www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 22-01-20, 00:45   #31891
Daft Raider

Itís controversial because boob and also leg.

0/10. Hot outfit but also slut so weíre not allowed to like it. :/
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-20, 00:59   #31892
LateRaider
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldt View Post
On a pseudo-RE topic, I've just ordered the original Dino Crisis for PS1 .

Anyone played it?
love it. don't like any of the sequels. i'm looking forward to the Classic REbirth mod for the PC version that Loboto3 AKA Gemini is doing.
Old 22-01-20, 01:02   #31893
Lord Lulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
Is that a rhetorical question? See: the whole debate behind the outfit.
Well only half rhetorical. I really didn't want to go look up the debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post
Itís controversial because boob and also leg.

0/10. Hot outfit but also slut so weíre not allowed to like it. :/
So it is like Resident Evil's version of what happened to Lara Croft.
How sad that what is acceptable to like has become so narrow.
Old 22-01-20, 01:18   #31894
redfox45

I never liked it, I just tollerated it.

Even as early as her second game i'd already built a basic idea of the kind of person Jill was, and that didn't fit it at all. It always just felt like an excuse to put something sexy on the game cover to help shift units.

Also that dainty little run she does drove me nuts.
Did they teach you how to run like that while you were training for the special forces Jill?
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-20, 04:43   #31895
matrix54

Jill was always portrayed as feminine but tough. I can see Jill wearing what she wore in RE3 outside of work. Maybe not during the incident, but we donít know what happens to Jill prior to the introduction of the game - itís supposed to be her ďcivilian clothes.Ē

The intro, to me, looks like she was out but only had time to grab what she needed and she left. Back during RE3, we didnít really have as much established canon as we do now. Since this segment of RE3 is before RE2, it was probably to be assumed that this was intended to represent the start of the outbreak.
Old 22-01-20, 16:37   #31896
ESCachuli
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54 View Post
Jill was always portrayed as feminine but tough. I can see Jill wearing what she wore in RE3 outside of work. Maybe not during the incident, but we donít know what happens to Jill prior to the introduction of the game - itís supposed to be her ďcivilian clothes.Ē

The intro, to me, looks like she was out but only had time to grab what she needed and she left. Back during RE3, we didnít really have as much established canon as we do now. Since this segment of RE3 is before RE2, it was probably to be assumed that this was intended to represent the start of the outbreak.
Not even by the events of RE3 the outbreak was starting. There were documents already in RE2 talking about several days before RE2/RE3 events, saying how the outbreak was starting before Raccoon City was completely infected.

I just don't believe Jill of them all didn't prepare for the day of RE3. I just can't. I mean, the moment Jill knew about the infection reaching RC, she would be preparing for the escape or for helping the people. I just don't see where the tube top fits in there.

Clarification, RE3 starts September 27. The infection starts September 24. Im quite sure Jill can choose a better outfit than the one she wears in RE3 than a tube top and a skirt.

Also, the OG RE3 outfit wasn't glaringly stupid because of 3 points:
1. RE wasn't that realistic. Now it is a lot more realistic (and TBH I like it more now, but that's down to my opinion).
2. Related to the previous point but not exactly the same: the graphics made everything more "believable" since you had to fill the gaps with your imagination. You didn't question the outfit choice. Now, with the graphics R3make has, everything is more obvious.
3. The moment the game was launched. 2020 isn't 1999, people has changed, tastes have changed, we now have a lot more information and references.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-20, 17:55   #31897
michaeldt
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
love it. don't like any of the sequels. i'm looking forward to the Classic REbirth mod for the PC version that Loboto3 AKA Gemini is doing.
I was looking at Dino Crisis 2 and 3 and they look... so different- too action-oriented. Idk, if I enjoy the first, maybe I'll try the second but def not the third.
Old 22-01-20, 18:07   #31898
Daft Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCachuli View Post
Not even by the events of RE3 the outbreak was starting. There were documents already in RE2 talking about several days before RE2/RE3 events, saying how the outbreak was starting before Raccoon City was completely infected.

I just don't believe Jill of them all didn't prepare for the day of RE3. I just can't. I mean, the moment Jill knew about the infection reaching RC, she would be preparing for the escape or for helping the people. I just don't see where the tube top fits in there.

Clarification, RE3 starts September 27. The infection starts September 24. Im quite sure Jill can choose a better outfit than the one she wears in RE3 than a tube top and a skirt.

Also, the OG RE3 outfit wasn't glaringly stupid because of 3 points:
1. RE wasn't that realistic. Now it is a lot more realistic (and TBH I like it more now, but that's down to my opinion).
2. Related to the previous point but not exactly the same: the graphics made everything more "believable" since you had to fill the gaps with your imagination. You didn't question the outfit choice. Now, with the graphics R3make has, everything is more obvious.
3. The moment the game was launched. 2020 isn't 1999, people has changed, tastes have changed, we now have a lot more information and references.
Maybe Jill just didn't think about it that hard? She threw on something comfortable that gave her the ability to move. Idk, it was a dangerous situation, of all the things she was thinking about, I doubt what she was wearing was that big of an issue on her mind.

I for one, will be using the classic outfit day one on my first playthrough. What better way to wreck the Nemesis than in a skirt and tube top?
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-20, 18:20   #31899
ESCachuli
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post
Maybe Jill just didn't think about it that hard? She threw on something comfortable that gave her the ability to move. Idk, it was a dangerous situation, of all the things she was thinking about, I doubt what she was wearing was that big of an issue on her mind.

I for one, will be using the classic outfit day one on my first playthrough. What better way to wreck the Nemesis than in a skirt and tube top?
Really? Please, do the opposite. Picture yourself in a situation like hers:
3 days with zombies on the street, you get yourself prepared, and you really don't think what are you going to be wearing? I just don't believe it.

I mean, I would think about it. And I'm not a cop. She is. Sorry, but I just don't buy that reasoning. At least the "she was in a night out with her friends" is just wrong on another level, I would buy that one if it was the case (tho it isn't).
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-20, 18:26   #31900
LateRaider
Archaeologist

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldt View Post
I was looking at Dino Crisis 2 and 3 and they look... so different- too action-oriented. Idk, if I enjoy the first, maybe I'll try the second but def not the third.
What bothered me about the 2nd the game is that there's no reason to replay. As far as I remember, there are no additional difficulty modes nor is there any form of New Game+. If you do play Dino Crisis 2, you might wanna make it a one-and-done type situation.

Last edited by LateRaider; 23-01-20 at 04:01.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote