www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 29-06-17, 23:47   #851
Richard_Croft
Professor

I also had a problem with my payment which was then corrected when I changed cards... not exactly sure what the error was about but like @Dustie said, it's probably a limit set in the card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartache View Post
im still waiting for my answer on all the extra stuff i pledged for. the automated (i guess its automated) message only talked about the initial reward
I'm in the same situation as you. I've sent a message regarding an additional pledge made at the last minute but I haven't had a response
Nathan has his hands full with so many backers to check though, so there's that. Let's wait and see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Fly View Post
On Twitter Nathan announced that they are setting up e-commerce on the official Tomb Raider Suite website and that "there will be a subsection of the KS merchandise available, (the non exclusive items) plus some new stuff."
That's nice Hope there's a PayPal option for those who couldn't back the KS as there were quite a few people who missed out because of that.
Old 30-06-17, 04:25   #852
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Fly View Post
On Twitter Nathan announced that they are setting up e-commerce on the official Tomb Raider Suite website and that "there will be a subsection of the KS merchandise available, (the non exclusive items) plus some new stuff."
Slap Classic Lara on anything from a beach towel to a coffee mug to a paper towel holder: I will buy it and I will love it <3
Old 03-07-17, 11:04   #853
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

We did not lose that much.

Quote:
Dear Backers,
It's been just over 1 week since our tremendous success, and Kickstarter has been busy collecting all of your pledges.
We did have a small number of 156 'errored' backers - these are backers which Kickstarter was been unable to collect payment from - but between myself and Kickstarter we have reduced this number down to 43 'errored' backers.
Since we are past the 7 day deadline for rectifying 'errored' payments, these 43 'errored' backers have now been labelled as 'dropped' backers, which means that their pledges have been cancelled and they will have lost their rewards as a consequence.
Although this may seem like bad news and of course I am very sorry to lose them, in fact it is almost insignificant. The 43 'dropped' backers amounts to 1.64% of the total number of backers, and the total amount of lost funds as a consequence is 1815.00.
This will have a minimal impact on our stretch goals but will in no way put the project in jeopardy.
I would like to say at this point, thank you to everyone who has honored their pledges and to those of you who managed to fix your 'errored' payments in time - well done.
We are on our way!
My next task is to confirm all the Add-On purchases. There's quite a lot of these to do, so it may take a week or two to get through them all so please be patient. I will get there.
I will post another update towards the end of this week.
Kind regards
Nathan.
Old 03-07-17, 11:07   #854
Tombraider95
Relic Hunter

Shame for those people, but glad the Project is still way over target!
Old 03-07-17, 11:14   #855
Alex Fly

Yes, glad he didn't loose so much.
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-17, 13:47   #856
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Yay! so glad the bad backers weren't hindering the goal
Old 10-07-17, 11:14   #857
Alex Fly

Arrow

I've just received 2 messages of Nathan on Kickstarter. The first one to confirm the add-ons I grabbed and the second to confirm the addition of e-commerce (mentioned earlier) on the Tomb Raider Suite website that should be in about 2 weeks from now.

Also he added in the first message that the survey regarding the size, design, color of the T-shirts, cover designs for the albums etc will be sent in the next few weeks.

If you didn't get any message from him yet than you can expect some news very soon.
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-17, 14:45   #858
dinne
Archaeologist

I'm one of the culprits And in the meanwhile I'm one of the most excited person that is following the project, even if without receiving rewards.

It's that I'm moneyless completely = 0 €, and the only very little amounts of money that I collect usually are from very unrelevant sources and all in cash. So, I couldn't, I neither had 5 € on all my online accounts (paypal, bank ecc).
I live in Italy so you can image all the matter.
But in August I could have a little job for a month so maybe they'll pay me via bank transfer and I could obtain a copy of a CD. Nathan messaged me saying "ahhh shame on youuuuu" because I had written to him to say compliments ecc (ok, he said it not exactly in this way ahahah) and saying to me that it will be possible to buy some parts of the rewardings on their ecommerce that will be online about in these next days on their website. In this way I will have the possibility to buy a copy of the CD next month.
Shame on me.

When I had money I donated even to the creator of TRNG, and Blender's community and whoever, but now... Ehm...

Last edited by dinne; 14-07-17 at 11:29.
dinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-17, 21:12   #859
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Wheel of fortune I know this firsthand, just don't give up, don't let your worries get the best of you and keep trying. I've learned that's the best thing to do when things aren't going swell This project is a good example too, most people saw the number and expected a fail... and now?
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-17, 14:20   #860
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Dear Backers,

I am pleased to tell you that Kickstarter has now transferred the funds into our bank account.

They have of course deducted their fees and the credit card transaction fees so now we have a clearer picture of the money available for the project.

Over the past 2 weeks, the key focus has been on the support team marking off the Add-On purchases. Please remain patient. We are aiming to finish this process in the next couple of weeks. Once this is done we will know exactly how many of each item of merchandise we need to make, and thus we will be able to determine exactly what we have available for the recording and our stretch goals.

At the moment the estimates are looking very promising. I can safely say that we will be increasing the size of the choir from 20 to 40 voices. This should have a dramatic effect on the final sound. We will also be booking a 5th recording session at Abbey Road which gives us more rehearsal time and the capacity to record more takes. This will have a significant impact on the final recording - quality being our main goal here.

I am also very pleased to tell you that we now have a confirmed date for the recording at Abbey Road now, which is:

Monday, October 16th - 3 recording sessions

Tuesday, October 17th - 2 recording sessions

It’s a little later than we’d hoped for but it was always a potential risk as we detailed in our campaign text. This will have a knock on effect on our November release date for the album, but we will be trying to mitigate that effect moving forward with the scheduling of the mixing, mastering and manufacturing.

So the current line up of people involved in the recording is as follows:

Orchestra: The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

Choir: (tbc)

Conductor: Robert Ziegler

Studio: Abbey Road Studios, London

Orchestrator: Adam Langston

Composer: Nathan McCree

Recording Engineer: (tbc)

In other news, we have also been working on our new website, which will have a new e-commerce page featuring a subsection of the merchandise we offered during the campaign including tickets to the Composer Buffet Reception and of course the T-Shirts.

You will also be able to pre-order the retail version of the CD and Vinyl albums of The Tomb Raider Suite. These retail albums will feature new cover artwork in order to preserve the exclusivity of the albums sold via the Kickstarter campaign itself.

We hope to be going live with this in the next 2 weeks.

The address is: www.tombraidersuite.com

With regard to the Composer Buffet Receptions, we have been working on finalising the details of an amazing venue and we will push out the dates as soon as possible so that those of you who are attending will have plenty of time to plan your journeys. Ideally we would like to have the hard copies of the Gold Ultimate Edition albums ready to give away on the nights of the Reception so we may plan the dates to be a little after our new projected album release date.

I would like to remind you that tickets for the Composer Buffet Reception will be available for purchase via our website and all those attending will have a chance to win one of these very exclusive Gold Ultimate Edition albums of The Tomb Raider Suite.

I will keep you all updated as things move forward.

Kind regards

Nathan.
So we've met some of the stretch goals for sure. The bigger choir wil be awesome and the Royal Philharmonic is a fine orchestra so I'll be happy to hear them take on TR.