www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 07-03-20, 18:49   #1
wayneout
Hobbyist

Default Stuck at the top in the Forge

I made it the top of that tower in the Forge. All I had to do was swing over to that round tower, pull down the lever, shoot the gas coming from the lion? head, and then go to the right to jump onto the ledge where the coffin is.
Here is what I happened to me. I swung over to the round tower. Pulled down the lever and then realized that I had forgot to turn the gas on. The lever to turn the gas on is on the other side. Lara even says that she has to get to the other side to turn it on. My problem is that I can't get to the other side. There is a ledge with white paint that I can jump to but it is a dead end. I tried to jump to what seems like a small ledge next to the lions mouth but I just die. Next I tried to throw the rope going back the way I came. I died about 20 times trying that. The best option seemed to be a cart down on a lower level that you could shoot with a fire arrow and it would come close to you but I died many times trying to jump to it. I came real close. Every time that I did, I go right back to the center. They had to know that some people would forget to turn on the gas, so there must be another way back. I do not want to start over because it is tough enough to get this far. Any ideas? Thanks.
wayneout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 21:03   #2
Cat Woman
Archaeologist

I found out that where you find the mural The Hidden Past Story, there are stairs leading down from the landing that take you back to the lower levels. If you drop down you are unable to climb back up the same way. You have to swing over to the ledges surrounding the tower, use the counterweights to raise the ledges and reach the doorway on the north east side of the cavern, like you did before. Then retrace your route back to the area w/the last jaguar head switch and mural.

Not sure if this helps. Maybe you have a previous checkpoint saved. You might want to check Stells’s Tomb Raider site.

Last edited by Cat Woman; 07-03-20 at 21:05.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 02:36   #3
wayneout
Hobbyist

Thanks I will try it.
Old 08-03-20, 16:30   #4
wayneout
Hobbyist

I found the answer so I thought I would share it with anyone who has the same trouble.
Jump back to the only ledge that you are able to jump to. (it has the white paint on it) Go to the left. At the end of the ledge you will find a platform looking out over the canyon. To the right is a pendulum with a head with gas coming out of it. Shoot the gas with a fire arrow and the pendulum will swing toward you. Jump on it and it will take you back down. Now it is just a few steps before you will be able to turn the gas on and jump back to the tower.
Old 09-03-20, 14:16   #5
Cat Woman
Archaeologist

Glad you found an easier way and didn’t have to go all the way to the lower levels. I’m sure you’re not the only player that forgot to turn the gas on.