Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 14-02-19, 15:25   #331
Emix

I just finished 2nd Episode and i liked it a lot. Imo. it was better and more interesting than first. I got that ending where Daniel had to use his power to save Chris. But i am fine with that. It's better than that horrible 3rd option.

Hopefully we won't have to wait 4 months for 3rd Episode. I am really excited about what's next.
Emix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-19, 01:16   #332
Athukraz

^ I got the same ending, I consider it bad (2 bad endings and a good one).

- Sean and Daniel get seen
- Grandparents might get in trouble and arrested
- Chris will be considered like an alien with powers or something (the cop saw that and survives, you can see him getting out of the car) he will think it was his doing and he and his father will be questioned.

Last edited by Athukraz; 19-02-19 at 01:17.
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-19, 16:18   #333
DragonSlayer

I wish they would speed up releasing the other episodes, I'm waiting for the inevitable retail release so I won't have to wait to play the next episode until then I'll be working on clearing my backlog.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-19, 16:31   #334
Athukraz

Honestly my hype is dying the wait is ridiculous and episodic games should stop existing. I can barely get attached to the characters. I'm happy I discovered the first lis when all the episodes were out.
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-19, 17:02   #335
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
Honestly my hype is dying the wait is ridiculous and episodic games should stop existing. I can barely get attached to the characters. I'm happy I discovered the first lis when all the episodes were out.
By the time I first heard about the first Life is Strange 3 of the 5 episodes had been released soon waited for the retail version, I got Before the Storm from PSN then when the retail version of Before the Storm came out I got that too because I wanted the CD and artbook.

That's why I'm waiting for the retail version of Life is Strange 2 I want whatever extras will be included in the box.
Old 19-02-19, 17:52   #336
tomee

I don't mind waiting, but not THIS much. I played LiS1 when all episodes were already out, but BtS as the episodes released and BtS had a stead 8 weeks per episode schedule, which felt just alright. LiS2 though... I wish they just held back the first couple episodes, so that they could have a shorter and steadier schedule.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-19, 22:49   #337
DragonSlayer

I've just been looking at the dates of the episodes released so far, episode 1 was released on September 27th 2018 and episode 2 was released on January 24th.

Assuming that there is going to be a 4 month gap between each episode being released it could be January next year before episode 5 is out unless they speed up the release schedule, I'm calculating and guessing the 4 month release gap between episodes judging by the number of months between the release of the first two episodes.

I'm open to correction on when the remaining episodes might be released.

Episode 3 could be released anytime between February and May, episode 4 could be released anytime between June and September and episode 5 could be released anytime between October 2019 and January 2020.

I wonder does each episode get developed after the release of a previous episode or have all 5 episodes already been developed and the only thing Dontnod is doing at the moment is testing each of the three remaining episodes for bugs and fixing those bugs while making tweaks to each episode to minimise or eliminate potential bugs prior to release.

While they do that we're twiddling our thumbs like Homer Simpson in the comet episode of The Simpsons waiting for the remaining episodes and the inevitable limited edition.
Old 20-02-19, 01:06   #338
tomee

I'm going out on a limb here and say that maybe the holiday season pushed the release date further than intended. EM closed down for 2 weeks, so Dontnod might have closed for as much or even longer as well.

They are most definitely making the episodes on the go. I know for sure voice acting for ep2 was done only in December so the 2 months before must have gone into script writing and map/environment designing. The only thing they have laid down for sure is the story.

Either they didn't think this through or Square is rushing them (wouldn't be surprised about that). Considering the huge gap and the fact episode 2 came out very glitchy still somehow is a bit alarming. I feel they should've at least developed the first three episodes before launch to relieve themselves of some of the pressure and to reduce the gaps between each episodes.
Old 20-02-19, 10:51   #339
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
I'm going out on a limb here and say that maybe the holiday season pushed the release date further than intended. EM closed down for 2 weeks, so Dontnod might have closed for as much or even longer as well.

They are most definitely making the episodes on the go. I know for sure voice acting for ep2 was done only in December so the 2 months before must have gone into script writing and map/environment designing. The only thing they have laid down for sure is the story.

Either they didn't think this through or Square is rushing them (wouldn't be surprised about that). Considering the huge gap and the fact episode 2 came out very glitchy still somehow is a bit alarming. I feel they should've at least developed the first three episodes before launch to relieve themselves of some of the pressure and to reduce the gaps between each episodes.
Who or what is EM?

I don't mind the occasional glitch in games as long as they are not game breaking glitches, the only glitches I got in LIS was in Before the Storm when a line of dialogue from the end of the first episode appeared on screen at the end of the second episode and in the original Life is Strange when I got a black screen when I loaded the beginning of episode 2 from the main menu.
Old 20-02-19, 19:31   #340
tomee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
Who or what is EM?
Eidos Montreal

Quote:
I don't mind the occasional glitch in games as long as they are not game breaking glitches, the only glitches I got in LIS was in Before the Storm when a line of dialogue from the end of the first episode appeared on screen at the end of the second episode and in the original Life is Strange when I got a black screen when I loaded the beginning of episode 2 from the main menu.
I was lucky enough to not counter major glitches as well. The only thing that happened to me were the laundry clipping through Sean's body as he was opening a door and grandpa mumbling/grunting as if we weren't in the middle of a conversation.

Episode 2 WAS rather unpolished though. Probably the most unpolished episode at launch in the series. SFX sounds were randomly looping when they weren't supposed to do. Tons of shadow glitches. Characters floating above ground. Characters going invisible. I've watched a bunch of playthroughs after I finished because I'm always curious what choices people make and a lot of players did experience jarring bugs.