www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 15-02-20, 16:23   #2751
TokyoSU
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
Come on, it's honestly not that hard. It's not like you had to go through menus or go into special mode or something. It still makes sense and is intuitive.
yea but TRNG have 1 button and it's F12 not CTRL+A and CTRL+3 :x
and i not say that it's hard with that, just that i think it's more good to have 1 button instead of two.

Last edited by TokyoSU; 15-02-20 at 16:24.
TokyoSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-20, 19:19   #2752
Joey79100
Professor

Adding a separate shortcut would require to add one for all other functions of the same kind, for consistency. And it sounds like an unnecessary thing to do: in many programs, when you want to do an action (that you can do on a specific selection) on everything, you just select all before, using Ctrl+A usually, then execute the action. For example for copy pasting, that's what you would do. That's why a separate shortcut, just because NGLE did so, seems pointless.
However, no selection could mean all selection actually for this kind of commands, since no selection just currently does nothing (correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't tested myself).
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-20, 19:43   #2753
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshySlashy View Post
Greetings. Idk if this was discussed earlier somewhere here, I wasn't able to find anything like that.
So when I play my level without sounds everything is fine. But when I connect sound samples through level settings with my .xml file and launch the level to test sounds, Lara is invisible. I can control her, Lara's footsteps (and other sounds) and static object sounds work as intended, but Lara model isn't here. I have no idea what the reason might be.
*This seems to occur only with BtB Builder packages, but I am not sure.
this happens when you have too many sound samples activated
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-20, 23:03   #2754
Boobandie
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
this happens when you have too many sound samples activated
Oh wow, I used to occasionally have that problem with TRNG and could just never figure out why. Thank you
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-20, 23:21   #2755
Stryke
Hobbyist

I'm having quite a strange issue with some Lara animations. When Lara lights a flare it goes through the floor as if it wasn't lit, also the grenade launcher doesn't work, it shoots blanks, and especially when she lights a flare she gets stuck when she pulls out either her shotgun and the grenade launcher.

I tried to replace my working backup wad that works fine. That didn't work. I'm thinking it's not the wad but something I may have did wrong while working on my level but I can't spot a clue with this one. My level is done, I've only made minor changes. Has anyone ran into an issue like this?

If I delete any room, just one, everything works just fine again.

Thank you
Stryke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-20, 03:09   #2756
Stryke
Hobbyist

Well all I can say is, I deleted a flare item and everything is working again. Maybe it's my objects. I have 1023 items. I get a warning at 1024. I just deleted a different object and it works too. Maybe I was too close to the limit even without the warning.

2/18 - Grenade launcher is working fine now, but I was wrong about my shotgun she still gets stuck. I tried today to copy animations from a working wad and that didn't work either.

Last edited by Stryke; 19-02-20 at 00:08. Reason: update
Stryke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-20, 06:52   #2757
Nemo20
Historian

@Lwmte,

thanks for the Update, and your work.

Last edited by Nemo20; 19-02-20 at 10:54.
Nemo20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-20, 07:57   #2758
MontyTRC
Historian

Yes, TR engine supports max 1024 items.
Flares count as extra item, so weird things happens when you go beyond that limit.
Old 20-02-20, 12:46   #2759
Patricia_S
Student

Before submitting my "issue" i would like to take a minute to express my gratitude to MontyTRC, Lwmte and their whole team for this amazing tool that Tomb Editor is. Honestly, this is so easy to handle, intuitive and spares so much time (even without the copy trigger feature ) ! My current project would never look so good without this tool, so here is a massive THANK YOU ♥

Now the boring part . I use the diagonal floors/walls A LOT for my mountain landscapes. Most of the time these are areas Lara cannot reach. But i get so many warnings during the conversion that there is a short "freeze" .
Is there a way to skip this (i.e prevent the conversion tool from checking all triangles)? And could this eventually lead to problems?

Old 20-02-20, 21:27   #2760
TokyoSU
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia_S View Post
And could this eventually lead to problems?
only if lara can reach the floor
and since it's for montain so no problem