www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 03-04-20, 16:03   #1
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray
Default 10 Things I Like That Everyone Hates

So I saw this on Facebook. It’s going around due to everyone being at home and I thought we could use some fun stuff here too!

I’d like to keep this about anything but Tomb Raider. Please do not include any TR related stuff as to not fan any flames! This is meant to be fun and to hopefully bring our little community together a bit! and keep it appropriate, ya nasties

I’ll go first!

1: Elevator music
2: Pickles
3: Olives (both green and black)
4: Halloween costumes
5: Toilet Paper that goes under
6: Wet socks
7: Tetris
8: Courtney Love as a musician (I can’t say for sure if I like her as a person )
9: A nice, dry heat.. Desert weather AND desert landscapes!
10: Getting dirty or muddy. I love plants and doing gardening and it’s really fun!

So what do YOU like?
Old 03-04-20, 16:52   #2
Cochrane
Golden

I can't think of ten, because most of the ones I can think of feel a bit too personal (I have exactly zero confidence when it comes to sharing personal details online. In fact I'm not sure whether I should share even that).

But I do have one: Pineapple on pizza. How has that become such a hot-button issue that so many people are so incredibly judgemental about? Yeah, I know, all that insulting me for liking pineapple pizza is "just a joke" or something, but it's still seriously annoying. I like pineapple on my pizza. I don't give any crap whether you do or do not approve. You're not getting a slice of my pizza no matter what's on it.
Old 03-04-20, 17:02   #3
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochrane View Post
I can't think of ten, because most of the ones I can think of feel a bit too personal (I have exactly zero confidence when it comes to sharing personal details online. In fact I'm not sure whether I should share even that).

But I do have one: Pineapple on pizza. How has that become such a hot-button issue that so many people are so incredibly judgemental about? Yeah, I know, all that insulting me for liking pineapple pizza is "just a joke" or something, but it's still seriously annoying. I like pineapple on my pizza. I don't give any crap whether you do or do not approve. You're not getting a slice of my pizza no matter what's on it.
Haha I do not understand the enjoyment of pineapple on pizza but that’s because I don’t like pineapple in general. BLEGH!
Old 03-04-20, 17:06   #4
Rai

I love pineapple on pizza. It's my favourite kind.

I'm not sure if I can think of ten things either. I'll start a list and add to it if I can think of more.

1, marmite. And that includes twiglets.
2, toilet paper tucked under not over
3, lemon rind.
Old 03-04-20, 17:17   #5
Greenapple968
Relic Hunter

I would probably find it easier to list things that I dislike which most other people like. Also, I would probably find it easier if I don't have to list as many as ten things. Can we change the rules so that we can either post things we like that other people dislike or things we dislike which most other people like? Can we also take out the rule of having to post a total of ten things?
Old 03-04-20, 17:21   #6
Gabi
Super Moderator

I am another one who struggles to think of 10 things.
So, for now, I list what comes to mind:
1. Spinach
2. Brussel sprouts
3. Neil Diamond songs.

I am aware that not everybody else dislikes those, but on the whole they do not tend to be very popular.
Old 03-04-20, 17:49   #7
Cat Woman
Archaeologist

Sour cream (unless in something and I cannot taste it)
Cottage cheese
Salami
Head cheese (sounds awful but never tried it)
Anchovies
Garlic (in big doses)
Beef- cooked rare
Olives (big ones, but the little green w/red pimento ones I can tolerate)

Beer
Rye

Rap music in general (definitely w/foul language)

Edit: Apologies to those who like Rap.
Edit: As Gabi pointed out I read the question wrong. These are things I don’t like.

Last edited by Cat Woman; 03-04-20 at 18:23.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-20, 18:06   #8
Gabi
Super Moderator

Cat Woman, if I understood this correctly, these are things you dislike.
However, you are meant to list things that you like and others generally don't.
Old 03-04-20, 18:13   #9
Cat Woman
Archaeologist

Yes, guess I didn’t read the question correctly. Maybe people can comment if they do like these items that I don’t.

Edit: Maybe not food, but I like scuba diving with sharks, bungee jumping off high places, and I fought a real bull in Spain (at a nightclub and no, the bull didn’t die).

Last edited by Cat Woman; 03-04-20 at 18:19.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-20, 18:45   #10
Cochrane
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
Haha I do not understand the enjoyment of pineapple on pizza but that’s because I don’t like pineapple in general. BLEGH!
Well, to each their own and to me all the pineapple!

(Actually I do have limits on how much pineapple I can stomach. Pineapple lemonade: Never again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenapple968 View Post
I would probably find it easier to list things that I dislike which most other people like.
I guess that's the case for all or most of us. Disliking is easier than liking, isn't it? At least for me. If I go, "I hate this thing", I have all the power. If someone else goes "but I like it", I can just shrug it off. But if I say "I really like this thing!" then that gives someone else the option to go, "that thing is bad and/or stupid, and you should feel bad for liking it", and then I will feel bad. At least that's how it is for me, and I get this nagging feeling that people are judging me for what I like even if they don't post anything at all.

Okay, I'll try nine more after all:

2. Stuffed animals, way more than would normally be considered appropriate for someone of my age and gender. I don't care, I like them.

3. Self-isolation. I'm arguably too good at that in general, and it would probably better for me if I were less enthusiastic about it, but at least right now, I have an excuse.

4. Typing stuff into my computer. Like, just, the physical act. I will type out long command lines over and over again where everyone else has already spent the five minutes automating it, because I genuinely don't mind that much. Maybe "like" is the wrong word here, but it's still something others hate that I don't.

5. The TV show "Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Chat Noir" (more commonly known as "Miraculous Ladybug"). It is really mediocre at best in most ways, and I could name you many much better shows even just in the narrow field of western animation for kids (new DuckTales, She-Ra, Carmen Sandiego…) but I just really love the characters. Other mediocre TV shows that I love because I love the characters include RWBY and Killjoys.

6. A super-specific model railroading thing that won't mean anything to between 95-100% of people reading this, but still: Kato's choice of making their RhB stuff in 1:150 scale in 9 mm gauge. I suspect most people actually like that choice, they're just not very vocal about it, all you ever hear is from the people who are like "it should have been 1:160, and ideally 6.5 mm, for accuracy". I get where they are coming from, but for someone who just wants a little bit of Swiss flair on their N layout, this is absolutely great, and the proportions work well in practice. MDS has the better Ge 4/4 II, though.

7. Keeping old calendars up, apparently. I still got ones from 2019 and 2018 in my living and bedroom. Yes, that is indeed the point where I have run out of ideas and started looking around my room for things.

8. Maths. So many Youtube videos out there are like, "I'm sorry about all the maths!" when they do a multiplication, or "there's lots of complicated maths" when all they really have is quadratic growth. Screw that. Give me the formula. In fact you can probably explain most formulas relatively easily if you just do it quantitatively and ignore the units. Don't apologise for allowing us to actually follow your line of thought. (Do apologise for using imperial units. That **** has no place in the modern world.)

9. Alfa Romeo. The actual car brand, not the rebranded Swiss formula one team, I don't give a damn about those guys. Can't even manage to paint the car red, is that really too much to ask? They should have gone for DTM, or at least given factory support to the WTCR guys… Sorry, got distracted. Lots of people like Alfa Romeo, in theory, but most of those will reject the idea of actually buying and driving one, and honestly, the latest sales numbers are absolutely horrible. But I have been a fan since 1993, and I love my 2016 Giulietta, even if it doesn't exactly get a lot of exercise at the moment.

10. Since we're on the topic and I've run out of good ideas: The movie "Cars" by Pixar. While undoubtedly popular, I get the feeling that many people look down upon it. Not me. I think it's an under appreciated gem, and most people who criticise e.g. it's admittedly lacklustre plot or characters don't understand what the movie is actually about or why it appeals to people. Note that I am emphatically not including Cars 2 in this. That movie deserves all the hate it gets and then some.