www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 18-04-16, 17:31   #1881
stohrendorf
Hobbyist

Disclaimer: Don't expect too much. This is a screencast from a pre-pre-pre-pre-alpha version. The only (buggy) functionality you see is the only functionality implemented right now. The future of this irrlicht branch is uncertain, and it's only a "proof of concept" for now (although I love working on this and breaking things, again).

Hopefully this will answer the questions for details

http://earvillage.net/ot_irr.mp4
stohrendorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-16, 19:35   #1882
Cochrane
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
I can imagine they will, but I thought it's more future-proof approach to lighting than replicating the original system.
Is future-proof a goal? I mean, if level builders want future proof, Unity and friends are just around the corner. My understanding was always that the point of this was running the old games, and running levels designed to be more or less like the old games. That "more or less" certainly gives some leeway for changing stuff, but at the expense of the old games looking like they're supposed to? Not sure that's a good trade-off to make.

For what it's worth, I'm thinking the decision to use Bullet for physics in OpenTomb was already a problem. It seems to me like an awful lot of work went into hacks to make a physics engine work with an animation system that assumed there's no such thing as physics engines. Bullet is definitely the right choice for any new game, but treating TR like a new game with a few exceptions only ever leads to bugs.
Old 21-04-16, 18:57   #1883
Dustie
Relic Hunter

My understanding was that the goal was to create a close replica of the engine which is compatible with the original levels, but has the code out in the open specifically to allow modifications. A different lighting system would be one of such modifications I can see coming as one of firsts anyone would try to introduce. Thus, I thought omitting the original system and going straight after a more modern one was a considerable option in case it was troublesome to implement.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-16, 19:54   #1884
l3igl3oss
Explorer

Hey guys, I'm having this weird problem that the game won't run (TR3).

Quote:
trying to compilelibpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
Old 24-04-16, 05:20   #1885
Tombraiderplay

When i run the exe tr3's jungle loads and i can't load anything else... plus i can't use objects ( ie : the indra key .. i cant put it in) ... plus i can't change the controls...help ?
Tombraiderplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-16, 05:58   #1886
Koldman
Hobbyist

I also hope this project goes somewhere. I own the steam versions and they don't really run that great.
Koldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-16, 19:34   #1887
stohrendorf
Hobbyist

I don't know about OpenTomb itself, but TeslaRus is working on his original engine, and I'm seeking ways to kill Lara in a completely rewritten playground, so it is not practically dead, but it surely needs some leadership.

stohrendorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-16, 13:52   #1888
Ado Croft
Historian

Wau, Tesla Rus uploaded other update of this engine and lot of things were fixed. Thank you so much Tesla Rus
Ado Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-16, 00:26   #1889
Lwmte
Archaeologist

Can you maybe provide us some video with all the new features, or maybe compiled exe for Windows users?
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-16, 00:56   #1890
Zreen001
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stohrendorf View Post
I'm seeking ways to kill Lara in a completely rewritten playground
It always comes back to finding ways to kill her, isn't it?