www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Comics

Old 03-04-18, 22:04   #1101
Richard_Croft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
Coimbra!
How nice! I've been there quite a few times in the past, it's such a lovely city!
I know it had two comic book stores at some point, but one of them closed and now there's only Dr. Kartoon. Have you ever been there? It might have the newer Tomb Raider comics!
Old 03-04-18, 22:21   #1102
Portugalraider
Professor

Hey, what about in either Braga or Guimarăes?
Old 05-04-18, 01:16   #1103
Richard_Croft
Professor

^ Ah, Guimarăes, I was there last summer! Love to visit the castle grounds and Penha every time I'm nearby! <3 Never been to Braga though
Sadly, I don't know any stores in those cities, but you have Mundo Fantasma in Porto and they have most recent comic releases.
Old 10-04-18, 13:22   #1104
Rai

Fanbase Press review of Survivor's Crusade #4, out tomorrow.
Old 10-04-18, 15:31   #1105
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

Great review! Let's just hope they keep the cold locales inside the comics lol
Old 10-04-18, 15:56   #1106
TombRaider2013
Student

The comics annoy me so much they dont even line up with the lara in game and each game now feels unnatural because it doesnt pick up where the others left off. the lara we get in the comics is nowhere near as cool saasy hard or badass like the one we get i game to me they are not canon at all makes no sense that she goes on so many adventures yet in game she stills unprepared nieeve and frightened
TombRaider2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-18, 17:14   #1107
Portugalraider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaider2013 View Post
The comics annoy me so much they dont even line up with the lara in game and each game now feels unnatural because it doesnt pick up where the others left off. the lara we get in the comics is nowhere near as cool saasy hard or badass like the one we get i game to me they are not canon at all makes no sense that she goes on so many adventures yet in game she stills unprepared nieeve and frightened
We definitely haven't read the same Tomb Raider comics.

First, Lara in the comics is exactly how she should be within the timeframe they pass and her personality and experience doesn't clash with the games.

In the comics between TReboot and RotTR Lara is coping with the events on Yamatai, and finds that perhaps danger and adventuring is what helps her cope with her feelings. She starts going somehow prepared for her adventures, but is perhaps not as equipped as she should. She also starts seeing that perhaps her father had some merit on his research on immortality. This goes in line with how Lara was at the start of RotTR, where she is using adventuring and finding the Divine Piece to help her understand what she saw in Yamatai and prove what she saw was real and her father was right, she somehow prepared for adventuring, but not as prepared as she should (trusting the wrong people on Syria and not having guns in Siberia).

In the comics between RotTR and SotTR Lara is starting to get more action capable, and getting in a increasingly darker mental state. That also goes in line with what SotTR seems to be aiming, with a stronger looking Lara that seems perhaps too determined in getting what she wants.

And comic Lara isn't cool sassy hard or badass? She is the most cool sassy hard and badass she has ever been in the Reboot continuity. Especially in the "Spore" and "Choice and Sacrifice" arcs!
Old 10-04-18, 17:28   #1108
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
We definitely haven't read the same Tomb Raider comics.

First, Lara in the comics is exactly how she should be within the timeframe they pass and her personality and experience doesn't clash with the games.

In the comics between TReboot and RotTR Lara is coping with the events on Yamatai, and finds that perhaps danger and adventuring is what helps her cope with her feelings. She starts going somehow prepared for her adventures, but is perhaps not as equipped as she should. She also starts seeing that perhaps her father had some merit on his research on immortality. This goes in line with how Lara was at the start of RotTR, where she is using adventuring and finding the Divine Piece to help her understand what she saw in Yamatai and prove what she saw was real and her father was right, she somehow prepared for adventuring, but not as prepared as she should (trusting the wrong people on Syria and not having guns in Siberia).

In the comics between RotTR and SotTR Lara is starting to get more action capable, and getting in a increasingly darker mental state. That also goes in line with what SotTR seems to be aiming, with a stronger looking Lara that seems perhaps too determined in getting what she wants.

And comic Lara isn't cool sassy hard or badass? She is the most cool sassy hard and badass she has ever been in the Reboot continuity. Especially in the "Spore" and "Choice and Sacrifice" arcs!
All of this!
Old 11-04-18, 02:48   #1109
Sayonel
Historian

I completely agree with Portugalraider.
Sayonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-18, 03:18   #1110
Ellioft
Professor

Same I really like the comics