Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 12-08-18, 17:09   #71
Joey79100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
Not only that, it also introduces new bugs. There is more texture and object flickering and sometimes the textures are missing altogether! There's also the infamous crash at the start of Kazakhstan. Overall it feels like the next-gen option was a little rushed. This game was clearly designed and tested to be played in the basic settings. I admittedly never played it on the ps3 though, so I can't say if those issues remain present on that version.
XBox 360 was better than PC Next Gen, it had bugs fixed and additional things that were missing on PC. That said, I really doubt they would have released a game with crashes like that, since consoles had only one "mode" (testers would have noticed, and we would've heard about it).
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-18, 17:48   #72
Maverin

^ I see, thanks for pointing that out. It's a pity they didn't create a patch for the PC as well while they were at it. I'll go watch some footage from the Xbox360 to see if I can spot some of those small differences

EDIT: they most definitely fixed some graphical issues. Most obvious to me were the plant pots at the beginning of Japan, on the PC next gen they flicker pretty bad while they do not at all on the xbox360. It looks great on the console!

Last edited by Maverin; 12-08-18 at 19:07.
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-18, 21:55   #73
Kirishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
XBox 360 was better than PC Next Gen, it had bugs fixed and additional things that were missing on PC. That said, I really doubt they would have released a game with crashes like that, since consoles had only one "mode" (testers would have noticed, and we would've heard about it).
I don't think so. From the sounds of this thread, it is much more stable, but it had a number of issues. Kazakhstan's motocycle chase is a graphically buggy mess in places, the framerate is low in alot of places at any resolution higher than 480p (especially when using the flashlight), voices glitch during the time trial in Ghana(probably a good thing), you can barely see models due to a lack of lighting on them if you're browsing them in the extras, plus any issues the next gen graphics engine had in the other ports.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-18, 00:19   #74
Ward Dragon
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
I don't think so. From the sounds of this thread, it is much more stable, but it had a number of issues. Kazakhstan's motocycle chase is a graphically buggy mess in places, the framerate is low in alot of places at any resolution higher than 480p (especially when using the flashlight), voices glitch during the time trial in Ghana(probably a good thing), you can barely see models due to a lack of lighting on them if you're browsing them in the extras, plus any issues the next gen graphics engine had in the other ports.
My understanding is that the Xbox 360 version was made by Crystal directly, and then the PC next-gen mode was ported from that and had a lot of glitches. In my own experience, I had a lot of problems with PC next-gen (especially during the bike chase in Kazakhstan which was unplayable for me until I turned off next-gen mode), but the 360 version didn't have any of those issues when I played it.
Ward Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-18, 19:23   #75
charmedangelin

I play with it off, everything looks werid to me with it on, plus the original graphics just have a certain charm about them.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-18, 04:53   #76
JoelCaesar

I prefer the non-next-gen Lara model so I play with it off.
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-18, 08:04   #77
Maverin

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I play with it off, everything looks weird to me with it on, plus the original graphics just have a certain charm about them.
Couldn't have said it better myself
Old 23-08-18, 13:49   #78
strawberry22

I always play with it off because the PC version looks weird in Next Gen. However the 360/Xbox One next gen is gorgeous I must admit.
strawberry22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-18, 09:20   #79
CroftManiac05

Always off. The environment is nice, but they shouldn't have changed Lara's textures so much...
CroftManiac05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-18, 11:15   #80
Maverin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroftManiac05 View Post
Always off. The environment is nice, but they shouldn't have changed Lara's textures so much...
When I first played the game, I'd usually turn in on. But looking at it now everything looks like plastic and the environments darkened. Next-gen off definitely has a better, more optimized look.