www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 13-02-20, 11:09   #701
Zsott
Archaeologist
 
Zsott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: France
Posts: 1,826
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakRaider View Post
I'm getting kinda concerned about the legality of this whole thing, because i'm at a state right now where the project literally is Angel Of Darkness, the animations, the geometry, the sound, the music, just on a modern engine with beta stuff recovered.

What do you think?
Bolded part.
Those beta stuff are known from descriptions, videos, screenshots and interviews. The rest are disabled animations, voice lines and objects located in the game.

So, while you are using assets/property of Crystal, you are mixing it up with your creation(s). While Nico's project differs (completely from scratch) your project too falls into the fanmade category.
I think, the same rules applies to you, as to Nicobass. Either way, you could contact Morrigan (tho I doubt she's still around) but maybe she could put a few good words about your project, like Meagan did with Nico.

Other than that, I'd say work on it. Release a demo when you feel like it, to test the waters. I mean, DOX got a small media attention, this can get it too, once it's done.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-20, 21:01   #702
Boobandie
Professor
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,873
Default

Also for restored beta content, are you recreating the Parisian backstreets we saw at E3? Or polishing the cut and pasted together one we got in the final game?

Because the street changed a lot, and the big stone wall/arch wasnt there, the street contined to the main road (Rennes building was pasted over it from Parisian Ghetto and you can see where the unfinished road connects) and the side of the street with the raised gated courtyard and large medipack had entirely different buildings.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-20, 07:13   #703
FreakRaider
Professor
 
FreakRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Austria
Posts: 3,520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Also for restored beta content, are you recreating the Parisian backstreets we saw at E3? Or polishing the cut and pasted together one we got in the final game?

Because the street changed a lot, and the big stone wall/arch wasnt there, the street contined to the main road (Rennes building was pasted over it from Parisian Ghetto and you can see where the unfinished road connects) and the side of the street with the raised gated courtyard and large medipack had entirely different buildings.
You will find out in future videos.

Also even tho that might give "spoilers" to a people who want to play it, I feel like I will (once I reached that point) upload a full gameplay of everything I made, before I release the game. Simply because I can't know yet if i can even release the game
__________________
hi demi
FreakRaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-20, 17:25   #704
paulojr_mam
Archaeologist
 
paulojr_mam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2,092
Default

Oh, if you can't release, to have at least gameplay to watch would be nice.
__________________
#BringClassicLaraCroftBack - a Twitter campaign.
paulojr_mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-20, 00:52   #705
laracroft1997
Archaeologist
 
laracroft1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Somewhere in Brazil
Posts: 2,466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakRaider View Post
You will find out in future videos.

Also even tho that might give "spoilers" to a people who want to play it, I feel like I will (once I reached that point) upload a full gameplay of everything I made, before I release the game. Simply because I can't know yet if i can even release the game
Isn't there a way to check for an AoD installation? Like "if you don't own the original game you won't be able to play this" type of thing?
__________________
Pluie Noir
laracroft1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-20, 21:29   #706
ThatNorskChick
Relic Hunter
 
ThatNorskChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: LV-426
Posts: 5,073
Default

So I guess I've been away for a while...this blows me away. Wow! I mean WOW. This is beautiful, and I'm very glad to see it's still being worked on!
__________________
Live for the sax.
ThatNorskChick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-20, 13:56   #707
michaeldt
Tomb Raider
 
michaeldt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Australia, WA
Posts: 16,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatNorskChick View Post
So I guess I've been away for a while...this blows me away. Wow! I mean WOW. This is beautiful, and I'm very glad to see it's still being worked on!
Omg you're still here?
__________________
"I keep touching things that i shouldn't, I can't help it" - atlanta73, 2014
michaeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-20, 04:54   #708
ActuallyArlow
Explorer
 
ActuallyArlow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatNorskChick View Post
So I guess I've been away for a while...this blows me away. Wow! I mean WOW. This is beautiful, and I'm very glad to see it's still being worked on!
I saw your new video!! Your editing and humor is on point as always
__________________
Cetrion: "A collector of virtues, perhaps"
ActuallyArlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 20:40   #709
FreakRaider
Professor
 
FreakRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Austria
Posts: 3,520
Default

New YouTube video!

__________________
hi demi
FreakRaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 00:25   #710
dg1995
Explorer
 
dg1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 597
Default

Great work!

Hope you manage to release the first level soon.(If you are planning to release it 1 level at time.)
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.