www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 27-01-20, 11:33   #6131
New Dwight
Professor

never gets old

i use it too much in my latest projects.
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-20, 00:16   #6132
ESCachuli
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
At least you should be grateful that the game didn't turn out like this:

I think the main reason that they made it on PSP was due to the failure of Silent Hill 4 and 3.(Since those 2 games sold less than SH 2 and 1 so SH was a dying franchise that couldn't afford a AAA game for some years.)
Omg that's awful, thank goodness this didnt see light. I mean, I like the over the shoulder view, but not the execution.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-20, 00:53   #6133
New Dwight
Professor

This why i not fond of new SH game coz it wont be like classic 1-3.
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-20, 10:49   #6134
dcw123
Relic Hunter

What does everything think of the rumors of 2 new SH games coming soon?
I hope its true.. and I also hope Konami get a decent developer this time around.

Hell, give it back to the Japanese - P.T was awesome.
They just get horror spot on IMO.. a lot of western devs kind of go for cheesy cliche heavy storylines
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-20, 10:54   #6135
dg1995
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
What does everything think of the rumors of 2 new SH games coming soon?
I hope its true.. and I also hope Konami get a decent developer this time around.

Hell, give it back to the Japanese - P.T was awesome.
They just get horror spot on IMO.. a lot of western devs kind of go for cheesy cliche heavy storylines
Imo that Telltale style Silent Hill game with multiple endings can work really well since Silent Hill has been praised more for it's story,atmosphere,characters,dialogues,monster designs and soundtracks rather than combat or survival horror gameplay.

I just hope they make the story feel less cliche compare to previous SH games that tried to rehash the SH 2 story too much.(Even Origins in some ways was similar to SH 2.)
dg1995 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-20, 11:17   #6136
dcw123
Relic Hunter

^ Agreed..
And this is the issue which many generic casual SH fans don't understand.

The games (at least the original 4 games) were never about a town that acts as a psychiatrist helping people uncover their dark secrets...
It was about the power of a cult, The Order, and the effect on the town.

SH2 was an exception - however it still retained a lot of the Cult stuff in the background.. which the modern games just don't do.
Homecoming was kinda the last game to do so - and it was alright.. at least it felt like a continuation (even if it ripped off the movie too much)

The issue with all other games copying the SH2 ''protagonist did something, has amnesia, remembers.." trope is that we can all see it coming. Its not shocking anymore. You know they did something etc etc
Reboot the series and remake SH1..
Bring back the Order, in some form or another, and the real threat of their plans to create Paradise on Earth (SH1,3,4)

Last edited by dcw123; 28-01-20 at 11:22.
Old 28-01-20, 11:53   #6137
rewak
Professor

I'd love Telltale style game, but then I love Shattered Memories because it's more story focused with changes depending on your actions throughout and everyone else seems to hate it so who knows if that would be the way to go. I'm interested to know what they mean by "soft reboot", most of the games could be considered soft reboots since they each do their own thing.
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-20, 12:17   #6138
paulojr_mam
Archaeologist

I'd say the story of SH is more complex than simply about the cult and about the town's power. Those first four games all had a unique angle to the story that the subsequent games lack. SH1 is about the cult and the incidents that changed the town's power, SH2 is about the town's power acting after having been changed, SH3 is the power of the god the town created acting through Heather and SH4 is about a section of the cult and its beliefs. And SH2 and 4 had unique story revelations whereas Homecoming, Downpour and Origins all rehash SH2's story with a revelation that's always about the main character's past/psyche.
Old 28-01-20, 12:39   #6139
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulojr_mam View Post
I'd say the story of SH is more complex than simply about the cult and about the town's power. Those first four games all had a unique angle to the story that the subsequent games lack. SH1 is about the cult and the incidents that changed the town's power, SH2 is about the town's power acting after having been changed, SH3 is the power of the god the town created acting through Heather and SH4 is about a section of the cult and its beliefs. And SH2 and 4 had unique story revelations whereas Homecoming, Downpour and Origins all rehash SH2's story with a revelation that's always about the main character's past/psyche.
Well.. yes
And thats my point. I think the series needs to go back to that.
No more rehashing SH2 and give players some credit.. no need to dumb everything down
Old 28-01-20, 12:47   #6140
dg1995
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulojr_mam View Post
I remember the guys that were responsible for the first 4 games storylines were burned out on Silent Hill which is why in the next games the story didn't go that consistent.(The story writer of 2 went on making some mobile games.)

https://silenthill.fandom.com/wiki/Team_Silent

Just looking at the list you can kinda feel that some of them never really liked to work on SH that much after few games.
Even the director of the first game just left Team Silent after SH 1.
dg1995 is online now   Reply With Quote