www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 19-12-18, 19:21   #13791
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

It's nice that the films is now on Netflix for the Christmas period, gives me hope enough audience will watch it and give it a cult following to kickstart some sort of sequel, reboot or series on the platform.
Old 19-12-18, 19:57   #13792
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

Vikander - in addition is now a voice member on that new puppet show on Netflix.

Hollywood is a tough business.

But now that she's team Netflix maybe they will green light a sequel for her?
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-18, 20:02   #13793
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

We can hope. I'd hate for another AOD/COL 2003 slump were everything goes quiet and fizzles out.
Old 19-12-18, 22:20   #13794
Portugalraider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimlessThunder View Post
I agree. But they still can add Roth and Jonah down the line.
As much as I like him, Roth would be almost impossible, at least as the same kind of "mentor character". And if he is not that, what's the point of him?

Jonah could work, but I'm afraid that he would just become redundant, since Lu Ren has already taken the role of Lara's sidekick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
Vikander - in addition is now a voice member on that new puppet show on Netflix.

Hollywood is a tough business.

But now that she's team Netflix maybe they will green light a sequel for her?
Alicia was "team Netflix" the moment her next big project was going to be a Netflix movie. So if Tomb Raider indeed goes stream-only (though I think it would perhaps be a mistake considering international BO was actually good, maybe a reverse-Annihilation situation would be the best) I think Alicia could still be up for it.
Old 19-12-18, 22:33   #13795
Ellioft
Professor

Alicia does have dub for a videogame ? Right ? I have read this information somewhere but I can't figure it out the name of the game,she was a narrator.

Anyway I think we should know something the next year maybe in conventions.
Old 19-12-18, 22:39   #13796
Portugalraider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
Alicia does have dub for a videogame ? Right ? I have read this information somewhere but I can't figure it out the name of the game,she was a narrator.

It wasn't exactly a game I think, but she did narrate a VR project. And I do agree, we either have something announced next year, or we don't get anything at al.

I mean, it just makes sense: 2021 is both Tomb Raider's 25th anniversary and the first movie's 20th anniversary. If we are going to have something, it will definitely be during that year. So I can see the announcement and pre-production starting in 2019, filming during 2020, with the movie being released in 2021. But of course, assuming we are actually getting something.
Old 19-12-18, 23:47   #13797
TrustyBow
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post

I mean, it just makes sense: 2021 is both Tomb Raider's 25th anniversary and the first movie's 20th anniversary. If we are going to have something, it will definitely be during that year. So I can see the announcement and pre-production starting in 2019, filming during 2020, with the movie being released in 2021. But of course, assuming we are actually getting something.
Yeah that'd be a terrible missed oppurtunity if they don't. Actually, the reason why we have't heard anything may be because they plan to release it that year but it's too early to say anything.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-18, 07:18   #13798
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

If Warner Bros shot with streaming in mind for the US and had limited release in Europe and China through their new Legendary partnership they could cash out quickly on a sequel. Legendary are masters at appealing to a Chinese audience and are part owned by a Chinese company so the temptation is there for another Tomb Raider movie. Lara Croft VS supernatural creatures + Daniel Wu +Chinese cinema release = $$$

Going forward an adaption of Dagger of Xian would make huge money although it would be pandering.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 20-12-18 at 07:33.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-18, 08:31   #13799
relevance
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post

She was also an executive producer: https://www.engadget.com/2018/04/18/...rdens-wake-vr/

And this new Netflix series got an epic voice-cast: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6905542...=nm_flmg_act_2
relevance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-18, 20:34   #13800
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

Quote:
"But even as Disney cuts content ties with Netflix (and vice-versa), there’s plenty more where that came from, says Juenger. “CBS, Sony, Lionsgate, MGM all seem to see Netflix as opportunity, not threat,” he says, adding that Viacom and its Paramount studio are “setting up new business units specifically” to license content to Netflix and other streamers."
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...t-year-1170646

At least MGM is also in the Netflix camp.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote