www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 20-12-18, 21:49   #13801
Portugalraider
Professor

This whole "everyone has their own paid streaming service" is going to be so much a shot in the foot regarding piracy, it's wont even be funny...
Old 21-12-18, 13:49   #13802
Soma Holiday
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
Vikander - in addition is now a voice member on that new puppet show on Netflix.

Hollywood is a tough business.

But now that she's team Netflix maybe they will green light a sequel for her?

The Dark Crystal?? Thats actually a HUGE deal!! That has a huge following and is one of netflix most ambitious projects to date! The original movie is a cult classic so many people are hyped for the new prequel show. Myself included!! The Dark Crystal is my favorite movie of all time! awesome news!!
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-18, 21:41   #13803
AimlessThunder
Professor

The more I look at it, the more I feel that this may be the only movie based on the first three rebooted games. Sort of like Assassins Creed. A one off.

They planned a trilogy, but the audience just wasn't there, at least for Tomb Raider.

I feel that we should have heard something about the sequel by now..
I mean if by March next year there will not be anything new regarding the movie, it's a safe bet to think that we won't get another one with Vikander.

I hope that I am wrong though.

Who knows maybe they will give this a go years from now.
Old 21-12-18, 23:06   #13804
Ellioft
Professor

Assassin's creed have cost more than Tomb Raider and was a flop so relax if there something it will be announced on convention in the summer like the comic con and not before I think. ^^
Old 22-12-18, 03:31   #13805
TrustyBow
Professor

If we get a sequel, I'm fairly certain we won't get it until 2021. It wouldn't make any sense to do it any other time, as that's the 25th anniversary of the franchise and the 20th anniversary of the original movie. That being said, if it were to come that year, I doubt it would start pre production any earlier than late 2019/early 2020. If that's the case, we probably won't hear an announcement until around summer time.

Still holding on to hope If we don't hear anything by fall next year, I'd say it's safe to assume a sequel isn't happening.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-18, 07:26   #13806
FanosCroft
Professor

I am so stressed about a potential sequel omg...
Old 22-12-18, 09:17   #13807
ActuallyArlow
Explorer

Just re watched the movie. Am comparing Anna from Rise to personally LOVE the way they unfolded the villain reveal on her better in the film. The way Lara asked 'do we own all these companies?' and slowly looked up at Anna in horror. Real ' Dun dun duuh' moment for me. Plus it was refreshing to see a female antagonist after Lara fighting so many men on that island.
Old 22-12-18, 12:05   #13808
FanosCroft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActuallyArlow View Post
Just re watched the movie. Am comparing Anna from Rise to personally LOVE the way they unfolded the villain reveal on her better in the film. The way Lara asked 'do we own all these companies?' and slowly looked up at Anna in horror. Real ' Dun dun duuh' moment for me. Plus it was refreshing to see a female antagonist after Lara fighting so many men on that island.
Tea
Old 22-12-18, 12:37   #13809
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma Holiday View Post
The Dark Crystal?? Thats actually a HUGE deal!! That has a huge following and is one of netflix most ambitious projects to date! The original movie is a cult classic so many people are hyped for the new prequel show. Myself included!! The Dark Crystal is my favorite movie of all time! awesome news!!
Wow! I wasn't even born when The Dark Crystal came out but for some reasons I loved that movie; I had no idea they were making a prequel!
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-18, 12:51   #13810
Soma Holiday
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
Wow! I wasn't even born when The Dark Crystal came out but for some reasons I loved that movie; I had no idea they were making a prequel!
Yes!!! I loved it as a kid i wasnt born either but we had the VHS. Its become my favorite movie and has gotten a huge cult following since all the kids who loved it have grown up. it even has comics and novels out set in the world!

So far theyve released a teaser and some character pics for the prequel. The cast is actually full of well known actors so excited Alicia is gonna get in it her voice is so lovely!

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt6905542/?ref_=m_nmfmd_act_2
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote