www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 08-10-19, 17:51   #6401
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
When they release the trilogy as a whole on the next gen and sell another 10+ millions >>>>

I'm sure that is going to happen

I just hope that when it does all outfits are unlocked and possible to use between games, like using Shadows outfit in TR2013. I also hope they change the lighting system to feature raytracing.

I wouldn't mind it if they replaced TR2013's face with Rise/Shadows as well, though the DE is my favourite version of in-game reboot Lara, consistency would be a nice thing to have.
Old 08-10-19, 18:58   #6402
tomee
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
I wouldn't mind it if they replaced TR2013's face with Rise/Shadows as well, though the DE is my favourite version of in-game reboot Lara, consistency would be a nice thing to have.
I feel like they'd probably just redesign Lara's head again for a next gen update and use that model across all 3 games. If that does happen, hopefully they'd use this model in future games as well for consistency's sake.
Old 08-10-19, 19:15   #6403
Cal20608
Student

Quote:
I feel like they'd probably just redesign Lara's head again for a next gen update and use that model across all 3 games. If that does happen, hopefully they'd use this model in future games as well for consistency's sake.
Same, but if they do that might as well redo that HAIR.
Old 08-10-19, 19:17   #6404
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Honestly I doubt they will be consistent. They will probably develop a whole new model and constantly change it with each game coming out. Even the mobile and spin off games can't agree on a general look for Lara.
Old 08-10-19, 19:33   #6405
GFY2013
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
I'm sure that is going to happen

I just hope that when it does all outfits are unlocked and possible to use between games, like using Shadows outfit in TR2013. I also hope they change the lighting system to feature raytracing.

Yes pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Honestly I doubt they will be consistent. They will probably develop a whole new model and constantly change it with each game coming out. Even the mobile and spin off games can't agree on a general look for Lara.
I'd be happy if they'd go for a Turning Point look, higher polygons in-game etc. Also the hair needs a whole new redesign, hell it'd be even better if they used the same hair from tp Lara, but thats not the best either imo.
Old 08-10-19, 19:44   #6406
Tomb Raidering
Archaeologist

Quote:
When they release the trilogy as a whole on the next gen and sell another 10+ millions >>>>

Thatís unlikely because the PS5 is rumored to be backwards compatible with PS4 games. So people would buy the cheap individual PS4 versions of the reboot games (logically speaking), unless they do a patch to break the PS4 versions on the PS5 on-purpose
Old 08-10-19, 20:04   #6407
tomee
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Hey now. Rise and Shadow were 99.8% identical, they might just finally create a look they're satisfied with and ready to stick to, especially now that cutting edge graphics aren't developing much anymore. Hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
Thatís unlikely because the PS5 is rumored to be backwards compatible with PS4 games. So people would buy the cheap individual PS4 versions of the reboot games (logically speaking), unless they do a patch to break the PS4 versions on the PS5 on-purpose
Oh, I didn't know or expect that. That's certainly player friendly and would force companies to just work on new **** instead of releasing remakes and remasters halway into the console's lifetime still. I certainly support it. Sucks for those publishers that were looking to make quick cash like this lol.
Old 08-10-19, 20:27   #6408
Vaskito
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
That’s unlikely because the PS5 is rumored to be backwards compatible with PS4 games. So people would buy the cheap individual PS4 versions of the reboot games (logically speaking), unless they do a patch to break the PS4 versions on the PS5 on-purpose
It doesn't mean anything.
There's a difference between playing the game with backwards compatibility, or having it optimized to the new system. A re-release for the new gen, if it happens, will come with technical improvements
Old 08-10-19, 20:27   #6409
E.Carnby
Archaeologist

Use google translator. I see the light :-)

http://www.hrej.cz/novinky/2019/10/0...ni-lary-52656/
E.Carnby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-19, 20:29   #6410
Tomb Raidering
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
It doesn't mean anything.
There's a difference between playing the game with backwards compatibility, or having it optimized to the new system. A re-release for the new gen, if it happens, will come with technical improvements
But I don’t think it would be a best-seller, when there’s the cheaper version chilling just about... Only if it has exclusive content...
______
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Carnby View Post
Use google translator. I see the light :-)

http://www.hrej.cz/novinky/2019/10/0...ni-lary-52656/
What does Eidos Montreal being ‘clicked’ by the Korean/Australian rating companies mean? Getting in touch?

Last edited by Tomb Raidering; 08-10-19 at 20:32.
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote