www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 06-12-19, 12:05   #14011
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMN View Post
Wait, is the background image working in that pic?
Nope..

I downloaded a custom Compass object from TRSearch (the old way people used to achieve backgrounds before scripting) and this WOULD normally work on TR4/5.
However, this doesn't work in the classic inventory plugin (the compass isn't meant to be an item that can be selected (its a flat plane used as the backdrop)
As you can see though, the compass is shown revolving around the bottom of the screen too (shouldn't be there at all)

Meh.. I'll just settle for a TR1/3 system and be done with it until I can find some solution

My computer also keeps deleting my english.dat file by itself.. I just checked now and it magically reappeared?! Maybe NGCenter is messing with the folder I have no clue (the entire main menu was missing and 'Exit' was replaced by gibberish L1 sprites and letters

Last edited by dcw123; 06-12-19 at 12:07.
dcw123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-19, 12:17   #14012
TokyoSU
Historian

for me your background it's working like JMN said (unlike you want the animated one, that are not possible throught):
no need for compass since CUST_BACKGROUND is working with ClassicInventory, and the compass is no more static with ClassicInventory.
use this script example for the stopwatch (TR2-3 Stopwatch): https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...4&postcount=69
PS: JMN you will need to update this example script since some syntax is changed !

Last edited by TokyoSU; 06-12-19 at 12:19.
TokyoSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-19, 12:27   #14013
dcw123
Relic Hunter

I don't think you guys understand what I did above.. I used this object (but it doesn't work with the classic ring inventory - only tr4's side scrolling one)

https://www.trsearch.org/item/3466

Thanks for those scripts but I'm assuming I'd need some models for this to work?
Does this mean I need a TR3 stopwatch model in Animating1 slot..

You can't just post a load of code to a newbie without some imstructions LOL
I have no idea what I'm looking at - I'm learning.. so guess I need to go and read the Classic Inventory Plugin thread again
Thank anyway.. I'll see what I can do
Old 06-12-19, 12:30   #14014
TokyoSU
Historian

you can replace the compass to the stopwatch and the background will work because it use ImageX.bmp you assigned in 'CUST_BACKGROUND' and 'Image= Id', in your case Image1.bmp is Inventory Background, it's enabled by default when the customize is detected !
for the stopwatch you need a item slot and give it to lara at the start with Equipment command or JMN trigger script inventory.

Last edited by TokyoSU; 06-12-19 at 12:33.
TokyoSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-19, 12:37   #14015
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSU View Post
you can replace the compass to the stopwatch and the background will work because it use ImageX.bmp you assigned in 'CUST_BACKGROUND' and 'Image= Id', in your case Image1.bmp is Inventory Background, it's enabled by default when the customize is detected !
for the stopwatch you need a item slot and give it to lara at the start with Equipment command or JMN trigger script inventory.
OK so I found and downloaded JMNs Classic Inventory items (tr1-3) which includes passport, glasses, stopwatch etc etc
I'll figure it out

The background image doesn't work for me - I have no idea why.. as others have stated the script is working and correct - so I have no clue why it will not work for me...
Not the end of the world - I'm through battling with it. I've spent the last 2 days trying to get it to work and it is stopping me from building and other things..
Its only a background image - I'll just have a TR3 style background for now - its fine

EDIT: So I copied everything over from the Classic Inventory Items - but now my inventory is lagging like crazy, really slowly.
The compass has been replaced by the Stopwatch - but it still reads 'compass', the animation is wrong, and it also doesn't show any stats.
Hmmm... I copied the entire script into a #Include txt file and made sure all the items were names correctly as in the script (Diary Item for passport etc)
The passport and other items don't even show - its only shows load and save in tr4 styles
This plugin could REALLY do with a small tutorial on how to use - its far too complex for those who don't know what they're doing

EDIT 2 : MAJOR issue here and I honestly just want to throw my laptop across the room at this point.
I haven't touched my TRLE setup at all (it was a clean install recently to get FLEP to patch the exe)

Now it seems NGCenter is is deleting my English.dat files when I build a script - causing the game to break.
Any script I make (such as custom flare colours) now no longer work either (perhaps due to this missing english.dat file?)
I have no idea whats going on.

Looks like I need to delete everything and start again from scratch - this stupid stuff always seems to happen to me.
It really makes me want to give up on level editing altogether. So goddamn mad right now...
I've never had this happen.. I'm at a loss on how to fix it.
I replace it with a backup version and game runs - but everytime I build a script, it just.. vanishes.
I even kept the TRLE root folder window up to check.. nowhere to be seen. It also deletes from my Script folder too

Last edited by dcw123; 06-12-19 at 13:41.
Old 06-12-19, 15:54   #14016
JMN
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
The background image doesn't work for me - I have no idea why.. as others have stated the script is working and correct - so I have no clue why it will not work for me...
Not the end of the world - I'm through battling with it. I've spent the last 2 days trying to get it to work and it is stopping me from building and other things..
Its only a background image - I'll just have a TR3 style background for now - its fine
This I don't understand, didn't you want a TR2 background like in the image you posted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
Looks like I need to delete everything and start again from scratch - this stupid stuff always seems to happen to me.
It really makes me want to give up on level editing altogether. So goddamn mad right now...
I've never had this happen.. I'm at a loss on how to fix it.
I replace it with a backup version and game runs - but everytime I build a script, it just.. vanishes.
I even kept the TRLE root folder window up to check.. nowhere to be seen. It also deletes from my Script folder too
Save yourself the stress and try TombIDE. It has its own share of problems and shortcomings currently, but it's worth a shot I'd say.
JMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-19, 16:01   #14017
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Quote:
This I don't understand, didn't you want a TR2 background like in the image you posted?
OK so I reinstalled NGCenter and TRLE (this time all in the same folder)
It also created a Pix folder etc for me (last time it did not)
I'm hoping that this time it will work *fingers crossed*

EDIT: First time and it worked flawlessly - I think the issue was that my NGCenter and TRLE folders were separate from each other, causing some kind of issue.
This time I installed NGCenter directly into my root TRLE folder and it all worked right away :3
Thank God for that! So relieved..
Strange as the rest of the scripts still worked - but it must have caused an issue with the Pix folder or something? Well now its 100% fine ^^)

Last edited by dcw123; 06-12-19 at 16:18.
Old 06-12-19, 16:26   #14018
JMN
Explorer

I'm so confused, it looks the same as before.

You shouldn't install NGCenter directly into your TRLE folder. However to prevent further confusion I guess it's fine, as long as everything works as expected.
JMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-19, 17:21   #14019
TokyoSU
Historian

Quote:
I'm so confused, it looks the same as before.

You shouldn't install NGCenter directly into your TRLE folder. However to prevent further confusion I guess it's fine, as long as everything works as expected.
me too :x he just changed the compass object
Old 06-12-19, 19:13   #14020
dcw123
Relic Hunter

haha omg guys..

The top image is faked using the compass object.. it does not use TRNG stuff.
People used this in the old editors years ago.. I tested that coz I couldn't get the TRNG background image to work.
But now it DOES work - I reinstalled NGLE and TRLE and now it all works fine.. patches and everything