www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 05-06-19, 15:25   #151
Dustie
Relic Hunter

There is at least 1 remake of TR1 made with TRLE and at least 1 builder is making a port of TR1 with TRNG, but I don't know if all TR4 moves are retained. With TR5main comes out it might be pretty feasible to do a pretty close recreation.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 15:26   #152
Legends
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
There sadly aren't, due to some limitations with modding the classics. In theory, people could technically rebuild all the levels in the TR2/3 engine with a lot of recoding for some enemies.

This would probably take loads and loads of time though.
Oh, I see. I kind of wish someone did that though. Although, I understand why they haven't if it's that complicated. Going back and playing TR1 after TR2 or any of the classic sequels really makes it obvious how much those moves are missed in the first game. It's just something I've gotten used to, and it's almost weird that it was never a part of the first game (edit: and I just noticed that Athukraz said the exact same thing, lol.)

@Dustie: Oh. I might have to check that out actually. I've been wanting to play some mods recently, but haven't gotten into it yet.

Last edited by Legends; 05-06-19 at 15:31.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-19, 15:16   #153
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Let's be honest:

Even if they remade every single Tomb Raider game in existence, and they were regarded not only as the best remakes, but as the best games ever created, people here would still be having heated "discussions" about why they suck.

You mean accurate remakes, or something alot easier and shorter like Anniversary?

I can easily see TR2 being remade as the Oil Rig is already pretty close to a repetitive corridor shooter at times.
Old 06-06-19, 15:25   #154
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
You mean accurate remakes, or something alot easier and shorter like Anniversary?
Quite honestly, either one would definitely be frown upon in here...
Old 06-06-19, 18:04   #155
johnanonymouz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
I truly believe in the possibility of they remaking TR1, but adapting it to the survivor era, and gameplay (with a lot of improvements, and changes from the origin trilogy, of course).
as much as id enjoy the meltdown, id have to pass. anniversary tried this and i dont want sth similar! at this point, id only take the classics as straight up remasters like the nsane trilogy. I don't think we need remasters though so Idk.

Last edited by johnanonymouz; 06-06-19 at 18:06.
johnanonymouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-19, 18:11   #156
LukeXscorpio
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnanonymouz View Post
as much as id enjoy the meltdown, id have to pass. Anniversary tried this and i dont want sth similar! At this point, id only take the classics as straight up remasters like the nsane trilogy. I don't think we need remasters though so idk.

100%

But we need remasters.
LukeXscorpio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-19, 18:26   #157
Maverin
Archaeologist

I don't have any expectations. If there's anything interesting, I'll hear about it soon enough here, on YouTube or through friends. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys instead!
Old 06-06-19, 21:50   #158
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
It depends on what you're talking about.

I truly believe in the possibility of they remaking TR1, but adapting it to the survivor era, and gameplay (with a lot of improvements, and changes from the origin trilogy, of course).

Remasters, I think they are a possibility. Not HIGHLY likely, but simply likely

Remakes 100% faithful, but with new controls, etc. I think chances are really low.

This is purely my assumption
That wouldn't work, mainly since TR1 has almost no human enemies and the Reboot's combat system is built for human foes.
Old 06-06-19, 22:10   #159
Vaskito
Relic Hunter

Quote:
That wouldn't work, mainly since TR1 has almost no human enemies and the Reboot's combat system is built for human foes.
Hence why I say a reimagining within the reboot era, and not a faithful remake of the original game.
Meaning:
  • Same plot about the Scion
  • Natla hires Lara to get it, like the original games.
  • Each piece is in the same locations as the original game
  • Everything else changed. Levels could be completely remade, but maybe adding some familiar places/some portions with a similar level design for nostalgia purposes
  • Expanded mythology, and documents explaining it, like they’ve done so far
  • Some story aspects changed and/or adapted to the reboot universe, like for example:

- some correlation to Trinity.

Trinity = tri = three = three siblings = three gods (Natla, Qualopec and Tihocan)

Maybe making them not dead in this iteration, and make them actually alive, and end bosses of each location
  • Obviously, the gameplay needs to br freshened up. Drop some stuff from the origin trilogy. Implement more classic elements under the survival lens. Actual secrets. Etc.

I think there were enough signs that indicate AT LEAST the possibility of the next game being a remake, or better yet, a reimagining of TR1. So that’s where my bet will be until we learn anything about it in two years, or so
Old 07-06-19, 00:25   #160
SoraSakai
Professor

Quote:
TR2013 features wolves and deers.
Rise features wolves, jungle cats and bears and deers.
Shadow features wolves, leopards, Yaxiil and capybara(lol).

They could easily make combat with animals work.