lance6439
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
Anyone ever view the TR reddit page? They all just seem to be cucks posting random pictures of either Rise or Shadow with some cringey caption like "It's Tomb Raiding time!" with like 13 echo chambered comments.

It's nice and everything, but very superficial. For all of TRF's problems and as heated as it can get, at least we have actual in-depth discussions of relative substance.
I posted in there yesterday and asked the simple question which was "which iteration of Lara Croft do you prefer?" followed by a picture of CLara, LAULara and RLara. The first comment went something along the lines of "the one with the realistic body proportions" and I just immediately deleted my post. But yeah all those Shadow screenshots are hella annoying.

-

All the negativity on TRF is 100% the fault of the people over at CD/EM/SE not communicating with fans. Okay, maybe not 100%, but I'd say 70% since the Shadow era was a hot mess.

Last edited by lance6439; 23-01-20 at 20:53.
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 20:59   #19043
Costel
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
I posted in there yesterday and asked the simple question which was "which iteration of Lara Croft do you prefer?" followed by a picture of CLara, LAULara and RLara. The first comment went something along the lines of "the one with the realistic body proportions" and I just immediately deleted my post. But yeah all those Shadow screenshots are hella annoying.

-

All the negativity on TRF is 100% the fault of the people over at CD/EM/SE not communicating with fans. Okay, maybe not 100%, but I'd say 70% since the Shadow era was a hot mess.
Damn it, if I knew it was that easy to make you people leave.
I prefer that one too.
Now you can leave this forum, bye.
Old 23-01-20, 21:05   #19044
lance6439
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costel View Post
Damn it, if I knew it was that easy to make you people leave.
I prefer that one too.
Now you can leave this forum, bye.
Its stupid because the women I grew up with (I have Dominican and Brazilian in my family) slightly resembled Lara's figure. Which is why I never understood the discussion over her body because they looked normal to me. And still kinda do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroftswest View Post
The animations here are incredible, as is the accuracy of Lara's character model. It's insane how she nearly looks exactly like her PS2 counterpart (I'm guessing it's a modified version of it), and it really takes the Level Editor feel to a whole new level, as if this PS1 engine got a facelift to look 10 years better. If someone could use these animations and a similar model with such realism, I think the TRLE world would feel extremely refreshed.
this is the best thing ever
Old 23-01-20, 21:32   #19045
LateRaider
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
Lance, honey, no. People getting told to go kill themselves is not the fault of the Developers
Old 23-01-20, 21:38   #19046
Tomb Raidering
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
Lance, honey, no. People getting told to go kill themselves is not the fault of the Developers
Can you provide proof? Because these are serious claims...
Old 23-01-20, 21:57   #19047
LateRaider
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
Can you provide proof? Because these are serious claims...
plenty of it on tumblr from 2016-2018. one or two posts here as well but the fact of the matter is that tomb raider fans are being told they dont deserve to live and they're not worthy as a human being b/c they like reboot lara
Old 23-01-20, 22:45   #19048
Calvolt
Hobbyist

Why don't we, as the TR community, see each and every era as a different color shape in a rainbow, show love and respect to one another, and learn to co-exist in harmony. TRF is a beautiful place and I got to enjoy my stay here so far even though I am new, it could be so much better tho .

For example, EM just tweeted a *meme* like post related to Deus Ex, no actual meaningful post based on it yet, and within two hours it reached almost 500 likes and comments everywhere. I dunno, it saddened me to see it, not because of the fact that I do not enjoy that game or its story, but I thought to myself, yo if this was Tomb Raider related content these comments would be all about defending one Lara or harassing the other one and all, which would probably happen

It is understandable people may choose one version of the game over the other, but always remember that you yourself wouldn't enjoy it if someone just came to you and started talking to **your version of Lara** in a negative or rude manner that you wouldn't accept, so let's not do it
Calvolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 22:46   #19049
Zsott
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
plenty of it on tumblr from 2016-2018. one or two posts here as well but the fact of the matter is that tomb raider fans are being told they dont deserve to live and they're not worthy as a human being b/c they like reboot lara
Oh yeah, I remember that...was it two girls or something like that, with AoD memes ?
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 22:47   #19050
LateRaider
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post
Oh yeah, I remember that...was it two girls or something like that, with AoD memes ?
them and several others in The Amazon Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvolt View Post
Why don't we, as the TR community, see each and every era as a different color shape in a rainbow, show love and respect to one another, and learn to co-exist in harmony. TRF is a beautiful place and I got to enjoy my stay here so far even though I am new, it could be so much better tho .

For example, EM just tweeted a *meme* like post related to Deus Ex, no actual meaningful post based on it yet, and within two hours it reached almost 500 likes and comments everywhere. I dunno, it saddened me to see it, not because of the fact that I do not enjoy that game or its story, but I thought to myself, yo if this was Tomb Raider related content these comments would be all about defending one Lara or harassing the other one and all, which would probably happen

It is understandable people may choose one version of the game over the other, but always remember that you yourself wouldn't enjoy it if someone just came to you and started talking to **your version of Lara** in a negative or rude manner that you wouldn't accept, so let's not do it
that's a really sweet post but no one on this fandom seems to want to be nice to each other