www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 19-12-19, 11:42   #811
_Seth
Archaeologist

I guess Americans needed a little bit of extra help on where to go.
Old 23-12-19, 03:33   #812
Girafarig32
Professor

^ Typical brit response

----------

Some more little things...

1. Lara can interact with the angel statue in the graveyard from the front before the upgrade but not after.
2. Lara can stealth against an opening door like in the Bio Research Facility, and you can even use this to clip out of bounds once the door is fully open.
3. In the PS2 version, the enemy in the first pool area of the bio research facility is impervious to scorpion ammo. This is not the case for the PC version.
4. The mutant person thing in the same level (second section) can be kicked into the hole that drops you into the pool of water. The enemy dies however. Interestingly, some enemies can fall into water and not die, like the rats in the storm drains.
5. You can turn the fan in the storm drains once or twice to get the power up, but I don't think you get two power ups, if this makes sense.
6. It is known that Lara carries whatever weapon she had holstered in the louvre under siege level into von croy's apartment. Most weapons still function (albeit without sound) except for the darts and the tazer-- I believe.
7. Old glitch, but in case some didn't know Lara can catch on fire in the PS2 version but not lose any health, usually in the sanctuary of the flame level.
8. When jumping or diving between transitions in hall of seasons and sub-levels, Lara will sometimes flip directions from the initial jump, diving toward the screen instead.
Old 23-12-19, 08:57   #813
Zelda master
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girafarig32 View Post
^ Typical brit response
Old 23-12-19, 17:00   #814
Girafarig32
Professor

^ It was a joke....
----------

Correction on #3, all of these enemies with the jumpsuit getup are not harmed by the scorpion x but still receive knockback.
Old 23-12-19, 17:19   #815
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
^ It was a joke....
----------

Correction on #3, all of these enemies with the jumpsuit getup are not harmed by the scorpion x but still receive knockback.
So they don't die even if you use all of your Scorpion-X ammo?, did you only use a single magazine on one? as I'm sure the Jumpsuit guys are technically the same as the Strahov Guards. (AKA significantly larger health than other enemies.)
Old 24-12-19, 22:04   #816
Girafarig32
Professor

I've made a video comparing versions using this gun. I'll have to test it on other characters and other levels. I think from my memory it worked in other levels and I know for sure it works against the little rolly-polly guys in PS2 version.

Old 24-12-19, 22:11   #817
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
I've made a video comparing versions using this gun. I'll have to test it on other characters and other levels. I think from my memory it worked in other levels and I know for sure it works against the little rolly-polly guys in PS2 version.

Wow.

Thats pretty bad considering how you don't get it for that many levels. (And only about 5 clips, max if you bought the gun from Luddick without cheating.)

I do wish I figured out how to gameshark the PS2 version emulated, both because I'd like to pass my PS2 copy/cheat disc online to someone who can't emulate it and to make it easier to find all the weird quirks the PS2 version has.

(since you know, hacking the game is the only way for duals, Core seriously should have left them in the game.)

I'm pretty convinced the ammo balancing wasn't finished for the last levels, early on it's good as you don't get a massive amount (unless you find the hidden area in the sewers that leads out to the park.) but then they throw more Mag Vega and Viper ammo than you know what to do with, Vector ammo (even though you can't get it back without hacking.) and no Rig 09 ammo.

Also the general overabundance of max-healing health items.

I might boot up my PS2 copy in an hour or so and see if it's useless there too. (both single and dual with the cheat disc.)
Old 25-12-19, 21:37   #818
Samz
Relic Hunter

Well I forgot about it.

But I checked it now, on the PAL PS2 Version, the Scorpion X, both Single and Dual work fine.
Old 26-12-19, 03:12   #819
Girafarig32
Professor

My copy is NTSC version I believe. This is interesting. I suppose there are more differences than what meets the eye.
Old 01-01-20, 21:39   #820
Girafarig32
Professor

A few more little things in PS2 NTSC version:

Guard in Aquatic Research Area also impervious to Scorpion bullets!

You can completely skip Kurtis going into containment room because you can use the card you pickup in the observing room for both doors.

The hallway leaving the circle hallway in Maximum Containment Area that leads to an unusable door is quite interesting. If you use fly cheat you can see that the other side of the door is where the area after the sinkhole/water jump is.

Anyone have a theory about what's behind the door that's "jammed" in biodome?