www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 28-08-18, 14:18   #13311
Portugalraider
Professor

Eh, just shows that things can mean different stuff to different people.

Besides, I really can't see reboot Lara as a tough bartender. At least not before Yamatai
Old 28-08-18, 15:42   #13312
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

It’s 51% now on Rotten tomatoes!

You might be asking WTF? Well RT is basically allowing more high quality journalists in as more of them work freelance, the old way they were only allowed to have reviews if published in approved publications.

I still don’t think it won’t get to 60% but I think being in the 50s is fine. I think we can work with that.

Last edited by GeekOfComedy; 28-08-18 at 15:43.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-18, 15:45   #13313
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

51% for a video-game movie is amazing. It's better than a lot of non video-game movies these days even. And it's only 9% off being fresh. So very close.
James_Rutland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-18, 16:00   #13314
iWANEX
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
51% for a video-game movie is amazing. It's better than a lot of non video-game movies these days even. And it's only 9% off being fresh. So very close.
Can you imagine if it reaches 60%? That would be glorious.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-18, 19:09   #13315
.:Tirivol:.
Professor

I re-edit some parts and went on. I also made a thread in the Fanart section, I would love to hear your opinion there

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show....php?p=7960655

Quote:
THE BEGINNING - LARA'S LIFE BEFORE YAMATAI

Lara is a young girl in her twenties, a college student that barely makes the month. She works also as a bartender in a small pub in East London to pay her studies, but her life couldn’t be any more still. Her family – both of her parents are dead, Ana is her tutor/stepmother - is rich, but Lara doesn't want any money from them. She wants to be independent and she desperately wants to prove that she can make it just by herself.

We follow Lara into a day of her life: she goes to college with Sam, her dearest friend, studying archeology, and after a long day of classes, Lara leaves her apartment to start her turn at the pub. As always, Lara's joined by Sam and a few of their friends. She serves drinks to them and as they begin chatting and joking loudly she do what she does best: watching people’s life behind a glass.

Later that night, when the pub is almost empty, Lara finishes her turn and joins her friends. They’re speaking about their lives and what they want to achieve. The discussion turns inevitability on Lara: how is the preparation to the long-awaited trip in Japan going? Sam breaks out the news that they finally have found a person that is interested in founding the trip: Dr. Whitman, a small TV star who films documentaries, offered to pay them, but in exchange he wants the exclusivity of their discovery: the lost city of Yamatai.

Lara smiles at the news, but the group of friends show their doubts about the whole thing: maybe she should stop living in a dream and try to live her life at her best. Lara stays in silence but suddenly she can’t take it anymore. Semi drunk, she burst out of rage, getting angry at her friends: what do they know about what she really wants? She feels empty, without a goal. Her life is still, immovable. That trip is the only thing that gives her hope!

Lara suddenly leaves the bar. Sam goes with her and she offers to walk her home. Sam tries to comfort Lara. We see how much she cares for her, but even when Lara starts to have doubts about her true intentions, she doesn’t know what to do.

“Sam, maybe they are right, maybe I’m wasting my time”.
“Lara, at some point we have to face up to who we are and who we're meant to be”.

Reached Lara’s apartment, Sam says goodbye to her. Lara enters and falls asleep immediately. This is her lowest point in her life. She’s a lost soul.

Lara wakes up to a blurry image of a blond woman. It’s Ana, her stepmother, who looks shocked at some papers on Lara’s desk. Every single one of them, talks about either Yamatai or Himiko.

“Don’t do this to me, Lara. Don’t go down this road…”
“It’s none of your business”.
“It is! It’s this kind of things that drove your father to--”.
“I’m not my father!”.

Ana speaks to Lara as a caring mother: she’s worried that Lara could follow her father’s step and become obsessed with the supernatural and the research of the immortality. Lara put down her foot and by doing this, she realizes what motivated her in the first place: she wants to put her mark on the word. She doesn’t want to be remembered as the daughter of the “crazy” Richard Croft. She’s Lara. Irrupting the discussion with Ana, Lara rushes to her phone and calls Sam.

“Call Whitman, we’re doing this”.
.:Tirivol:. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-18, 21:05   #13316
Portugalraider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Tirivol:. View Post
I re-edit some parts and went on. I also made a thread in the Fanart section, I would love to hear your opinion there

It is better, but I will give some suggestions on your thread!

I'll just say here that I still prefer the courier job, but I like the "watching people through a glass" angle: gives an anthropology take on the job that does fit Lara
Old 28-08-18, 21:18   #13317
b.gluch
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Eh, just shows that things can mean different stuff to different people.

Besides, I really can't see reboot Lara as a tough bartender. At least not before Yamatai
Same, TR2013 Lara being a bartender was really random and not fitting with her character imo, she came across as more reserved and introverted in the games. Alicia however had more charisma and was just overall someone who enjoyed socializing with others, she wasn't afraid to get down and dirty so it would've been more fitting in the movie.

Game Lara should've been a bike courrier, movie Lara could be both and it would be in line with her personality
Old 28-08-18, 21:30   #13318
SoraSakai
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Tirivol:. View Post

It's better.

You know why it's better? Because you played the games and you actually give a ****.

Last edited by Admles; 29-08-18 at 00:57. Reason: CC removed
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-18, 21:33   #13319
scremanie
Tomb Raider

You can still be introverted and be in a social job. I’m rather antisocial and introverted, but I work in retail, serving over 100 people a day. Out of work, I keep to myself a lot, but that doesn’t mean I won’t try and talk to people/lack the skill to talk to people. Lara could be the same.
Old 28-08-18, 21:34   #13320
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
It's better.

You know why it's better? Because you played the games and you actually give a s**t.
The director have played the game too soo...

You can't say they don't give a **** also the studios has pushed the director and producer to add supernatural.