www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 30-07-15, 18:47   #21431
robm_2007

I didn't even think of them further making Leon annoying or a Ada a sly Mary Sue Mary Lou Retton. I'd rather she really be a coy civilian with a secret mission, but don't be a romantic tease.

What I think this would be is an experiment for "classic" RE style games. REmake and Zero are testing the waters, but the next step is to try their own REmake game instead of just re-releasing an existing one. That'll be their attempt at seeing what they can do and what sort of feedback they would get.
Old 30-07-15, 18:47   #21432
ECB
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
I mean, Leon goes the toilet for a **** and there's Ada hovering over him wanting a sniff. So give her a full game and show what she does on her own.
So true... She does need her own story/campaign on her own.
Old 30-07-15, 18:51   #21433
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
What I think this would be is an experiment for "classic" RE style games. REmake and Zero are testing the waters, but the next step is to try their own REmake game instead of just re-releasing an existing one. That'll be their attempt at seeing what they can do and what sort of feedback they would get.
I've been saying/thinking this since they announce the Remake port. An it's something I don't mind them doing, if it fails, they could easily say that did it for hardcore fans. If it doesn't fail, well then great they know they could go back to the roots with Resident Evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECB View Post
So true... She does need her own story/campaign on her own.
It's true though, even in the films. I was shocked as hell that Ada wasn't in Resident Evil: Degeneration but boom there she was in Resident Evilwhatever it was called). Oh an look, Leon was in it as well. Also in the live action films, there's Ada and boom, there's Leon.
Old 30-07-15, 19:02   #21434
SrDanielPonces

Quote:
It's true though, even in the films. I was shocked as hell that Ada wasn't in Resident Evil: Degeneration but boom there she was in Resident Evilwhatever it was called). Oh an look, Leon was in it as well. Also in the live action films, there's Ada and boom, there's Leon.
Resident Evil Damnation

But yeah, you are right...

Resident Evil 2: Leon and Ada. New characters. Not bad.
Resident Evil 4: Leon is the protagonist. BOOM, there's Ada.
Resident Evil Damnation: Leon as the protagonist as well. BOOM, ADA!!
Movies of RE: Leon is there... BOOM, ADA AGAIN!
Resident Evil 6: Leon and Ada are back again... and BOOM! They are like 30-40 years old and act like teenagers: still flert to each other!!!

They really should have sex and then stop being so desesperate!!

I hope Leon dies anyways

What I most hate about Resident Evil are obviously the fanboys of leon.. sooo annoyingg lmao

Last edited by SrDanielPonces; 30-07-15 at 19:03.
SrDanielPonces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-15, 19:04   #21435
HRHCroft
Explorer

Barging in here! Personally, I think if they want to continue the "R.E" title, a proper reboot is in order. I admit that I haven't played all of the games, but as a fan of the franchise, I keep up to date with the different storylines, characters and so on. They've gotten so very messy as the years have gone on. Between the gameplay itself changing, edging the games into different genre categories, the endless REmakes and side-games...

I really think they should wipe the slate clean and start fresh. And not with another remake of the first game, like the Gamecube update of the original. A proper reboot. I know the very concept is pretty tired at this point but I believe it becomes a necessesity for long running franchises. Even if sometimes it could be done a lot better than it is... ahem.
HRHCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-15, 19:11   #21436
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
Resident Evil Damnation

But yeah, you are right...

Resident Evil 2: Leon and Ada. New characters. Not bad.
Resident Evil 4: Leon is the protagonist. BOOM, there's Ada.
Resident Evil Damnation: Leon as the protagonist as well. BOOM, ADA!!
Movies of RE: Leon is there... BOOM, ADA AGAIN!
Resident Evil 6: Leon and Ada are back again... and BOOM! They are like 30-40 years old and act like teenagers: still flert to each other!!!

They really should have sex and then stop being so desesperate!!

I hope Leon dies anyways

What I most hate about Resident Evil are obviously the fanboys of leon.. sooo annoyingg lmao
Look at you, copying my boom's lol .

Yeah I agree with you though, they need to get together or have sex or something. In fact, they need to drop the sexual/flirtation between them. It's gone from being funny and witty to down-right annoying. I don't want Leon to die exactly, I just want him to retire or at least have a holiday, a very long one at that.
Old 30-07-15, 19:13   #21437
SrDanielPonces

Quote:
Look at you, copying my boom's lol .

Yeah I agree with you though, they need to get together or have sex or something. In fact, they need to drop the sexual/flirtation between them. It's gone from being funny and witty to down-right annoying. I don't want Leon to die exactly, I just want him to retire or at least have a holiday, a very long one at that.
I am not creative enough to make my own BOOMs

But yeah, I think Leon should be off the games for a while. It's really annoying to see him almost everywhere.
Old 30-07-15, 19:24   #21438
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
But yeah, I think Leon should be off the games for a while. It's really annoying to see him almost everywhere.
I want to see Carlos to make a return, I know most people didn't/don't like him but it would be nice to see what he has been up to lately lol. Other than that, I wouldn't mind a few more new characters because I think all the old ones have been overused. I'd say they should bring back Claire but then I'd be afraid that they would over use her.
Old 30-07-15, 19:45   #21439
SrDanielPonces

Fortunately Claire and Barry were good in REv2 without being overused

I wonder why, though...
Old 30-07-15, 20:12   #21440
dcw123

Personally, I wanna know what happens to Rebecca after RE0 and RE1.

The last we heard of her was in RE2 N64 Extra Files (she visited the R.P.D at some point prior to RE3 and files a report on Billy)

I know she's had cameos - but I wanna know where she is in all this..
The novels (while not official) were a nice touch, and the only real view of her after the Mansion Incident in 1998.

Claire needs to be used a bit more in the games too IMO - Leon, Chris, Jill and Ada can go on the backburner for a bit for all I care.. They're used too much. I love Jill (her REV1 sections were pretty awesome), but they changed Leon's personality and I can't stand him now (RE2 was the best 'persona' IMO)
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote