www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 13-02-20, 11:09   #701
Zsott
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakRaider View Post
I'm getting kinda concerned about the legality of this whole thing, because i'm at a state right now where the project literally is Angel Of Darkness, the animations, the geometry, the sound, the music, just on a modern engine with beta stuff recovered.

What do you think?
Bolded part.
Those beta stuff are known from descriptions, videos, screenshots and interviews. The rest are disabled animations, voice lines and objects located in the game.

So, while you are using assets/property of Crystal, you are mixing it up with your creation(s). While Nico's project differs (completely from scratch) your project too falls into the fanmade category.
I think, the same rules applies to you, as to Nicobass. Either way, you could contact Morrigan (tho I doubt she's still around) but maybe she could put a few good words about your project, like Meagan did with Nico.

Other than that, I'd say work on it. Release a demo when you feel like it, to test the waters. I mean, DOX got a small media attention, this can get it too, once it's done.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-20, 21:01   #702
Boobandie
Professor

Also for restored beta content, are you recreating the Parisian backstreets we saw at E3? Or polishing the cut and pasted together one we got in the final game?

Because the street changed a lot, and the big stone wall/arch wasnt there, the street contined to the main road (Rennes building was pasted over it from Parisian Ghetto and you can see where the unfinished road connects) and the side of the street with the raised gated courtyard and large medipack had entirely different buildings.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-20, 07:13   #703
FreakRaider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Also for restored beta content, are you recreating the Parisian backstreets we saw at E3? Or polishing the cut and pasted together one we got in the final game?

Because the street changed a lot, and the big stone wall/arch wasnt there, the street contined to the main road (Rennes building was pasted over it from Parisian Ghetto and you can see where the unfinished road connects) and the side of the street with the raised gated courtyard and large medipack had entirely different buildings.
You will find out in future videos.

Also even tho that might give "spoilers" to a people who want to play it, I feel like I will (once I reached that point) upload a full gameplay of everything I made, before I release the game. Simply because I can't know yet if i can even release the game
Old 14-02-20, 17:25   #704
paulojr_mam
Archaeologist

Oh, if you can't release, to have at least gameplay to watch would be nice.
Old 15-02-20, 00:52   #705
laracroft1997
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakRaider View Post
You will find out in future videos.

Also even tho that might give "spoilers" to a people who want to play it, I feel like I will (once I reached that point) upload a full gameplay of everything I made, before I release the game. Simply because I can't know yet if i can even release the game
Isn't there a way to check for an AoD installation? Like "if you don't own the original game you won't be able to play this" type of thing?
Old 24-02-20, 21:29   #706
ThatNorskChick
Relic Hunter

So I guess I've been away for a while...this blows me away. Wow! I mean WOW. This is beautiful, and I'm very glad to see it's still being worked on!
Old 27-02-20, 13:56   #707
michaeldt
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatNorskChick View Post
So I guess I've been away for a while...this blows me away. Wow! I mean WOW. This is beautiful, and I'm very glad to see it's still being worked on!
Omg you're still here?
Old 03-03-20, 04:54   #708
ActuallyArlow
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatNorskChick View Post
I saw your new video!! Your editing and humor is on point as always
Old 07-03-20, 20:40   #709
FreakRaider
Professor

New YouTube video!

Old 08-03-20, 00:25   #710
dg1995
Explorer

Great work!

Hope you manage to release the first level soon.(If you are planning to release it 1 level at time.)
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote