www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 15-02-20, 21:48   #23921
larafan25
Sage

Dang, they straight up asking you to pay for them...

Old 16-02-20, 01:31   #23922
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Headache! Pokémon! Cold!

Current Mood: I have a headache but I need to catch Pokémon but also, I’m very cold bc Winter. Ugh
Old 17-02-20, 22:04   #23923
DragonSlayer
Professor

While I've never had any interest in Love Island I'm surprised that no-one is discussing Caroline Flack's death which I thought would be being discussed seeing as it's the current big news story.

I wonder how many more people will have to die before the show is permanently axed, it took only one person dying before the Jeremy Kyle show was cancelled.

No-one wanted to see her go on trial for her alleged offence even her alleged victim didn't want her to go on trial.

The media both traditional media and social media need to look at how they treat celebrities when they constantly print negative stories about them that could and do unfortunately lead to outcomes like this, those same newspapers are now printing stories about how sorry they are that she's dead.

What the media both traditional and social media needs to remember is that celebrities aren't just celebrities they are people that don't deserve to be harassed for the sake of selling papers and increasing the number of views a website gets.

I wonder how the people who printed those stories about Caroline Flack would like it if every detail of their lives was printed in the media for the entertainment of others, they wouldn't like it very much.

Those in charge of traditional media and social media need to take a long hard look at how they treat people for the entertainment of others because they never seem to stop to think about the effect their actions could have on the lives of the people, the role the paparazzi play in this needs to be looked at too no-one deserves to have their privacy invaded by anyone.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-20, 23:20   #23924
Mickybyrne20
Professor

The reason I haven't mentioned anything of Caroline Flack is that it's rather depressing. It's really affected me that she's actually DEAD, and never coming back. This bubbly presenter, who was not long ago active presenting Love Island, has killed herself.

I'd never excuse her actions towards her BF, but I just feel everything was blown out of proportion, and it affected her mentally.
Old 18-02-20, 17:30   #23925
lance6439
Legend

In less than two years the Tomb Raider (2001) film was knocked from #1 to #2 (by Detective Pikachu) and now knocked down to #3 (Sonic movie) from best video game movie openings. At least the other two TR films are still in the top 10 and I would really like for the 4th TR movie to squeeze in there without any TR movie leaving the top 10. But this is pretty much confirmation that we're living in the dark ages (Trump being president, brexit, corona virus, global warming, people choosing to watch sonic and pokemon over Lara Croft and Harley Quinn, people pronouncing and spelling Lara as Laura still)

feeling: tired

Old 18-02-20, 18:38   #23926
Tomb Raidering
Archaeologist

Omg, dark ages?!

Is it really that catastrophic for you? I mean, geez, it’s just a movie (and mediocre at its best).

I feel like Love’s artificial (especially the romantic type).
Old 18-02-20, 20:24   #23927
Catapharact
Tomb Raider

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post

I feel like Love’s artificial (especially the romantic type).
I am curious as to what made you come to that conclusion? Is it because of how the media presents Romantic love? Is it because of how there is an overwhelming issue with individuals mistaking lust for love?

Take it from someone who lived in a nation and grew up in a Middle Upper Class Echelon where arranged marriage is the only acceptable way of getting hitched; The freedom to choose who you want to love very important. I had to give up a lot of things to be with someone I love and it was all very VERY worth it.

Last edited by Catapharact; 18-02-20 at 20:51.
Catapharact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-20, 20:47   #23928
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Feeling like **** but what's new. Lots of things are falling apart and I hate waiting on an answer for some things to get done.
Old 18-02-20, 22:25   #23929
SnatchingEdges
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catapharact View Post
I am curious as to what made you come to that conclusion? Is it because of how the media presents Romantic love? Is it because of how there is an overwhelming issue with individuals mistaking lust for love?

Take it from someone who lived in a nation and grew up in a Middle Upper Class Echelon where arranged marriage is the only acceptable way of getting hitched; The freedom to choose who you want to love very important. I had to give up a lot of things to be with someone I love and it was all very VERY worth it.
When I was 15 a random man at the mosque approached my dad and asked him to marry me with his daughter, whom I've never seen. My dad and this man had a long, heated convo as if I was some kind of sheep at the market stock and my gay ass was inside like "sis you better take the cheat code sheet out cuz i'm not touching a stranger".

I'm really curious about who this woman is though. Is she doing fine?

Last edited by SnatchingEdges; 18-02-20 at 22:27.
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-20, 22:57   #23930
Catapharact
Tomb Raider

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnatchingEdges View Post
When I was 15 a random man at the mosque approached my dad and asked him to marry me with his daughter, whom I've never seen. My dad and this man had a long, heated convo as if I was some kind of sheep at the market stock and my gay ass was inside like "sis you better take the cheat code sheet out cuz i'm not touching a stranger".
We are getting into personal issues and I don't really like talking about this stuff on the public section of the forum but hopefully this should shed some light on my view:

With my extended family, Religion was just one of many factors when it came to who was good enough to be married and become a part of the family. I would say that even if my family members were pure Atheists, arranged marriage would still have been the norm.

Keep in mind that this is an upper-middle class family. To them, marriage is less about love and more about how the union will benefit the family in terms of political influence and financial gains.

If you choose to marry someone who the family does not approves of, you might as well be dead to them. And that is what happened to me.

Quote:
I'm really curious about who this woman is though. Is she doing fine?
You mean my wife . She is doing very well. After a lot of hard work and patience, we are two working professionals who made their own lives in Canada.