www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 29-10-16, 11:28   #5811
ashka
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelphoenix View Post
Nah, to be completely fair, I had the link saved just in case it might've been useful in the future...
TBH you don't need an old post to see their "good" relations with the classic series. Look at every TR20 event this year, if you filter out cosplay gatherings (don't even get me started on favoritising one part of the fandom over others) they will have a "20TH ANNIVERSARY PANELLLLL" with 1 person from Core (Nathan) or Eidos (Debbie Lash) +7 people from Crystal. Wow so Core much classics.
Whilst events like PLAY Expo weren't properly promoted (posting an article a day after press release is the only thing they did). Re-tweeting costs nothing and they didn't do that even.
There are many examples that I could mention but I can't due to NDA but I think PLAY is the prime example of how much they really care about the 20th anniversary or the respect they have for Core Design. They invest more time and effort into the aforementioned cosplay gatherings than the largest gathering of Core Design (and fans worldwide for that matter).

Pierre is here btw
http://tomb-of-ash.com/post/15246018...y-edition-maya
ashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-16, 11:36   #5812
Zebra
Legend

^OMG ! He looks different from how I imagined he would but not at all in a bad way. I love that they kept the pin-up girl on the back of his jacket (and that they didn't make him bloody bald ) and the knee pad is a cool touch. Thanks SO much for sharing (to you and, of course, to the person who sent it in) !

Last edited by Zebra; 29-10-16 at 12:45.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-16, 11:40   #5813
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

How far did they get with remodelling the characters and enemies, I wonder? We've seen the Atlantean concepts and if I may say so the brief flythrough of Atlantis (and the released textures) didn't exactly tally up with those concepts.
Old 29-10-16, 11:44   #5814
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
^OMG ! He looks different from how I imagined he would but not at all in a bad way.
For me it's the other way - he looks exactly how I expected Pierre to look. But yes, he looks great and I prefer him this way than bald. He looks like a rogue like Lara. It would have been nice to add some stealth and have Lara incapitate him rather than just shoot at him (as in TR1).

Thank you for showing this.
Old 29-10-16, 11:55   #5815
Hazelphoenix
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashka View Post
TBH you don't need an old post to see their "good" relations with the classic series. Look at every TR20 event this year, if you filter out cosplay gatherings (don't even get me started on favoritising one part of the fandom over others) they will have a "20TH ANNIVERSARY PANELLLLL" with 1 person from Core (Nathan) or Eidos (Debbie Lash) +7 people from Crystal. Wow so Core much classics.
Whilst events like PLAY Expo weren't properly promoted (posting an article a day after press release is the only thing they did). Re-tweeting costs nothing and they didn't do that even.
There are many examples that I could mention but I can't due to NDA but I think PLAY is the prime example of how much they really care about the 20th anniversary or the respect they have for Core Design. They invest more time and effort into the aforementioned cosplay gatherings than the largest gathering of Core Design (and fans worldwide for that matter).

Pierre is here btw
http://tomb-of-ash.com/post/15246018...y-edition-maya
Never had a single doubt that Crystal doesn't care about Core's accomplishments, it really shows from their work, their initiatives and their remarks during interviews. Lamperski's post was simply a further evidence for their lack of respect, nothing that I wasn't already aware of tbh.

This 20th anniversary only proved to be worthy thanks to fans like you, had it been for Crystal it would've turned into a complete bore-fest and cosplay centric celebration, but I'll forever be grateful for you efforts in giving us something truly amazing and, most importantly, aimed at those fans who felt left out for the past 13 years.

Back to AE... Pierre's model is fantastic! Can't quite believe we're receiving so many goodies now
Hazelphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-16, 11:57   #5816
ashka
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelphoenix View Post
Never had a single doubt that Crystal doesn't care about Core's accomplishments, it really shows from their work, their initiatives and their remarks during interviews. Lamperski's post was simply a further evidence for their lack of respect, nothing that I wasn't already aware of tbh.

This 20th anniversary only proved to be worthy thanks to fans like you, had it been for Crystal it would've turned into a complete bore-fest and cosplay centric celebration, but I'll forever be grateful for you efforts in giving us something truly amazing and, most importantly, aimed at those fans who felt left out for the past 13 years.

Back to AE... Pierre's model is fantastic! Can't quite believe we're receiving so many goodies now
We have more stuff still!
ashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-16, 11:59   #5817
Alex Fly

Quote:
OMG thanks for posting. He looks perfect and very faithful to the original !
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-16, 14:39   #5818
MicheleMouse
Explorer

Wow, he looks great. But doesn't he seem more realistic than Lara?
MicheleMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-16, 15:08   #5819
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Wow, absolutely fantastic! Obviously Core once again nailed it with his new, fresh look. This is Pierre I have always imagined.

Crystal Dynamics should really learn from it. They were never even close to the amount of talent Core Design had.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-16, 15:14   #5820
Xopax

Quote:
That is too perfect.
And is that a HQ version of TR1's shotgun he has?

Last edited by Xopax; 29-10-16 at 15:16.
Xopax is offline   Reply With Quote