www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Comics

Old 17-11-16, 18:51   #621
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

I'm really liking the post Rise arc, especially the second one. The Sam storyline is getting pretty interesting IMO.

Also, comic Lara is a ****ing bad ass She is 10 times better than in the games. 'either my acting has improved or this guy is no real doctor' lol I loved this part.
Old 17-11-16, 19:09   #622
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

I still remember when the art for this comic came out, and then the announcement trailer came out right after. Had no idea it was alluding to the trailer lol
Old 23-11-16, 01:00   #623
Rai

Just read #10. Well, well, well, that was revealing.

Really delayed edit: I've just realised the cover doesn't make sense in relation to the story. While we're used to this for the post TR'13 comics, the post Rise ones have had story context covers so far. There is no scene in this issue with Lara under water.

Last edited by Rai; 26-11-16 at 01:40.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-16, 06:12   #624
WolfRaider
Archaeologist

So how lost does Sam get in the issue?

I kind of cracked up at, "and Sam getting more lost every minute..." in the summary.

Probably should catch up with this post rise series someday.

Last edited by WolfRaider; 26-11-16 at 06:14.
WolfRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-16, 06:47   #625
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfRaider View Post
So how lost does Sam get in the issue?

I kind of cracked up at, "and Sam getting more lost every minute..." in the summary.

Probably should catch up with this post rise series someday.
She is slowly losing herself to Himiko. Himiko has almost, if not already, taken over Sam
Old 01-12-16, 19:09   #626
Bomb Fighter
Professor

The Cover and release date for TR archives Pt. 2 was revealed. Coming half a year after the first one, that sucks big time!

https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca...Home&ikwidx=12

Edit: I'm sorry, I know this is not the correct thread but I could not locate the Archives one.

Last edited by Bomb Fighter; 01-12-16 at 19:37.
Bomb Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-16, 02:02   #627
Rai

The Preview for #11 is now available. Released 21 December, just in time for Christmas.

So far no news for any more after #12

@Bomb Fighter, could you also post that in the 20th celebration thread? Or, I could do it, I think it will be seen there by more people interested.

Last edited by Rai; 09-12-16 at 02:07.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-16, 03:36   #628
SamCactus101
Professor

Oh man I've been missing out! Been a while since I read the comics. It's about darn time I get back to them. #11 looks solid. Hope the series has an epic finale instead of a cliffhanger-y one to lead up to the third game.
Old 09-12-16, 21:07   #629
Heidi_w_
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
The Preview for #11 is now available. Released 21 December, just in time for Christmas.

So far no news for any more after #12

@Bomb Fighter, could you also post that in the 20th celebration thread? Or, I could do it, I think it will be seen there by more people interested.
Both Tamaki and Sevy seem to have undertaken new projects, so I'm thinking #12 might be the last until TR11 -- though I hope not. I'd love to see a 6-issue series less devoted to action and more to Lara coping with the events of the last two years; there's been precious little character development in this run so far
Old 10-12-16, 00:37   #630
iWANEX
Golden

I've been enjoying this last arc very much. It's probably the best one so far and the deal with Sam is pretty interesting. Lara is such a badass now and I really like her look lately.

That being said I didn't find any of the storylines remarkable in any sense. Somehow I prefer the story that's been told in the games. The arc in which Lara does theatre was awful. I can't even forgive them for that.

By the way, is anyone reading the Lara Croft and the Frozen Omen comics? I'm currently reading issue 5 and I'm really liking it so far. Lara seems much more mature and resourceful. The way she's drawn is also much better and the story feels like the typical TR quest. 2 things I can't stand though: There's 0 character development and I realize now how dated her classic outfit is. She wears it in every situation and I can't help but notice it all the time. As iconic as it is, it's just not practical. Doesn't make any sense. She wears the same exploring some cliffs or working at the museum, etc. It's ridiculous. The new TR comics added more variation in that department and it just works.

Last edited by iWANEX; 10-12-16 at 02:03.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote