Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 03-11-17, 23:21   #11
GeekOfComedy

How hard would it be to transfer TRNG to TR5 in terms of patches. Was the entire engine re-written for TR5 or only bits here and there like would the trigger stuff be an easy move.

EDIT: I always thought TR4 was better engine, I remember something about the TR5 engine pushing the limits of itself or something or was that just polygon count for PS1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Which is honestly preferable. They fixed a lot of bugs in the TR5 engine, and made massive improvements to the animation system. We should really be working with that, not TR4.
What anim improvements?

Last edited by GeekOfComedy; 03-11-17 at 23:23.
GeekOfComedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-17, 23:31   #12
Boobandie

It just pushed the PS1 to its limits. Which is irrelevant now anyway. TRNG games wouldn't run on the PS1.

The major improvement is that it uses floating points instead of integers. It's been discussed on here before but it makes animations very smooth. TR4 ones are quite shaky.

And I don't think it should be hard to patch TR5 with TRNG features. Paolone basically just told the old Tomb4 to look to the .dll he created, and with the TR5 decompliliation project they could just be written in properly along with FLEP and TREP patches.

Last edited by Boobandie; 03-11-17 at 23:33.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-17, 18:10   #13
zdimension

okay so there's a brand new shiny version

https://mega.nz/#!eARiVKAT!pq7RpJkEH...kIuqw8gsJGwKIM

adds:
  • not working first person mode
  • some useful tabs
zdimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-17, 18:39   #14
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdimension View Post
okay so there's a brand new shiny version

https://mega.nz/#!eARiVKAT!pq7RpJkEH...kIuqw8gsJGwKIM

adds:
  • not working first person mode
  • some useful tabs
I'll check it out for sure. Yesterday I was having fun infiltrating the top surface of the submarine
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-17, 18:44   #15
zdimension

by the way I don't remember if it was in the previous release

I added some brand new shiny key binds. it's with the numpad

8-2 and 4-6 = move X and Z respectively
+ and - = move Y (height)
* (star) = enter dozy mode
/ (divide) = enter half-dozy mode (you're immortal like in dozy, but you're still walking. warning: while in half dozy mode you can't do anything else like pressing buttons, using keys or shooting with weapons)
to exit dozy or half dozy use shift as usual

when you start the trainer, attach and don't forget to turn on "auto refresh" or everything will explode

for best experience, go into "minimap" tab and click the button
Old 18-06-19, 09:09   #16
mizuno_suisei

I know this thread is two years old now but this little tool is magnificent!! I've just spent the last 45 minutes having a really good time. This is the kind of stuff mostly limited to PSX and gameshark, so I thank you muchly! I hope this has inspired you to work on more or other trs.

Two things -

More FYI for everyone, TR5trainer exe must be run in Administrator mode or it wont pick up the PCTomb5 process.

Also, your ROOM number changing function. I've played with it but can't seem to grasp what it does.
I'm actually hopeful it could completely teleport her. I have a modded Andrea1.trc, in which a flipmap trigger is now corrupted post mod and inside the flipped room I want Lara to access (maybe using your tool), there is a cutscene and end level trigger.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-19, 11:10   #17
zdimension

wait, so people are really using this ? damn ^^. The original idea was just to make a tool that would allow fiddling around in PC TR5 to help me decompile the game, but I didn't think someone would find it useful.

It only works on the TR5 GOG version because it's the one I had on my computer at the time, and I don't plan on supporting other versions at the moment, mainly because I'm lazy but if you want I can try.

The room number changing function is a bit useless, I put there to stay consistent (so that all values are editable) but basically no matter what you put in it, the game will refresh it from the position of the player. The only case where it can really affect the game is when rooms overlap. Example: Great Wall (TR2) there is an area underground (near the zipline, before the T-Rex) where two rooms overlap. If Lara is in one of those rooms and you change the room ID to be the other one, it will "move" Lara to that other room (though she will not move, only change rooms)

Also if you want more features I'd gladly add them
Old 23-06-19, 19:06   #18
TempleOfHorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
I know this thread is two years old now but this little tool is magnificent!! I've just spent the last 45 minutes having a really good time. This is the kind of stuff mostly limited to PSX and gameshark, so I thank you muchly! I hope this has inspired you to work on more or other trs.

Two things -

More FYI for everyone, TR5trainer exe must be run in Administrator mode or it wont pick up the PCTomb5 process.

Also, your ROOM number changing function. I've played with it but can't seem to grasp what it does.
I'm actually hopeful it could completely teleport her. I have a modded Andrea1.trc, in which a flipmap trigger is now corrupted post mod and inside the flipped room I want Lara to access (maybe using your tool), there is a cutscene and end level trigger.
If you want teleport to Lara any room, open level in trview (https://github.com/chreden/trview/releases), go on place where you want teleport Lara - it will show you coordinates. Then change Lara X,Y,Z coordinates and number of room in trainer.

Last edited by TempleOfHorus; 23-06-19 at 19:08.
TempleOfHorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-19, 04:12   #19
mizuno_suisei

Thanks for the replies I managed to fix my particular issue a few days ago so the room change isn't on my mind anymore

I'm a little stumped more people haven't seen this and that you think it's not desired. This is EXACTLY what we need. Love to our fellow devs but there are so many engines and builders...we need advanced level editors and TRAINERS! and this works great! Dont stress about GOG. most players are using it and it's the easiest obtainable version online.

I'm not sure if you're open to suggestions but things like moon/gravity jump, climb all walls..taking ideas from gameshark codes. It's not just all about unlimited ammo, let's get to those glitched up areas and find more goodies you know?

Again, I love this! I wish I could use it for all the classics haha
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote