www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 19-04-14, 00:28   #321
peeves
Legend

Location: Heaven with cats and TR1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, UB, GM, LA, and Times level

I like the PC dialogue better since it sounds more creative than the PS2 version.
Old 19-04-14, 14:45   #322
KIKO
Relic Hunter

I just found something curious in the text files, I came across this before but it never really hit me till now.

There is an unused item called 'GPS Save Game' and here are some of the lines I also found related to it:

Lara "I could place a GPS here."
Lara "This'd be a good place to drop a GPS."
Lara "Save game here using a GPS."
Lara "I'm going to need those GPS's down here"

Seems to me that the save anywhere system was a late feature. Lara could previously pick up GPS's and carry them with her to save anywhere you liked but they'd be limited. Basically it was a TR3 PS1 save system. How would you have liked that? It certanly would've made the game a little harder
KIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-14, 15:22   #323
AdenClements
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIKO View Post
I just found something curious in the text files, I came across this before but it never really hit me till now.

There is an unused item called 'GPS Save Game' and here are some of the lines I also found related to it:

Lara "I could place a GPS here."
Lara "This'd be a good place to drop a GPS."
Lara "Save game here using a GPS."
Lara "I'm going to need those GPS's down here"

Seems to me that the save anywhere system was a late feature. Lara could previously pick up GPS's and carry them with her to save anywhere you liked but they'd be limited. Basically it was a TR3 PS1 save system. How would you have liked that? It certanly would've made the game a little harder
"I'm going to need those GPS's down here" is still in the files, it's 0001AC01.wav

The line is in the Louvre Storm Drains, and I never realized the GPS was a save game system, I thought it was going to be something to do with the Louvre infiltration (Due to the location of the sound file)

Cool find
Old 19-04-14, 15:54   #324
MicheleMouse
Explorer

Quote:
!!! Brilliant, I really like that idea!
MicheleMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-14, 16:06   #325
KIKO
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdenClements View Post
"I'm going to need those GPS's down here" is still in the files, it's 0001AC01.wav

The line is in the Louvre Storm Drains, and I never realized the GPS was a save game system, I thought it was going to be something to do with the Louvre infiltration (Due to the location of the sound file)

Cool find
Really cool. I tried extracting the sound files myself but I don't know where they get converted to. awd2wav says they've been converted but I can't find them anywhere
Old 19-04-14, 18:02   #326
Aurimas

Quote:
Really cool. I tried extracting the sound files myself but I don't know where they get converted to. awd2wav says they've been converted but I can't find them anywhere
Did you run AWD2WAV as administrator? I think you need to run it as administrator if you have Windows 8.

Last edited by Aurimas; 19-04-14 at 18:13.
Aurimas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-14, 21:03   #327
KIKO
Relic Hunter

I used the program through CMD to convert the files just like the instructions told me to. Even if I open the program as an admin it closes right after it opens. I don't know what I'm doing wrong

I tried it again it says Unpacking paris1_streams_std\lots of numbers.wav OK
and this repeats for every sound file there is inside the big file but where do they go? There's no extra folder with the new files... I'm confused

Last edited by KIKO; 19-04-14 at 21:07.
Old 19-04-14, 21:19   #328
Caesum
Tomb Raider

if you use some CMD then edit it and check if there's nothing about a custom destination. Anyway as far as I remember you can just move the desired sound file to awd2wav file and it should unpack it automatically.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-14, 21:22   #329
Peterstar101
Professor

Quote:
I used the program through CMD to convert the files just like the instructions told me to. Even if I open the program as an admin it closes right after it opens. I don't know what I'm doing wrong

and this repeats for every sound file there is inside the big file but where do they go? There's no extra folder with the new files... I'm confused
Right-click on the .AWD file, when it says "What would you like to run it with" select more and find AWD2WAV, then it should extract
Old 19-04-14, 21:26   #330
Aurimas

Quote:

It may be enough just to move each file on AWD2WAV. I remember I had the same problem but I do not remember how I solved it. You probably have to run Command Prompt as administrator then. If this will not solve the problem, try to run AWD2WAV in compatibily mode.

Last edited by Aurimas; 19-04-14 at 21:31.
Aurimas is offline   Reply With Quote