www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-02-20, 16:23   #1001
GiovanniLucca
Historian
 
GiovanniLucca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Brazil
Posts: 252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
Looks lovely.. If it were me though, I'd add a little more contrast and shadows to the trees - so they match the originals.
Add shadows to the roots and make the bark more green.. brighter.

While the quality is amazing, the lack of colour makes the HQ version a little more washed out than the originals
Unless you're after that realistic look - in which case, its awesome as it is.
Are you talking about the tree bark in this last screen?
I believe that the bark looks darker because of the lighting of this environment.The actual texture is a lot brighther than this... The realistic yet familiar look is the goal.
__________________
Tomb Raider III Remaster Project Leader
GiovanniLucca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 13:37   #1002
indigo1993
Hobbyist
 
indigo1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Ireland
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
Looks lovely.. If it were me though, I'd add a little more contrast and shadows to the trees - so they match the originals.
Add shadows to the roots and make the bark more green.. brighter.

While the quality is amazing, the lack of colour makes the HQ version a little more washed out than the originals
Unless you're after that realistic look - in which case, its awesome as it is.
Oh I love the waterfall now! And I personally disagree with that, I think that adding more contrast to the textures would give the game a more cartoony look... I think that as much as tomb Raider has never been a perfect depiction of reality, we can all agree it's always tried to lean towards realism more than artistry like crash bandicoot.

I was wondering however if in the final version of the game there'll be the option to activate some special effects such as depth of field or bloom? I feel TR3 is a game that would benefit so much from Bloom if it's used in small amounts like the sunlight, flare, fire etc. Although I believe this is something not everyone would personally like, I think it would be cool to have as an additional optional improvement.
__________________
Time to put things right and remove the thorn in my side in the process.

Last edited by indigo1993; 12-02-20 at 13:39.
indigo1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-20, 14:16   #1003
TRJTA
Professor
 
TRJTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,883
Default New Temple Ruins Screenshot!



The level is close to being finished

I updated the lighting in this level dramatically, to make the interior spaces look more realistic while still retaining as much as the original colored lighting as possible.
__________________
Tomb Raider III HD Remaster Technical Artist

Last edited by TRJTA; 13-02-20 at 16:07.
TRJTA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-20, 14:21   #1004
TR1249
Archaeologist
 
TR1249's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lost Library
Posts: 1,581
Default

Gorgeous

Small teaser to the Statues, maybe?
__________________
She murdered everybody and I was her witness
TR1249 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-20, 22:22   #1005
JOHN30011887
Student
 
JOHN30011887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: UK, SCOTLAND
Posts: 201
Default

F**king Gorgeous work
__________________
I make Game Icons, Check my Profile page for info :D
JOHN30011887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-20, 18:02   #1006
VictorXD
Relic Hunter
 
VictorXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: ♓︎ Venus ♓︎
Posts: 9,124
Default

Small question: What happened to Lara's hands? Have you guys given up on giving her fingers??looking forward for more!
__________________
Persecution to all non Luds Gate believers may God's wrath fall upon you sinners
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-20, 18:40   #1007
Athukraz
Relic Hunter
 
Athukraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Clown Manor
Posts: 7,033
Default

This is gorgeous
__________________
Clown Movement 2019
Athukraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-20, 20:01   #1008
TRJTA
Professor
 
TRJTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,883
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Small question: What happened to Lara's hands? Have you guys given up on giving her fingers??looking forward for more!
Yes, sadly adding too much polygons will cause glitches to other movables at this point. I didn't find a way to fix it. So for now she will still have block hands. The detailed models are saved though of course, so I hope someone will find a way to stop this glitch from happening, so I can add the models back in.

Thanks for the compliments!
__________________
Tomb Raider III HD Remaster Technical Artist
TRJTA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-20, 06:02   #1009
Ligufaca
Archaeologist
 
Ligufaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJTA View Post
Yes, sadly adding too much polygons will cause glitches to other movables at this point. I didn't find a way to fix it. So for now she will still have block hands. The detailed models are saved though of course, so I hope someone will find a way to stop this glitch from happening, so I can add the models back in.

Thanks for the compliments!
How about making them like the young Lara hands from TR4? Would those cause glitches too? They don't have as many polygons as real fingers, but would still be less blocky.



I made this quickly to see how it would look like with different textures.
Ligufaca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-20, 07:46   #1010
TRJTA
Professor
 
TRJTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,883
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligufaca View Post
How about making them like the young Lara hands from TR4? Would those cause glitches too? They don't have as many polygons as real fingers, but would still be less blocky.



I made this quickly to see how it would look like with different textures.
It's a great idea but I think it's already too much. I tried several things but I'm very very close to the limit right now. But if you want you can send me the hand models in dxf and I'll give it a try!
__________________
Tomb Raider III HD Remaster Technical Artist
TRJTA is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.