www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 19-04-14, 00:28   #321
peeves
Legend
 
peeves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Heaven with cats and TR1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, UB, GM, LA, and Times level
Posts: 65,567
Default

I like the PC dialogue better since it sounds more creative than the PS2 version.
__________________
All classic TR's won NLNMAS plus TRAR
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-14, 14:45   #322
KIKO
Relic Hunter
 
KIKO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,763
Default

I just found something curious in the text files, I came across this before but it never really hit me till now.

There is an unused item called 'GPS Save Game' and here are some of the lines I also found related to it:

Lara "I could place a GPS here."
Lara "This'd be a good place to drop a GPS."
Lara "Save game here using a GPS."
Lara "I'm going to need those GPS's down here"

Seems to me that the save anywhere system was a late feature. Lara could previously pick up GPS's and carry them with her to save anywhere you liked but they'd be limited. Basically it was a TR3 PS1 save system. How would you have liked that? It certanly would've made the game a little harder
KIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-14, 15:22   #323
AdenClements
Historian
 
AdenClements's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Natla's left breast
Posts: 294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIKO View Post
I just found something curious in the text files, I came across this before but it never really hit me till now.

There is an unused item called 'GPS Save Game' and here are some of the lines I also found related to it:

Lara "I could place a GPS here."
Lara "This'd be a good place to drop a GPS."
Lara "Save game here using a GPS."
Lara "I'm going to need those GPS's down here"

Seems to me that the save anywhere system was a late feature. Lara could previously pick up GPS's and carry them with her to save anywhere you liked but they'd be limited. Basically it was a TR3 PS1 save system. How would you have liked that? It certanly would've made the game a little harder
"I'm going to need those GPS's down here" is still in the files, it's 0001AC01.wav

The line is in the Louvre Storm Drains, and I never realized the GPS was a save game system, I thought it was going to be something to do with the Louvre infiltration (Due to the location of the sound file)

Cool find
__________________
Drink too much from a bottle marked 'poison' it is certain to disagree with you
AdenClements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-14, 15:54   #324
MicheleMouse
Explorer
 
MicheleMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Hungary
Posts: 762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIKO View Post
Seems to me that the save anywhere system was a late feature. Lara could previously pick up GPS's and carry them with her to save anywhere you liked but they'd be limited. Basically it was a TR3 PS1 save system. How would you have liked that? It certanly would've made the game a little harder
!!! Brilliant, I really like that idea!
MicheleMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-14, 16:06   #325
KIKO
Relic Hunter
 
KIKO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdenClements View Post
"I'm going to need those GPS's down here" is still in the files, it's 0001AC01.wav

The line is in the Louvre Storm Drains, and I never realized the GPS was a save game system, I thought it was going to be something to do with the Louvre infiltration (Due to the location of the sound file)

Cool find
Really cool. I tried extracting the sound files myself but I don't know where they get converted to. awd2wav says they've been converted but I can't find them anywhere
KIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-14, 18:02   #326
Aurimas
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,059
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIKO View Post
Really cool. I tried extracting the sound files myself but I don't know where they get converted to. awd2wav says they've been converted but I can't find them anywhere
Did you run AWD2WAV as administrator? I think you need to run it as administrator if you have Windows 8.

Last edited by Aurimas; 19-04-14 at 18:13.
Aurimas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-14, 21:03   #327
KIKO
Relic Hunter
 
KIKO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,763
Default

I used the program through CMD to convert the files just like the instructions told me to. Even if I open the program as an admin it closes right after it opens. I don't know what I'm doing wrong

I tried it again it says Unpacking paris1_streams_std\lots of numbers.wav OK
and this repeats for every sound file there is inside the big file but where do they go? There's no extra folder with the new files... I'm confused

Last edited by KIKO; 19-04-14 at 21:07.
KIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-14, 21:19   #328
Caesum
Tomb Raider
 
Caesum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Poland, Warsaw Gender: Male
Posts: 11,563
Default

if you use some CMD then edit it and check if there's nothing about a custom destination. Anyway as far as I remember you can just move the desired sound file to awd2wav file and it should unpack it automatically.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-14, 21:22   #329
Peterstar101
Professor
 
Peterstar101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 4,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIKO View Post
I used the program through CMD to convert the files just like the instructions told me to. Even if I open the program as an admin it closes right after it opens. I don't know what I'm doing wrong

I tried it again it says Unpacking paris1_streams_std\lots of numbers.wav OK
and this repeats for every sound file there is inside the big file but where do they go? There's no extra folder with the new files... I'm confused
Right-click on the .AWD file, when it says "What would you like to run it with" select more and find AWD2WAV, then it should extract
__________________
We'll all miss you, Spong. R.I.P.
Peterstar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-14, 21:26   #330
Aurimas
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,059
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIKO View Post
I used the program through CMD to convert the files just like the instructions told me to. Even if I open the program as an admin it closes right after it opens. I don't know what I'm doing wrong

I tried it again it says Unpacking paris1_streams_std\lots of numbers.wav OK
and this repeats for every sound file there is inside the big file but where do they go? There's no extra folder with the new files... I'm confused
It may be enough just to move each file on AWD2WAV. I remember I had the same problem but I do not remember how I solved it. You probably have to run Command Prompt as administrator then. If this will not solve the problem, try to run AWD2WAV in compatibily mode.

Last edited by Aurimas; 19-04-14 at 21:31.
Aurimas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 19:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.