www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 08-12-17, 13:34   #26911
shockwave_pulsar00

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
I've read some "insider info" or whatever online..
Not sure how reliable it is.. but said person has had success in the past..

So apparently RE2 remake is still on track, but Capcom are struggling and are behind scedule.
According to the info, at the moment, the game doesn't feature the zapping system and doesn't have A and B scenarios for both characters. Only one each..

If this is true, and Capcom are trying for a more coherent storyline (like Darkside) you can bet they'll give the harder scenario B to Leon coz he's the "tough man"

So sick of his macho RE4 type persona now.. they need to make him like he was in RE2 - likable LOL

Hope we get some news soon.. and some extra stuff since this is a remake and a celebration of sorts.
I'd want to see Extreme Battle make a return for thoae who missed out on PSX versions.
I'd also want some kind of Seperate Ways thing for Ada and maybe even Sherry too.. see their side of the horror.

And they better have the original costume designs. Not the awful redo's from the modern games.
Claire's I can live with, but Ada in her RE4 attire doesn't match the story of RE2 - being an undercover civilian.

A lot of fans are holding out for this one. Maybe this is why we haven't heard anything. Capcom must be really trying on this one.. I hope
This news has honestly what I've hoped wouldn't happen. I've said this before somewhere, but Capcom acts like they're remaking Final Fantasy 7... how the hell are they behind schedule? As a remake where they should have to only add things, for them to be behind suggests mismanagement.

The problem with scrapping the scenario system means that now they have to have one character you have to play first over the other. So we don't even get to make a choice for our favorite character anymore.

I'm also in agreement with you, I'm worried that Leon will get the better campaign and Claire will get sidelined to just be his cheerleader... Or worse they take parts of Claire's scenarios and give them to Leon just so he actually had something to do instead of constantly trying to catch up with all the women in the game. I'm also afraid her game will be easier of the two...just because she is a female character.

Them taking out features from a game from over 20 years ago doesn't sit well with me.

As for the character designs, Leon needs to lose the shoulder knife holster and it should be moved to his waist.

Ada better lose her RE4 design entirely and get her short bob hair style, her flats and black leggings back. I've always hated how her RE2 out was redone. It looked ridiculous in Darkside Chronicles with the cover story she went for.

Claire needs to go back to her BIKER look...stop trying to make cowgirl Claire a thing Capcom! You can take the sidebag and cowboy boots and burn them because I want her knee high biker boots back damn it! While I prefer her original coloring from RE2, I'd be ok with the blue denim shorts if they change the boots back. I'm also ok with her midriff showing and the sunglasses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
Doesn't giving Claire the scenario A make Sherry's infection canon as intended though?...
While Claire A/Leon B is generally considered the most canon, parts of the inverse are also canon. It's how like Chris and Jill's campaigns were canon, but were a combination of both stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
Am I the only one so frustrated by these rumour news stories building up hype and then we get no news! Lol

I am a latecomer to Resident Evil and I got into it properly around this time last year. I've been following the news on RE2 remake ever since and I assume there's literally been nothing aside from the fake news every now and then...

People suggested it'll come out in early 2018 to be released on its 20th birthday but that's coming really soon, and we still have no annoucements at all. Do you think they could do a very fast announcement with the release coming super shortly after? Usually games seem to rely on a lot of hype and advertising campaigns to produce good sales. Somehow if we still have nothing at this point it may be much longer before RE2 remake is released. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch if Capcom as indeed behind schedule.
RE2 will probably be out next year but it definitely will not be at the beginning of the year with its 20th anniversary. I honestly think Capcom is going to wait until 20-22 of January to actually show off the game.
Old 10-12-17, 12:05   #26912
Grimaldi
Professor

Just a heads up, it looks like full End of Zoe gameplay is up on YT. Only a few days until official release though, feeling pretty hyped.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-17, 13:32   #26913
Hazelphoenix
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post
Just a heads up, it looks like full End of Zoe gameplay is up on YT. Only a few days until official release though, feeling pretty hyped.
Yep, watch out for spoilers, guys!

Iíve watched snippets of gameplay skipping a lot of parts and avoiding all the cutscenes just to get the gist of it and it looks very good. Thereís one thing or possibly two that donít convince me but Iíll probably talk about them when the dlc is officially out. Canít really pass judgment based on two seconds of me watching random bits... pretty hyped as well For Not a Hero in particular.
Hazelphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-17, 14:32   #26914
shockwave_pulsar00

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
So on that Reddit leak, the part for Street Fighter was true, they've teased the characters listed as coming to the Arcade Edition.
The leak was also right about Sould Calibur 6 AND when it would be shown AKA the game awards. They even mentioned the character tease at the end of the trailer. So now I'm really wondering how much more is true about RE2.
Old 11-12-17, 16:50   #26915
FearEffect
Relic Hunter

I've watched the Not a Hero Cutscenes.
Not only did the change his face... they changed everything his character. He's so emotionless now... he has an empty regard and expressionless face compared to RE6. I just can't believe how different RE7 Chris and Vendetta Chris are.

They keep saying we re-designed him, all they did is scan Geordie Dandy's face. I don't remember Naughty Dog changing Nathan Drake nor any other characters that much in UC4. There's no excuse for what they did, just lack of talent and passion.

FearEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-17, 16:56   #26916
redfox45

Why do I hear the Home Improvement grunt when I see that picture on the left? xD
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-17, 17:19   #26917
BeautifulMan
Archaeologist

i hope RE2 REMAKE wont use this facial scan technology. Seriously theyre gonna ruin every single character :/ Redfields has been ruined, now its time for Leon and Ada
Old 11-12-17, 23:40   #26918
Grimaldi
Professor

Downloading NaH now, hope End of Zoe is worth the £11.99 price.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-17, 06:18   #26919
ESCachuli
Professor

"is not easy to find someone who looks like Chris"

Cof Cof David Boreanaz Cof Cof.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-17, 09:29   #26920
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

David Boreanaz does remind me of Chris, a lot actually

I actually like RE7 Chris. He looks quite different yes, but at least he looks realistic IMO. They could have used Roger Craig Smith for his facial scan then just made him more handsome and Chris like. I wonder if they carry on with this face scan technology if they'll get Julia Voth for Jill. I really don't see why not. She's very unknown too so it's not like she's a celebrity out of their reach.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote